300 calories per day

lilhippy007

hi,

im doing my own version on a VLCD because here in spain there isnt LL or CD or anything like that. I ham having a generic shake three times a day made with water not milk. ive worked out that im am on about 300 calories per day. is this too low?

i am bored stiff, having problems drinking enough water and really want a change but in 2 weeks i have lost 10 lbs and i am terrified of putting the weight back on again.

i am an overeater and my main reason to do this VLCD(which i have chosen to do for 4 wks) was to reduce my hunger so that when i begin eating again my stomach will have shrunk somewhat and i will be fuller quicker. i intend to reevaluate my eating habits and cook all my own food each week. i have been anorexic in the past, but now i have gone full circle. im trying to change my attitude towards food but it is proving harder that id thought.

please help me. may i drink anything else?

Hi

Speaking not as a person qualified in nutrition in any way, so simply my opinion as a serial dieter.......think you should up things a bit, 300 cals is too low, 500 - 750 cals is usual for VLCD's but of course ALL of those cals must be giving you EVERYTHING your body needs so you must be careful that the shakes you're having are a complete meal replacement and can be used to replace all your food. Most plans work when a small healthy meal is eaten daily too. You need to be careful, don't want you losing your lean muscle tissue and building up your fat cells, which is what I understand happens if you intake too few cals or/and wrongly/insufficiently balanced.

Be careful when you do start to eat that you begin by introducing small amounts of protein and green veg/salad leaves or you will re-gain the weight & fast....I know cos I've done it! It's so important to stabilise.

I understand how difficult it is for you as you live in Spain but really the bottom line is that professional advice and guidance is needed. After all CD and LL have spent years and big money in developing these plans to be safe and successful so I guess they know what they're doing and I would assume that it would be hard to do a DIY version.

Good luck, and keep us posted:)

This is quite worrying .........

firstly if you suffer from anorexia or bulimia you really shouldn't be doing a VLCD and CD or LL would not allow you to.

When you say generic - what is in your shake??? where do you get it from??? should it be made with milk rather than water???

Have you been to see a Doctor regarding this diet??? It really is VERY low in calories.

My understanding is that VLCD is anything sub 1000 calories, but I think you are dangerously low with 300. CD and LL have you at round about 550, so you are only just over half that which is absolutely crazy.

Also, you need to remember that the CD and LL packs are specially formulated to give your body all the vitamins and minerals that it needs to function properly whilst on the VLCD - I would assume that your "generic" shake does not.

You need to be very careful with what you are doing because you can make yourself seriously ill.

Back