30 day shred!

I was thinking 10 days on each level, I suppose will have to see how I feel

Done it - 30 days complete....that's where the good news stops.

When did you completed shredders re-measure? I've just done it now and am so so disappointed I could cry. 1 inch off my hips, 1 inch BIGGER on my waist and everywhere else the same. I can't believe it :cry:

Try measuring again later, did you do it straight after or wait a little. Don't get too disheartened by it (although I know that's easier said then done)

I didn't get up this morning in time to do it before the school run and work :( I had a terrible nights sleep. But will do it this afternoon. Won't be able to do it tomorrow or Wednesday morning anyway as my boyfriend is on a course so doesn't have to get up as early for work. So I suppose my getting up early to do it will have to start on Thursday.

Just done day 1 & although I was doing it at half speed (and couldn't do the jumping jacks or skipping properly - my big chest even in a sports bra was moving too much - I modified them, stepping them instead) I lasted the whole way through! I won't be moving on to level 2 until I can keep up but I've survived day 1 despite my mother saying I wouldn't! I will do this!

Just done day 1 & although I was doing it at half speed (and couldn't do the jumping jacks or skipping properly - my big chest even in a sports bra was moving too much - I modified them, stepping them instead) I lasted the whole way through! I won't be moving on to level 2 until I can keep up but I've survived day 1 despite my mother saying I wouldn't! I will do this!

Well done :) and good luck with the rest of it, you can do it!!!!

Did day 3 before lunch and at times it felt harder, at times easier. I ache a lot less after doing it then I did before though.

I haven't taken measurements but I already feel better in myself after doing 3 days :)

Haven't did shred since Thursday as been away all weekend. Lookin forward to doing it. Think I have two more days of level one to do then move up to two.will see how I feel...

Try measuring again later, did you do it straight after or wait a little. Don't get too disheartened by it (although I know that's easier said then done).

I started on 1 April so have done it in 30 days (which was my goal), in that time I've lost 6.5lb. I've even just re-measured in case I was hot and swollen this morning but the tape reads the same. I feel much better for doing it and am really proud of myself for sticking with it, but it's such a disappointment to not be able to quantify my efforts!

Ironically, 3 people have commented today on how much weight I've lost - for that I should be feeling better I suppose. Oh well, now time to try Ripped in 30 - let's see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
I started on 1 April so have done it in 30 days (which was my goal), in that time I've lost 6.5lb. I've even just re-measured in case I was hot and swollen this morning but the tape reads the same. I feel much better for doing it and am really proud of myself for sticking with it, but it's such a disappointment to not be able to quantify my efforts!

Ironically, 3 people have commented today on how much weight I've lost - for that I should be feeling better I suppose. Oh well, now time to try Ripped in 30 - let's see if that makes a difference.

Good luck with ripped, I'm not sure if I'm going to buy that or just re-do the shred when I'm done.... I suppose if I get on really well with the shred and manage the 30 days it would be worth getting ripped

Did my frist day yesterday and im really aching today, thighs,chest and under arms lol

M Louise H said:

Maybe you've lost inches in areas you didn't measure? I know if I was to measure my "waist" I have muffin top above and below it which I'm hoping will shrink Whereas my waist I'm not too worried about ATM

I'm going to go on whether I can fit into a new pair of size 22 jeans or not at the end of 30 days, that's my challenge, to loose the Michelin man look. ATM the jeans go on, and they will fasten, but not in a "out in public" way lol I need to loose about 2 inches on my lower tummy as I call it (that podge below your belly button) and about 4 on the upper to make me look presentable before I can wear them out.

Woo hoo I've done it. Day 30!!! Can't believe I actually finished it and am so keen to move on to the next challenge!
my measurement changes are:
Bust -1"
waist -2"
hips-2.5"
thighs -2"
upper arm -1"
Wow!!!!
I'm not 100% sure how accurate these are as I did the first measurement on my own and my OH helped with this one.

So I'm off to the ripped in 30 thread now but will keep an eye on this one to see how everyone is doing. Goods luck and keep it up, I'd say it gets easier but ........!

Done it - 30 days complete....that's where the good news stops.

When did you completed shredders re-measure? I've just done it now and am so so disappointed I could cry. 1 inch off my hips, 1 inch BIGGER on my waist and everywhere else the same. I can't believe it :cry:

I waited until the day after completing before I measured

I'm going to have another go at this rather than Ripped in 30. So D1 L1 for the second time starts tomorrow, aiming to finish 31 May.

yay level one day ten!!
should i be scared of level two tomorrow??

Ha ha - not scared, no. I just didn't find it as 'enjoyable' as levels 1 and 3. For me some of the moves were just too difficult and I never seemed to advance with them.

I'm struggling to find my motivation today...hopefully it will turn up sometime later!!

Ha ha - not scared, no. I just didn't find it as 'enjoyable' as levels 1 and 3. For me some of the moves were just too difficult and I never seemed to advance with them.

I'm struggling to find my motivation today...hopefully it will turn up sometime later!!

Is level 3 easier then? as daft as that sounds, I've just done day 6 my second day on level 2 and I find some of the moves too difficult... I've been dreading even taking a peek at what level 3 is like.

I finished it today, but couldn't do all the ab moves :( which is really what I need to work on. Not because of the shred but I've been having the odd abdominal pain recently, doctors are currently doing tests to see what it is (but have told me I'm okay to be doing exercise) when I was doing some of the crunches I started getting the pains really bad so had to stop :( never had this problem with the shred until today so fingers crossed it will be okay tomorrow. Going for a scan tomorrow as well so hopefully they'll pick up on whats causing me the pains as well

Is level 3 easier then? as daft as that sounds, I've just done day 6 my second day on level 2 and I find some of the moves too difficult... I've been dreading even taking a peek at what level 3 is like.

I finished it today, but couldn't do all the ab moves :( which is really what I need to work on. Not because of the shred but I've been having the odd abdominal pain recently, doctors are currently doing tests to see what it is (but have told me I'm okay to be doing exercise) when I was doing some of the crunches I started getting the pains really bad so had to stop :( never had this problem with the shred until today so fingers crossed it will be okay tomorrow. Going for a scan tomorrow as well so hopefully they'll pick up on whats causing me the pains as well

I don't know if easier is quite the right word, it's a tough workout but I found the moves much better than L2. I've just started the whole thing again and am really enjoying L1, I'm so much fitter than when I first started it last time.

I finished my 30 days on Friday. Here are my measurements before and after:

Before:
Bust - 39in
Arms - 12in
Waist - 33in
Thighs - 25in
Hips 39in

After
Bust - 36in - 3in loss
Arms - 11in - 1in loss
Waist - 28in - 5in loss
Thighs - 23in - 2in loss
Hips - 28in - 1in loss

All in all, very happy, and I feel much fitter!

attempted level 2 yesterday, I have only done 5 days of level 1 but wanted to see if I could progress and as my dvd finally arrived I wanted to go on. big mistake! Still struggling with the full push ups in level 1 and now I know that level 2 is so upper body based with so many moves being push up based I think the new plan is to stick to level 1 until my holiday, then start from scratch when we get home doing the full 10 days of each :) shoulders hurting so badly today!

Back