30day shred...

Level 2... def nice, i remember it kicked my butt the last 2 times id did shred... this time it was a breeze. can def tell the difference when you exercise at a lower weight. People who say "all fat people need to do is just exercise..." yeah, well when you have to move around even 1/3 more of your body weight, much less twice as much, the task is daunting!! I've done exercise even at 385 pounds, my highest... it wasn't easy that's all i can say!! very off-putting even.

OK, so went to see True Grit last night so this am decided to have a sleep in... not to be with a 2 1/2 y.o. so am bone tired, but forced myself on for today's session... need this to become a real habit as I am convinced calorie counting AND exercise are the only way to keep the weight off. old school maybe, but def works

Hi enlightenme
I'm starting the 30 day shred wednesday evening, are you on SS? Do you think it will be ok to do it on this plan?

Yes I'm on SS right now, will be moving up plans soon, but did the 30 day shred this fall on ss (4 packs for me) no prob... somedays I was hungrier, then I fell off the wagon because of the hols, but didn't gain and i credit the exercise for upping my metabolism.. as i fell off the wagon at exactly the same time last year (just CANNOT resist 2 weeks with all that food and kids at home) and had gained 20 lbs!!:eek::eek::eek:

Ok that's good I should be ok then. What have your losses ( weight and inch wise ) been, if you don't mind me asking?

Ok that's good I should be ok then. What have your losses ( weight and inch wise ) been, if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I lost 16 pounds in 21 days, which is REALLY good considering I'm close to goal! Lost loads of inches too (can feel it in my jeans - constantly putting them in dryer to shrink whereas i used to airdry them before :D). It's just i really need this last bit to be about firming up as losing crazy amounts of weight does crazy stuff to your body, and gillian will def tighten and tone. Once I'm done with 30 day shred, I'm moving on to her "banish fat - boost your metabolism" dvd - it's Kick-*ss which, at this point is what i need!

WOW!!!!
Well done :-D That's amazing for 3 weeks!! I have just ordered mine from Play.com
I can't wait for it to get here, I'm excited and scared - I know it's not going to be easy, but then nothing ever worth doing, is easy! Hope it's here by Friday :)

Get yourself a good set of handweights too. She doesnt say how much, i know the ladies around here use 1 & 2 lbs, basically you need to be feeling it, I use 5 and 8, but I'm a long time weight-user, and have large muscles (don't we all :rolleyes:)

I think mine are 2 1/2 pounds, I'll have a double check in a bit. Thanks for the tip :)

Can't belive I've got 3 more days until level 3!! let me tell you my sleep's been halved lately with no tiredness, i wonder if CD and Jillian mix well.. i'm not tired so no complaints, but it just feels weird to me to go on 5 hours of sleep when i usually need min of 8 - more like 9!

How's the shred going?

You're looking good there!! I am doing GREAT with the shred, I do have some morning where my brain with "old habits" tells the brain with "new habits" not to get up, to skip a day - that it won't be a big deal, but it IS a big deal as I committed myself to 30 days of shred.

How are you doing, are you gonna start the dvd again? how do you feel?

That's me at goal previously. Got 17lbs to get there again. I've decided when I move up to 810 I'm going to give the DVD another go, so should be back on it in 3 weeks or so.

Glad to hear your going well with the shred, you must feel amazing now x

Feel great indeed, up to Level 3 this am, and up the plan to 810!! had a planned break this weekend, so actually 810 won't feel so strict and drastic. Hope I can stick to it though!! def have to admit ONCE again, that I have a food control prob! I just go crazy once I'm around food and "allowed" to eat.

I've got the DVD but I think I'm too big still to do it! Tried it for 2 days and my back was killing me so much so it's brought on my sciatica! But I'm going to try it again once this flare up has gone x

I've got the DVD but I think I'm too big still to do it! Tried it for 2 days and my back was killing me so much so it's brought on my sciatica! But I'm going to try it again once this flare up has gone x

Do the best you can, little by little.. I know some people who stuck to level one for 30 days.. they still saw massive changes ;)
The important thing is not to stop, do it at your level, even without weights.

Woohoo Level 3 KILLED me this morning, but it's so feasible, I really think i'll keep this 20 minutes regimen for when i don't have too much time on my hands...

Hi guys,
My shred FINALLY arrived this afternoon ;-)
I ran straight upstairs to my room too get started....
It has killed me!! I couldn't even walk down my stairs :-D
But it's all good - No pain no gain and all that!!
So 1/30 done for me. Bring on tomorrow ;-)

Hi kels are u doing ss or ss+? x

Hi Debbie
I'm doing SS at the moment, going up too 810 on Saturday if my BMI is 25 x

Back