30 day shred??

Thanks annya, wish I realised that sooner, mind you I got it off amazon for £4.95 with free postage a bargain I thought, will get straight on it tomorrow, can't wait to see some results x

Day 2 L1 and ouch my muscles all hurt from yesterday but no sicky feeling dreading how sore i will tomoz but it will b worth it xx

Well done Lucy. Most folks say days 2-4 are the worst - if it is real agony there is no shame in taking a day out and it won't make any real difference to your results, it will just take a bit longer to complete. I had to have several days out due to illness, injury (my ruddy knees), work committments etc but still got through and still got great results.

I am on Level 3 tonight after doing Level 2 on Saturday - I do either L2 or L3 (or sometimes both back-to-back if I am feeling really bas-ass!) every other day now to maintain along with some cardio on the "off" days. Bring on those walking push-ups........ you have the joy of them to come :eek:

I would recommend keeping it up on whatever level you find most useful after you finish the 30 day block unless you are going straight into something else, otherwise you will be surprised how soon you get flabby again (here speaks the voice of experience!).

Go for it - you will be gargling your heart on Level 2 (you'll know what I mean when you get there......ha, ha, ha) ;)

Thanks annya, wish I realised that sooner, mind you I got it off amazon for £4.95 with free postage a bargain I thought, will get straight on it tomorrow, can't wait to see some results x

Sorry honey. I didn't think to say sooner as it really isn't an option for me - we do have broadband here (just) but it is soooooo slow I am tapping my foot waiting fo rthe next bit to stream so it kind of defeats the object of it being non-stop!

I bought my DVD for £5 inc. P&P off eBay - I think alot of folks buy it, try it, can't hack it and sell it! I now have a boxed set of 4 JM DVDs and picked that up for under a tenner all in - another bargain............ I love a bargain me :D

Well the bonus is I can start straight away, I'm sure it will look better on a much bigger screen when the DVD arrives, Untill then I shall run it on iPad, thinking about the bikinis I will be wearing will ensure I complete the 20 mins for 30 days!! Not being able to hack it is not an option lol x

Ok so weigh and lost 1 pound little bit annoyed as i have stuck to my calorie intake and done a fair bit of exercise grrrrr what a bummer!!

Well the bonus is I can start straight away, I'm sure it will look better on a much bigger screen when the DVD arrives, Untill then I shall run it on iPad, thinking about the bikinis I will be wearing will ensure I complete the 20 mins for 30 days!! Not being able to hack it is not an option lol x

She does say in Level 2 to think about jeans shopping or bathing suit shopping if you are thinking about quitting because it hard......... I tell you, it is a GREAT incentive!

I dropped 3 inches off my hips and whole jean size by the time I got to the end - I haven't been in size 12 jeans for at least 10 years - worth it just for that without all the other benefits it has given me! I wore a tankini with confidence in Greece too - it would have been a granny cozie and cover up this time last year to hide the flabby legs, big belly and mahooosive backside :eek: :eek:

Ok so weigh and lost 1 pound little bit annoyed as i have stuck to my calorie intake and done a fair bit of exercise grrrrr what a bummer!!

Rather than repeat myself, see my response in the month challenge Lucy. Water gain will be the culprit for a lot of this. I know it can be a challenge, but try to drink at least 2 litres (and aim for 3!) of water every day - it is way forward both for weight loss and water retention, honestly. I used to think "what a ton of horse sh*t" but it really does make a difference.

Keep the faith - it's a blip - keep on working at it :bighug:

Last edited:
Day 3 L1 complete and it actually felt a bit easier i was still sweating like a pig though lol how is everyone else doing on it?? Xx

I did Level 3 last night..... "Rocky style" push ups, pike crunches and sidelifts all as agonising as I remember :eek: The walking push ups and sumo squats are a challenge too - quads and lats are sore today :sigh:

Well done Lucy. I found the more I did it, the more I wnted to do it. Push past the "off days" and you will get through!

The fact that it is less than half an hour beginning to end always spurs me on - I am not the type who wants to go and sweat in the gym for 2 hours a night after a hard day at work :eek:, but ANYONE can find half an hour a day so no excuses for me to not shred. I think the only reason I don't still do it every day now is that your body does get used to the same thing (which is why I bounce between Levels 2 and 3 too), so I am mixing in Pilates (good for my ancient old joints ;)) and even an old YMCA toning vidoe (yes, a VIDEO!) which is actually pretty hard core on the highest level too! I do one day cardio & one day toning for 6 days then rest on the 7th to give everything a chance to rest and recover. Never more than an hour cardio and half an hour toning and it works well for me and, more improtantly, is "do-able" whcih is the secret to success with exercise regimes :D

Cardio yesterday for me was a nice long power walk/jog with Lily so I am shredding tonight - not sure which level yet, but I think my arms are up to a level 2 with 5kg weighs after a couple of "easy" days so I might go for the burn again tonight - arrrgghhh!!!!

Me & my husband did 30DS ,a while ago with grat results my husband started to get abs -first time in 20 yrs lol! I actually startrd to see a waist again & no bingo wings - so keep going its worth it !!!

Level 2 for me tonight - I have decided to take the pain! Then a rest day, then Level 3. I am taking the DVD up to Harrogate this weekend as we are away at a wedding - hoping the room has a DVD player, if not I willhave to wing on what I know or go for a run instead. My husband has a right cob on as he can't beleive I am going to exercise whilst he recovers from his alcohol overdose!!

Big hotel - it might even have a gym :)

I haven't started as yet, we have visitors for weekend which means I wouldn't be able to do it for 3 days, so I am starting Monday. Well done every one you are doing great x

Back to it for me tonight :) ave been moving house and hurt enough from just that

Back from Harrogate and no DVD there so back on it tonight. A level 3 I think for me - I have missed those walking push ups and pike crunches (not!!) :eek:

I've got the dvd and really wanna do it for 30 days. I already do regular excercizze, going to the gym, zumba swimming etc do you think it will be too much if i add this in too? it is only half an hour

Back