30 day Shred

im hoping ive done thing right noe as my muscles havnt ached after the workouts but i have been sweating like a pig when ive been working out. x

After the first four days or so, I stopped aching and haven't ached since. Like you, I perspire LOADS now though....I was just thinking today that I do at least twice as much clothes washing since Jillian came in to my life.:mad:

Just about to switch the DVD on for tonight's session!! It's pouring down outside and I'm feeling cold so this'll warm me right up. Back in a bit :D

i think i need the bum kicking tonight. :(

i think i need the bum kicking tonight. :(

Come on kirsty! *kicks your butt* you can do it, it's only 20 minutes of pain in return for a hot body!

I just did day 9 level 1. It was a lot easier today. I even used heavier weights and I sailed through the bicycle crunches. Just one more day of that, then I'm on to level 2. Feeling excited and proud of myself for sticking with it despite the mean scales!

I did level 2 tonight and it was a killer for some reason!! I had to stop during the skater. But its done, I feel better but I'm aching a bit from yesterday, not much, nothing like the first time lol. Got 2 stars on my star chart now :D

i failed. i did the shred tonight but had to stop as i felt dizzy. :(

rugbykirsty87 said:

Hope you're ok Kirsty!!

thanks hun. ive blacked out after exercise before last october so hadnt dare do a lot since then soo im going to not try anymore tonight then try again tomorrow. x

Feel better soon Kirsty!
Day 6 level 1 complete for me !!!!
I used heavier weights as well today!!

Hi guys it's only day 7 of the shred for me but just wanted to share something with you.
Last week I bought a dress, I loved it so thought I'll get it and fit into it! Anyway the buttons didn't even go up! Last night I thought I'd try it and ask the other half to tell me where I need to lose from in order for me to fit into it! It was somewhere on my back you see, anyway guess what??? It fit!!!! I'm sooo happy!!!! This is my dress it's a bit funky but I love it!!!!

Attachments

• image-538518410.jpg
    image-538518410.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,308
Hiya

Can you please explain a bit about the dvd. Thinking of ordering it of amazon, prefer exercising in the house. I have claire nasir dvd as well.
It says 30 day shred, then do you repeat it again ?

Thanks

Any advice x x x

Thanks everyone

There are 3 25 minute workouts, you are supposed to do level 1 x 10 times, 2 x 10 times and 3 x 10 times and then you are "Shredded". A lot of people do this over 30 days, but some people take the odd rest day here and there. And yes - when you get to the end - you can start again - but if you look at Hannah's 30 Day Slimdown - there are other programmes using JM DVDs that you can use to keep yourself motivated. The DVD is tough, one of he toughest, you will not be able to do all of the exercises right away, but by the end of the 10 days on a level you will be able to do all of them.

Each workout consists of Warm up 3 x circuits and Cool Down

Circuits are as follows

• 3 mins strength - 30 seconds high intensity strength move, 1 min of working arms and legs at the same time and repeat
  • 2 mins cardio 30 seconds bursts of different cardio moves like jumping jacks, pretend skipping etc
  • 1 minute abs

You do 3 sets of different exercises, with each level these get tougher in different ways. The great thing is if something is horrible it never lasts more than a minute ;)

Here are my results

Day 116 and 30 Day Shred stats « Keep off the arse

Weightloss was slow in the first two weeks but inches flew off...and then the pounds followed - over a stone in the second two weeks. And I am nearing the end of a VLCD - I've been doing this for weeks.But if you want to lose the 20lbs promised on the DVD at your BMI you have to follow a diet as well as doing the exercise.

Hey - lovely moderators

Any chance we can have a 30 Day Shred forum at the top? There are way more posts on this than there are on Curves and people can't read through all of this thread now and I'm starting to have to repeat the same stuff a few pages later. And it would be good to have an FAQ thread, and a people who are doing the 30 day challenge thread and a Shred and VLCDs thread and the what to do after the thread - see! It's a forum in itself these days :D

Cerulean said:
Any chance we can have a 30 Day Shred forum at the top? There are way more posts on this than there are on Curves and people can't read through all of this thread now and I'm starting to have to repeat the same stuff a few pages later. And it would be good to have an FAQ thread, and a people who are doing the 30 day challenge thread and a Shred and VLCDs thread and the what to do after the thread - see! It's a forum in itself these days :D

I totally agree!! It would be good to keep all the Shred threads in one easily accessible place :)

Naz I love that dress. So fab!

Sarah It would be great if it were less confusing as I am still having trouble finding my way around!

Ashamed to say did dvd once and then not again. More commitmnet is needed!! You are a great inspiration so back at it!! :cool:

Ahhhhhhh I had a day off yesterday, it was my daughters summer ball and a full day at work. I need motivation to get day 25 over and done............shouldnt have taken that day out! bloomin heck!

hels123smiles said:
Well done you!
Keep at it, I couldnt do a single push up, now I can do 2 sets of 15 :D

Thanks hels123smiles - there's press-up hope for me then! On a serious note, it is so encouraging to see that people's fitness has improved on this programme. I am determined to stick with it now ;D

rugbykirsty87 said:

Hey Kirsty, I hope you've recovered now? Interestingly same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago; I went for a bike ride after a long period of not exercising and felt very dizzy. I haven't experienced it since so it might just have been my body adjusting to exercise. Could be same for you; but if you remain concerned best get it checked out with a Dr -your BP, iron levels, etc.

Back