30 day Shred

Just done day 2 of level one and my quads are absolutely killing me!!!
Finding the cardio easy as I'm a Zumba queen, and abs are not too bad either, it's the strength (arms mostly) that I'm finding difficult.
I even managed to walk 6.5 miles with the pram today after shredding! Lol x

The answer to my question is probably on this thread but I haven't got time to trawl through;
What is the 30 day shred?
It sounds fab!
Thanks x

It's a circuit training programme by jillian michaels. It involves cardio, strength and abs and you do each level for 10 days each. It's hard but you see results body wise, if not weight wise.

Thanks for the info, I am ordering it in a minute, i went and bought my weights today c

When I was at home I'd got up to level 3 and was loving it! At the moment I am away with work so can't do the shred but in about 3 weeks I'll be home again and I may start again from level 1, maybe. I am thinking about taking 30DS away on holiday with me, is that nuts?? LOL!! Mum and I are going to Lanzarote for a week and I don't want to totally go off plan exercise wise but my question is.... Will it be worth doing given that I won't have any weights with me because of the baggage allowance, all I'll have are 2 water bottles. Surely a bit is better than nothing?? Maybe....:sigh:

Day 6 Level 1 completed! Plus 1 hour of Zumba! Tried Zumba a few months ago but my knees hurt so never went back, decided to give it another go today, knees seem to have have held up okay :)

Dilemma tomorrow, 12 hour day shift, not sure whether to do Shred at 6am or wait till I get home at 8pm!

Hi all,

Couldn't get up in time today so no shredding for me today. I'm hoping that I can fit in tonight when i get home.... won't be till 10.30pm so it may be tricky or I'm just plain lazy :sigh:

So far I have done 8 days of Level 1. Will be moving to Level 2 on Thursday and I'm cacking myself!

day 6 done today seem to have pulled something in lower abs so ab work was hard I skipped bicycle crunches and did a few extra ordinary crunches, was going to take a day off today as i was supposed to be doing interval running training but have moved that to tomorrow

cheeky you'll need to try that by yourself. Shred can be hard on the knees, so even without doing anything else, I decided to have breaks. Better to do it less often seriously, than do something everyday that becomes very far from the movements taught. That's what happened to me. I hurt so much I couldn't do the DVD properly so what's the point ?

Hi Illa,

Thank you for your advice.

I think that I might do the shred on the days I don't do any exercise. I really love my Zumba and would hate for that to stop being enjoyable because I ache.

Thank you for giving me the heads up on the knee's side. I now know to keep and eye on them.

I have ordered the DVD from Play and look forward to getting starts soon

Thanks again

I haven't had any problems with my knees but for the first 3 or 4 days everything else ached! I am going to try and do it most days even if i run except for interval training days, I run 4 days a week but if i find it is too difficult I will only shred on non running days. Long term goal after 30 days is to run 4 days a week and shred 3 days a week (or more) This is my favourite dvd ever ! And i hate strength training

Derbynanny said:
I haven't had any problems with my knees but for the first 3 or 4 days everything else ached! I am going to try and do it most days even if i run except for interval training days, I run 4 days a week but if i find it is too difficult I will only shred on non running days. Long term goal after 30 days is to run 4 days a week and shred 3 days a week (or more) This is my favourite dvd ever ! And i hate strength training

Derbynanny thank you for reply. I've decided to do the shred on non zumba days with the possibility of the weekends off.

Gonna take it as I come as i guess as Illa said I won't know how I feel until I start doing the dvd

Thanks again

Well that is Day 7 Level1 complete. Decided to do the exercise after work as thought of trying to complete it at 6am was too much!

Might have a day off tomorrow as going straight to Aqua Fit after work and will not be home till about 9.30.

I already had knee problems, but the dvd has just like killed my knee...i can barely walk on it :( i was doing ok..then i did level 2 and i think thats where i went wrong..i havent been able to do the dvd for days cus my knee is soo bad :( sucks, cus i really enjoyed it!!!! Have to wait till its healed i guess :(

Haven't been able to do it for last 2 days- travelling Monday, too busy yesterday, but back on it today. Will be able to do it tomorrow, then not really on Friday as travelling then in a premier inn(no DVD player) then travelling back up saturday so might be able to do it sat evening. Then I'm going to progress to level 2 finally. That's the plan anyway!

Back