30 day Shred

CarlyLanky140 said:
Keep it up guys :) xx

Good to see you cheering us on Carly after completing yours. Did you take your stats and what's the main change in you from the Shred?

I just bought the JM 30 day shred dvd, wore me out just sitting watching it LOL.. Anyway starting tommorrow, could someone just tell me though, do you do a week at each level or just one day at each or is there a specific timing to each? Sorry to seem thick but not done an exercise dvd before... Thanks:eek:

A popular concensus is to do 10 days on each level...
But if you find that you are still struggling after 10 days on level 1, just stay on it until you feel ready to move up.
Equally, if you feel level one is too easy before 10 days, move up to level 2 :)
Good luck, and let us know how you get on :)

I have now done 15 days of level 3, in the month of July... only another 15 days to go :D

I have been doing WW at the same time but I have still been losing and I think I'm more toned although not lost loads of inches :) but I didn't quite measure at start/end of shred I just kept measuring every 4 weeks.... X

After finishing my 30 days, I went back and did level 1 yesterday, to see how I differed to the 1st time. Managed to do all as Natalie with heavier weights than before, except damn push ups :-( they still defeat me! Boy can I feel it this morning..... Just goes to show how each level provides a good work out.
Keep up the good work shredders :)

Just did day 7 level 2. My arms are shaking. I am sweating all over. Really puffed out. I found everything really hard today, don't know why, guess it was just one of those days. The good news is that on the cool down stretches, I can now touch my toes with both hands, when I started off only being able to touch my shins. Can't wait until I'm done with level 2.

Hope everyone's having a good shred today!

Thanks everyone, well here goes, my first day, will let you know how it goes.:D

CarlyLanky140 said:
I have been doing WW at the same time but I have still been losing and I think I'm more toned although not lost loads of inches :) but I didn't quite measure at start/end of shred I just kept measuring every 4 weeks.... X

Yeah, I think being more toned is the most obvious result. I certainly see that after 9 days on level 1. Guess I'm a bit impatient about inches and pounds/kgs and need to tighten up with the diet side of things. Thanks for sharing Carly.

U are all doing so well :) I decided to ease the exercise this week as I was doing ridiculous amounts and stupid scales are stuck! So I'm grumpy ! Gonna try one if the other JM DVDs today x

I have just brought this dvd on Play.com .. I love Jillian Michaels when shes on The Biggest Loser USA. After reading everyones experience I am glad I've brought it! Im hoping for inch loss off my stomach as that is my problem area!

how many inches/weight has anyone lost doing this workout?? :)

Omg I don't know what the hell happened today!! I'm nearing the end of level 1 (again) and today I felt worse than the first time I ever did Shred. I couldn't even manage the cardio, which is usually my strong point, I felt sick and sweated way more than normal even with the fan on :( I feel like I've never exercised in my life.

I was going to move up to level 2 tomorrow but maybe I'd better not!

We all have bad days on it chick... I have no idea why either... but some days I felt like I could hardly do it... try level 2 tomorrow and see what u think xx

Just did this for the first time today! Without weights as mine are much too heavy for it. What size are the weights JM uses in the video?

I too found the push ups hard - I actually thought the modified ones were harder! LOVED the punching and jump rope exercises. Going to take the advice from here and do 10 days on lv.1 before moving up.

One question though - I'm already doing Pilates and Cross trainer every day, and Zumba once a week, do I have to do this every day to get the full benefit or could it be incorporated into my routine as it's working quite well so far? Think I would prob. have to swap it for cross training on the day I do it. Any thoughts?

Its up to u! Sounds like you do so much already ... It is meant to be done every day but I think u might have to limit the other activity... xx

Hi guys after missing 3 days on the shred I plucked up the courage to start again today! Level 2 day 3 completed! I'm disappointed in myself really couldn't even continue it for 22 days non stop! Shame on me! Well done to the rest of you tho! Xxx

Just did this for the first time today! Without weights as mine are much too heavy for it. What size are the weights JM uses in the video?

I too found the push ups hard - I actually thought the modified ones were harder! LOVED the punching and jump rope exercises. Going to take the advice from here and do 10 days on lv.1 before moving up.

One question though - I'm already doing Pilates and Cross trainer every day, and Zumba once a week, do I have to do this every day to get the full benefit or could it be incorporated into my routine as it's working quite well so far? Think I would prob. have to swap it for cross training on the day I do it. Any thoughts?

I'm planning on doing this for 30 days straight, and then integrate into a routine with other stuff such as Pilates and swimming. But I think at first it's really designed to be done every day.

I accomplished day 8 ;) Still can't do the whole jumping jack and jumping rope part. But I manage the last cardio easily....bizarre....I decided to stay with Anita for the whole 30 days, we'll see later. I love the way she moves, her grace and how she is doing the exercice, so much better than Natalie. She seems more engaged in her whole body if you look closely.
I cannot wait to start level 2, even if I'm not perfect at level 1, 10 days is enough because you get easily used to it...(even know Jillian phrases by heart...)

Doing it on a VLCD

I did one day this week and the next day showed no change so got put off it a bit. However I get the muscle is smaller than fat so u might not lose weight but inches etc, but when do you start losing fat?

Also, do you need to eat more protein to maintain or gain muscles as I obvioudly cant on a vlcd.

Thanks!

DAY ONE TOMORROW

:lost::lost::eek: received my 30 day shred in the post on friday..i am really feard :eek:

the thing is this, i am going on holiday in first week of aug which works out at about 18 days. I am wondering will i lose weight if i do approx ten days of the shred now and then start it again when i come back or should i leave it until after hols?? :lost:

i am doing an aerobic dvd at the min but i want quick results regarding toning. my arms and bum and tum..want to look a wee bit decent in my bikinis..any advice people???

I've been doing this on CD and am gaining muscle. I think the amount of protein we get from the packs is enough, the amount of cardio in the 30 DS is not enough to cause muscle loss.

Keep it up guys xx

Back