30lbs by October... Should be doable

mari78

Banned
The newbie guide suggested starting a diary thread, so here I am, trying it out.

Well, I've been reading a bit about height and ideal weight. Since I'm 5'1", I should ideally weigh 130lbs. Right now, I'm around 160lbs, and I want to get rid of the extra 30lbs by October. I have no special reason for picking October. I just thought it's the date that sounds doable for me.

I've tried losing weight before, but it's hard to get motivated. Maybe it would be different this time around.

I'm pretty new to the site but its been really good so far and everyone has been lovely and supportive. 30lbs by October is achievable. Are you following a diet plan? Or are you going to cut down and increase exercise? Best of luck though and you can do it :D

I bought myself a new pair of running shoes last Friday and went running Saturday morning. This is the first time I've done any running in the last five years and I felt proud of myself for managing a couple of miles. I also got to play badminton with my brothers after the run.

However, when I got home, I suddenly felt like I was getting the flu. I felt pain in my joints, my back hurt, I had headaches and was feverish. I suppose that's normal; sleeping it off and drinking a lot of water seem to help.

Well, I didn't come down with the flu. Instead, it was coughing and headaches. Everyone I talked to about this said it was normal; it was my body reacting to the new level of activity I am exposing it to after being sedentary for months.

I decided to take it easy - work from home and nap when I can. But even if I didn't get to do any workout today, I still managed to keep my calorie intake well within the 1200 mark. Hopefully, with cough drops and by drinking lots of tea mixed with a generous dose of lemon, I'll feel better tomorrow.

Seems like the coughing and the headaches got worse, and I'm now running a fever. How annoying, just when I have done something healthy for myself. The upside to this, though, is I don't have any appetite so I won't be eating for comfort. I've been drinking a lot of water and tea with lemon since early this morning; that's mostly what I've consumed today so far. I want to work out and I really hope I'd be well enough to do it soon.

It's not been a fun week so far. Getting sick right after I start doing something healthy for myself feels discouraging. But even though I'm sick, I still managed to keep to my daily calorie target. Today, though, I feel so hungry and am craving for sweets. The head cold has made everything I eat taste bitter and thus the sweet craving. I'm trying to control it by drinking lots of water, but it won't go away.

Back