30 day Shred

Day 1 level 1 completed.... Boy am I weak!!!
I go spinning 3 x a week and body conditioning 1 x a week and I still found it hard......
Going to try and do level for 10 days, every am before work, and see...
Any tips! X

Toothfairy, my tip is if you really don't feel like it, just remember it's ONLY20MINUTES!!!!! 20 mins and you're done, 20 mins out of your day, 20 mins and the rest of the day is your own.

Go for it!

hello fellow shredders :D

i've just started the shred again, just done day 2.
tried twice before but had to stop through injury and health problems, hoping this is 3rd time lucky.

Missed 2 days on the trot now! yesterday was a planned rest day and today I have had to dig the snow off the driveway and we have a BIG driveway!

Took ages but I really got into it and saw it was a workout instead. Arms and legs are aching. Will get back on it tomorrow.

I did my 2nd day yesterday and today I am dying... calf muscles, chest/shoulder muscles. EEK!

Will carry on and stick with it though - WORK THROUGH THE PAIN! Haha x

just done day 6 :D

missed one day ,was busy from morning til night.
feeling really good from it :D

Hi all,
I'm starting Day 1 (level 1) once I've written this post.
I've done level one before but stopped half way during level two due to having weak wrists.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.
Right....Off I go to shout at JM

Hello all. This morning I did day 2 of level 1. Decided not interested so much in weight loss but would rather lose inches so my work trousers don't feel so tight and my bras fit me better.

I am aching on the front of ny thighs and the chest area above my boobs. Have a bit of annual leave at the moment so hoping I can give this a good go

Good luck to you all

Day 3 level 1 completed. I purchased 2 kg weights to do the exercise today however they are going straight back to Argos - they are way to heavy. i just want to tone up not bulk up so going to swap them for the 1kg weights.

Anyone else doing this with me - its been quiet on this thread for a while

Day 5 level 1 completed. Its true what they say it does get easier. Not aching half as much as I was at the beginning of the week

I just started this yesterday. Today I ache all over to the point where I have trouble sitting down :ashamed0005:

Im going on a shopping/sightseeing trip on Sunday. Should I carry on through the pain? Will it get better? I dont want to be crippled on sunday. Should I miss today and do it again tomorrow?
Any advice would be awsome

Keep going! It gets easier def.

I would recommend stretching for longer too. A good 20 seconds minimum per good stretch and I am right as rain.

Trust me. Keep going!

I want to try this, I've heard its amazing. Any recommendations on where to buy this? I'm new to exercise, will I pass out? Haha, I'm a bit of a wuss!

I was looking at buying the 30 day shred and found a 4 DVD collection with it included. Has anyone tried any of her other DVD's? If so are they any good? Or should I just stick with the 30 day shred?
I found both on play.com single DVD £5 the collection £15

New Recruit!!!
Was meandering through tesco and the dvd was on offer for £5 so couldn't say no.
I've been struggling with weight loss for a while now, I'm an eternal Slimming World member who lost 5 stone but regained 2 and can't shift it.
I started using Kettlebells 4 weeks ago, and discovered Jillian's Shred it with weights so started that last week.

My aim is to do up to day 20 of 30 day Shred before my holiday with kettlebells maybe 3 times a week then start at the beginning again when I get back. Does that sound reasonable? I really enjoy the kettlebells.

Am planning to read through this thread but with 2000+ posts it may take some time so if anyone has any tried and tested tips/comments or advice that would be fab.

Also, what weights does everyone use? From the look of the dvd they are using 1&1/2 kg, does anyone use heavier weights? I always thought heavier weights would just build muscle but i've been told that heavier weights increase fat burning.

Thanks. Sara xx

Bought my own copy now just waiting for it to be delivered :)

Quick question - the only weights I have are the ones that you strap round your wrists, would they be ok?

Loundy, I am sure they will be fine to get started with. You can upgrade as you get better.

Day 6 done, my calves are so sore though, I think i've pulled the muscles but trying to carry on. It seemed to get easier for a day or two and was thinking about steeping it up to level 2, or even doing them both but today was hard (was after a 12.5hr shift though).

What kind of results have people had? Have you seen a difference quickly?

Back