30 day Shred

Hi guys please advice me as I'm really feeling down and depressed! I stated the 30 day shred on the first of aug and so far I have done the shred everyday ( I only missed 1 day) anyway I'm on level 2 and I have upped my weights I now use 2.5kg as I'm on level 2. My weigh day is sat and after weighing myself I had lost 2kg in total which is great. Also this is tje fasting month for me so I fast everyday for 30 days (whole of august) I have been having Healthy meals too! But today I weighed myself and I have put on 1kg! This has really put me down and I am wondering if 30 day shred has something to do with it! I know losing inches is also great but I really want to see it on the scales this month! It's all phycological but all I know is I'm really really down :( any ideas?

hiya everyone! ive just restarted sw and heard great things about this so im gonna buy it and give it ago! ive also got 2 toddlers to should be fun lol!! any success stories here? xx

naz said:
Hi guys please advice me as I'm really feeling down and depressed! I stated the 30 day shred on the first of aug and so far I have done the shred everyday ( I only missed 1 day) anyway I'm on level 2 and I have upped my weights I now use 2.5kg as I'm on level 2. My weigh day is sat and after weighing myself I had lost 2kg in total which is great. Also this is tje fasting month for me so I fast everyday for 30 days (whole of august) I have been having Healthy meals too! But today I weighed myself and I have put on 1kg! This has really put me down and I am wondering if 30 day shred has something to do with it! I know losing inches is also great but I really want to see it on the scales this month! It's all phycological but all I know is I'm really really down :( any ideas?

Hey Naz, not sure I'm entirely accurate here but there could be a number of reasons your weight seems to have gone up:
1. Daily variation -weight varies over the course of a day by up to 1kg or more, depending on time of day you weigh
2. Type of meal eaten in last 24 hours - high salt, high carb meal will probably cause some immediate fluid retention
3. The Shred does seem to help much more with toning up and improving stamina than with weight loss in the short term.
4. TOTM

So Naz, please cheer up! You're doing great with The Shred ?. Don't give up now; Keep on!

Hey people, I should officially be at day 30 by now but I fell off the wagon and after day 15 just couldn't get back on! I admit I got frustrated at my weight staying the same :(
Now I need to shake up my strategy a bit. I plan to alternate the Shred with C25K and to cut back seriously on carbs for a month. Will be posting on various parts of the forum including here.
Meanwhile, Well done to all Shreddders; keep shredding! :)

Day 5 level 1 completed! Was a lot easier than the other days!! Lost 6.5lbs this week :D

Thanks trimlee, to be honest its not totm and this weight gain has really put me down, I just wanted to lose what I gained in august to be honest which is around 5lbs. So today I'm thinking maybe I should give my body a rest from the 30 day shred. I was hoping to do 30 days non stop but I need to figure out what it is that's making me put on weight! I'm an emotional reck this week and just want to curl up and hide :( . Well done to all u ladies! Xxx

Yay I feel so virtuous - having dropped out of the Shred programme I returned and did Day 1 level 1 again (a month after first starting). This time I could do much more - did almost all the jumping jacks and some press ups :D
Not quite an Anita or Natalie yet but still YAY!!!!

Just done my level 3 day 3. Oh yeah!

Day 7 level 2 complete. Wasn't going to do it cus scale wasn't budging but I still did! Guess I believe in jillian more lol xx

Hi guys thought I'd update you! After feeling so depressed over weight gain which there was nice reason for I weighed myself today and I've gone back down to what I was! I way myself on Saturday's but i have to admit I'm obsessed with the scales!! Anyway im going to do my shred today after I open my fast! Well done shredders!!

Ps I spoke to my mum last night (sype) and she said lost weight on my face!! Must be all the jumping jacks! Lol xxx

& naz well done you & remember if ur doin the shred remember that u will be loosing weight but cuz ur toning up ur gaining muscle so it looks like u havnt lost nothin even tho u have xx

Haha. Level 2 fail! Im on day 9/10 of level 1 but but put 2 by accident so i thought i stick to it! Could hard do any moves without restin!!
Put prefer level 1! :)

Day 6 Level 1 done last night, really pushed myself and tried all the non-modified versions of the exercises, did them all except for the press ups only managed 5 each time :S

Day 4 level one done....missed yesterday and was late home so did it after dinner- yuck,felt so sick after it.
Quick question,do you have to do 10 days of each level?

Day 8 level 2 complete! Somebody tell me please wen this is going to get easier! I thought after 8 days on level 2 I would find it a bit easier! I really feel like I'm going I die! jillian makes me work hard core! ;) !!!!

Back