30 Day Shred

wobbly tum!

I'm on day 16 of S&S but I cheated over the weekend and couldn't get back on track on Monday and I effectively started again yesterday so to keep my mind off food I took the plastic wrapper off the 30 day shred DVD that I bought before Christmas!
I've just done the first 20 minute workout and boy am I feeling it! I expected it to be *really* hard and not to be able to keep up but I completed it without stopping (but maybe not putting as much effort in at some points ;)) and it certainly make your arms and legs burn!
I feel quite proud of myself :angel09:Hopefully this will go some way to shifting the 2lb I put on over the weekend :eek:

Yay! Well done. 30DS is no mean feat. Gillian Anderson is one hardcore mother! Good on you. X

Gillian Anderson is one hardcore mother!
so is Jillian Michaels :p

I'm really feeling it now..... the school run wasn't easy up the hill with a double buggy. I think a cuppa tea is in order :)

I tried that last time i was on S&S and by day 5/6 i had awful shooting pains in my head. Called my Dr to query and she said i shouldn't be working so hard on a VLCD as it's dangerous. Lower calories = lower brain protein, and excess dehydration.

I'd wait till you're at goal to go hardcore as JM pushes you!! (And my god, what i woudn't give to have her as a personal trainer! xxxx

I tried that last time i was on S&S and by day 5/6 i had awful shooting pains in my head. Called my Dr to query and she said i shouldn't be working so hard on a VLCD as it's dangerous. Lower calories = lower brain protein, and excess dehydration.

I'd wait till you're at goal to go hardcore as JM pushes you!! (And my god, what i woudn't give to have her as a personal trainer! xxxx

Really? even if I do it every other day? I suppose I just want everything now! I do an hour circuit training class once a week and I found today easier than that as it was 1/3 of the time. I supposed when I'm doing it every day it will become more noticable..... I'll maybe just leave it for a few weeks :)
Thanks for the warning!

Really? even if I do it every other day? I suppose I just want everything now! I do an hour circuit training class once a week and I found today easier than that as it was 1/3 of the time. I supposed when I'm doing it every day it will become more noticable..... I'll maybe just leave it for a few weeks :)
Thanks for the warning!

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it at all. I'm sure there are some people that are still maintaining their previous workout regimes etc, but I think general advice isn't to push yourself too hard. Don't stop on my account, but be wary of your limitations, listen to your body, and make sure you drink even more than normal!!

I'm the same as you though! I want everything now, if not sooner!! :) xxxxxx

Yaaay finally started your 30 day shred, ill be starting ASAP! Been full of cold with a tight chest so waiting for it too clear, can't wait :) xx

Yaaay finally started your 30 day shred, ill be starting ASAP! Been full of cold with a tight chest so waiting for it too clear, can't wait :) xx
Only 2 days late! I really need it too after 4 days off plan :-(

BAHAHAHAAAAA! Weird! (Those aliens musta been pretty scared of her though, eh?)
The aliens were petrified! :)

I have my copy still sitting on the shelf - got flu when mine arrived and haven't shifted my backside since! Well that's not true, I've walked further into work every day this week from the cheaper car park so I'm making a start to build up to Ms Michaels. However, if we're talking PT's from heaven, can I please have the gorgeous Chris Powell :)

I've just done my first 30 DS, oh boy am I feeling it ! But also feeling great, I do want to try and keep it up. I have lost nearly 4 st now and started to see things get a little saggy, hoping it will help :)

I did the 30DS whilst I was calorie counting and I easily burned 700-800. That's far too high a burn whilst you're doing something like S&S really. Like someone else said, it's really not a good idea medically. I'm trying to do 20 minutes of pilates a day, it's not too intense (which is important) and although it doesn't burn a massive number of calories (which you don't need to do on a VLCD) it does improve balance, core strength, flexibility etc. When I come off S&S I plan to go back to Turbo Jam, which is a high cardio dance based kick boxing routine and possibly the 30DS. Getting into the habit of doing exercise is really good now but I think it shouldn't be too intense whilst on a VLCD.

20 minutes of circuit training (which is what 30DS is) only comes out at 150 cals burnt on MFP so I'm going to aim for every other day and not push too hard.

The 30DS isn't just like normal circuit training though. I used a HRM, that gives me a pretty accurate burn number. It wasn't 700-800 though, got that wrong! Just went on MFP to check, 20 mins of circuit training says 204, 20 mins of 30DS from my diary on there is 443. So it's a pretty big difference. Beyond the calories though, what is it you're wanting to do 30DS for? What do you want to gain from it?

At the moment just toning so am not putting 'my all' into the cardio sections but its more for the abs, legs and arms :) I've got the 10 minute solution DVDs too so may swap for the Pilates one of that :)
Thanks for info x

Back