30 day shred!

Level 2, day 12. Still hate Level Two, but I can totally see how it's going to get results. All those planks!

How many times a week do most people do this? Literally every day, or do you give yourself a rest day?

I'm doing it every day.....at the moment! I'm still quite motivated, lets see if I can keep up the motivation for the full 30 days! ;)

Level 1 - Day 5 completed :D

shrinkingmer said:
My 30 shred arrived this morning, & having looked at the cover I'm terrified! I am a BIG girl with not such a great fitness level. Can anyone let me know, do you need a basic keel f fitness to e able to do the first bit? I try to swim 4/5 times a week, but still not very fit!!

No hun you'll be fine. The moves aren't that vigourous. Jumping jacks, running on the spot etc. you'll be fine. Have a go. Just stretch lots every time I've started I've been in agony by day 3 so do extra stretching lol.

miss_miffi said:
Level 2, day 12. Still hate Level Two, but I can totally see how it's going to get results. All those planks!

How many times a week do most people do this? Literally every day, or do you give yourself a rest day?

Ugh. I'm rubbish at planks so this will be a challenge when I get there lol. This time I'm trying to do it every day so that I don't lose focus. Had twice got to day 9 and had a cold and never picked it back up. This time I'm pushing through. Have you seen any differerence in you yet x

Still waiting for mine, got an e mail to say it was posted today so fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow. I know I could start it on you tube but I'd rather start it properly on the big tv rather than on the iPad. It's getting posted to work and I'm off Friday so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow it'll be Monday before I get it. Boo! Had another good loss this week but not seeing the change so really feel something like this will help, need the toning.

I have done mine everyday, mainly as I wanted to get in to the routine of exercising regularly. This has helped me get in to a routine of exercise and enjoying it.

I think it depends on time commitments too, several people opt to do the dvd every other day and still see results :) x

I'm back from weigh in and I've put on 2lbs! I'm not impressed because I've stuck to the diet all week and the only thing that has changed has been doing this all week :-( If anything I've ate less this week because I've been ill. Did anyone else put on when they started this? X

shrinkydinkydoo said:
I'm back from weigh in and I've put on 2lbs! I'm not impressed because I've stuck to the diet all week and the only thing that has changed has been doing this all week :-( If anything I've ate less this week because I've been ill. Did anyone else put on when they started this? X

Have you checked your inches? Don't be disheartened, it could just be one of those things, especially if you're new to exercise your body can retain water to repair the muscles. X

Lots of people gain weight (or lose less compared to previous weeks) when they begin a new/more intense exercise regime. Don't let it put you off though, your body may be retaining water etc. and things do generally tend to level out.

Track your inches (if you don't already), I find that the times I lose the least weight- the more inches I lose :D.

Focus on the positives- think of the health benefits of doing regular activity and how you're shaping and toning your body. The weight loss will begin to follow.

xx

I've been doing Bootcamp 3 times a week for a year now and it's similar exercises and intensity.but it's probably because I've started doing it everyday

shrinkydinkydoo said:
I've been doing Bootcamp 3 times a week for a year now and it's similar exercises and intensity.but it's probably because I've started doing it everyday

And I haven't been eating as much as normal because I've been ill. I know my shape has changed though and my fitness levels have increased after just 1 week. I'm going to stick at it and hopefully the scales will even out next week. X

shrinkydinkydoo said:
And I haven't been eating as much as normal because I've been ill. I know my shape has changed though and my fitness levels have increased after just 1 week. I'm going to stick at it and hopefully the scales will even out next week. X

If you've been eating less it might be that you're not eating enough. Am sure it'll catch up next week, stick with it x

Home stretch for you then. What sort of results are you seeing? X

I don't know what I'm going to do without the shred in my life haha!

I forgot to post my results so far, these were taken on Monday (23 days in)

DIFF

Waist -3.5”
Bust -2.5”
Hips -2”
Thigh(mid) -2.5”
Arm -0.5”

Total 11”

How are you finding the Shred so far? x

Last edited:
Safi said:
I don't know what I'm going to do without the shred in my life haha!

I forgot to post my results so far, these were taken on Monday (23 days in)

DIFF

Waist -3.5"
Bust -2.5"
Hips -2"
Thigh(mid) -2.5"
Arm -0.5"

Total 11"

How are you finding the Shred so far? x

Wow. They're great results. Well done :)

I'm doing ok. I'm aching. This is the third (time lucky??) time that I've started it. Both other times have got to day nine, got a cold and never got back to it. Am determined to push through and do the 30days consecutively this time. I'm also doing the c25k from week 4 alongside it. Hoping to drop down a dress size by the end of April. Fingers crossed.

What are you going to do at the end then? Will you start again or look at another workout? X

Just read this entire thread lol!! so impressed by the results i've read about that i have just ordered jillians 4dvd set from amazon. can't wait to get started :D

I had a rest day yesterday, not intentionally though. After my little one fell asleep I fell asleep and was out cold. Back on it today!

Back