30 days to break a habit

charliesworld

Apparently it takes 30 days to break a habit and I have 35 days until my annual spa break with my 2 best friends :) I have just come back from holiday where I was completely off plan and so need to get myself back on track. More than that though there are a couple of (well more than a couple but one step at a time!) things I do which sabotage my progress and I want to spend the next 30 days not doing them in the hope I won't fall into their traps so easily in the future.

1) To stop reaching for sugary/fatty foods when I'm hungry - mainly when I get in from work. It means I end up using my syns earlier than planned which means I feel hard done by later on or I just think sod it and overeat.

2) To stop using food as a treat - doesn't matter if it's been a good day or a bad day. And when I do have a treat I want to learn to savour it so that it's not wolfed down in seconds leaving me wanting more.

3) Get back into my exercise routine - in the next 30 days I want to have done 20 gym sessions/classes.

If anyone would like to join me you are more than welcome. Not everyone will have the same issues so maybe we can help each other along. 30 days doesn't seem so long does it?

Here's to day 1/30 :D

Lol guess it's just me then :D

I won't bore you by keeping an diary but had a good day yesterday. Didn't get to the gym because I had a mountain of holiday washing to sort out but I'm off there this morning as my childminder is still on hols. Had a couple of moments yesterday when i was tempted to raid the kitchen but I didn't and had more speed than free food and only 5 syns :)

Well done! Doing all that holiday washing has got to be some sort of Body Magic lol!

I'm going to join you if you don't mind, by keeping to 10 syns most of the week. I find myself going "oh well, I've got 5 more I can have" which is good for an emergency chocolate fix but I have started to make it a habit of having 15 a day.

Right! Day 1 :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought it was 6 weeks (42 days) to break a habbit, rather than 30 days?
Either way, good luck!

xxx

Back