30 day Shred

Geemav said:
Haven't been able to do it for last 2 days- travelling Monday, too busy yesterday, but back on it today. Will be able to do it tomorrow, then not really on Friday as travelling then in a premier inn(no DVD player) then travelling back up saturday so might be able to do it sat evening. Then I'm going to progress to level 2 finally. That's the plan anyway!

Good luck hun!!! Level 2 is easy peasy. Lmao!!! Ha ha!

thinkin about gettin this dvd but on ebay theres 2, they have different covers, not sure if theyre different dvds? ones turquoise colour the other one is black n red? anyone know if they are different?

so the people who have been doing it a while, have you noticed a significant difference? i looked through about 14 pages of this thread n found no comments on the physical difference apart from the pain, so im askin now lol

Don't know what the difference is in the covers, sorry, mines turquoise. You really do notice a change in your body, muscles get defined and you lose inches. Some people say they put ON weight while doing the shred, but I didn't, I lost weight and inches.

Day 8 Level 1 complete. Didn't do Shred yesterday as went to Aqua fit after work and didn't get home till near 10.

Just did day 1 level 1! The cardio killed me on the first round but it got easier. Last time I attempted it a few months ago, I ached so bad for a week and didn't do it again so need to keep at it!

Cheekypasterfield said:
Well got to do the shred!

I'm on level one and surprised myself that although it was hard going I felt ok. I found the cardio and Abs easy, but the strengthing the hardest part. Will see how I feel tomorrow haha.

Glad I did it

I still find the arm raises the most difficult bit. I can't do full press ups and it seems that my shoulders are rubbish at lifting my arms. Lol!!

The girly press ups killed me and every strengthing with weights lol

I have poor upper body strength, its the one thing I struggled with when i used to to PT (physical training) at college ( I trained to go into the public/armed services) so army type drill exercises were a killer for me lol

So glad I've been doing zumba, its helped me with my cardio.

Have any of you bought any gadget to monitor your heart rate and calories burnt? I was thinking of getting a cheap one to help keep me motivated

Have any of you bought any gadget to monitor your heart rate and calories burnt? I was thinking of getting a cheap one to help keep me motivated

I bought a cheap wrist watch type one which had a pulse sensor on the side. It was OK but a bit hit or miss with the calorie count so when I got more interested in the exercise side of things I treated myself to a Polar P4 which has a chest strap so it is much more accurate. It wasn't much of a treat, I got it for £40 on ebay, well worth having a look on there and I would say definitely get one!! It really is a terrific motivator, watching those exercise calories add up. :D

Thanks FionaT

I've seen decathalon do a watch with a strap that goes around your chest for £25. It's there own so might go and have a look.

I did the shred this morning at 5am whilst my girls were a sleep. I did feel achey after last night shred but I managed to do day 2. I do ache in the top of my legs and arms but its a good ache.

I'm determined I'm gonna keep with this. I just remind myself that its only 20 mins lol

Well done I think the fact it is only 20 minutes and that each segment is short makes it the best, Have let life and laziness get in the way for two days and not done it, so instead of going onto level 2 today I am doing 2 or 3 more days of level one :)

I have just ordered the 30 Day Shred, I've bought my weights so am looking forward to starting when I go up in calories x

Back