30st 5lb Start Weight

I tried that, just out of curiosity, but as I was unwilling to follow his golden rules of eating, it didn't have any effect on me, lol. But I have read quite a few success stories on here relating to it. :) xx

How come you weren't willing? I know he says to stop eating when you are full. I've got my next app session tomorrow morning. It's worth a shot isn't it :) xx

hershey said:
How come you weren't willing? I know he says to stop eating when you are full. I've got my next app session tomorrow morning. It's worth a shot isn't it :) xx

From memory, doesn't he say to eat at a table away from distractions etc.? For starters, that was me out, lol, as I eat every meal in front of the telly (except at work where I read the internet whilst eating). I don't want to stop when I'm full, I just eat what I've got in front of me, because I know that's the calories I've allocated and don't want to be hungry later on. I don't only eat when, I'm hungry, I tend to eat to a schedule, and also will eat just because I feel like it sometimes. I can't remember what else, but it was never going to work for me, and I accept that was totally down to me. I'm afraid I plough my own furrow when it comes to weight loss, lol. :D xx

From memory, doesn't he say to eat at a table away from distractions etc.? For starters, that was me out, lol, as I eat every meal in front of the telly (except at work where I read the internet whilst eating). I don't want to stop when I'm full, I just eat what I've got in front of me, because I know that's the calories I've allocated and don't want to be hungry later on. I don't only eat when, I'm hungry, I tend to eat to a schedule, and also will eat just because I feel like it sometimes. I can't remember what else, but it was never going to work for me, and I accept that was totally down to me. I'm afraid I plough my own furrow when it comes to weight loss, lol. :D xx

I see your point and you have done amazingly :)
I'm willing to try everything! I haven't got to the bit about rules yet, that's probably tomorrow.

I will say this though, as I got up late I had a late breakfast and I had one piece of toast from my homemade bread and then couldn't eat anymore!! And now I'm not hungry at all! Weird! Xx

You've just described my eating habits Tracy! I downloaded it but not sure I can follow it. Think the main 4 principles are:

- eat what you want not what you think you should it
- eat when you're hungry
- enjoy every mouthful - savour it
- stop when you're full

I fall at the first hurdle. Yes I love fruity, creamy muesli, eggs and berries but I also want to eat fish and chip shop chips, cake and chocolate every day. Yes, every day!! I'm not going to lose weight doing that :-(

I reckon the hypnotic gastric band is better than the real thing! At least you don't get the physical side effects! Grrrrr wish I could go back and change having it done. Hope app helps you hun. Slim pods are good too I'm getting back on those :) x

I see your point and you have done amazingly :) I'm willing to try everything! I haven't got to the bit about rules yet, that's probably tomorrow. I will say this though, as I got up late I had a late breakfast and I had one piece of toast from my homemade bread and then couldn't eat anymore!! And now I'm not hungry at all! Weird! Xx

Awesome!! Well done! Paul M worked amazingly for my friend - she lost 5stone in 6 months just from that. Really hope it works for you lovely :)

Blondcat said:
You've just described my eating habits Tracy! I downloaded it but not sure I can follow it. Think the main 4 principles are:

- eat what you want not what you think you should it
- eat when you're hungry
- enjoy every mouthful - savour it
- stop when you're full

I fall at the first hurdle. Yes I love fruity, creamy muesli, eggs and berries but I also want to eat fish and chip shop chips, cake and chocolate every day. Yes, every day!! I'm not going to lose weight doing that :-(

Lol, me too - I just have to have chocolate every day. I build it into my calories, so it's at the expense of something healthier, I know, but it's what's made it sustainable for me over the last three years! :) xx

Well then, today I've had about 1000 calories, that's a generous guess too!

For breakfast I had one piece of my bread toasted and couldn't have any more.

Then got Lunch I had a mug shot noodle thing and some hula hoops.

Then at tea time I was mildly aware of hunger but not starving and sat down to a jacket potato and salad with a sprinkling of cheese and ham and I couldn't finish it!!! I felt so full and each time I thought about eating more All I could think about was a time when I was so full I felt sick , and that's from the Paul McKenna app. So I stopped eating and had a 15 minute respite and managed somehow to fit in a thin sliver of lemon meringue cheese cake but boy does my tummy feel full.

Wow!!!!

I'm not sure it's meant to work this quickly but I really cannot eat any more. At all. I have a cup of tea to have now but I don't know if I can even get that down!!

If I keep going like this I'm definitely going to lose 2 stone by my bday in feb!!!

Well then, today I've had about 1000 calories, that's a generous guess too! For breakfast I had one piece of my bread toasted and couldn't have any more. Then got Lunch I had a mug shot noodle thing and some hula hoops. Then at tea time I was mildly aware of hunger but not starving and sat down to a jacket potato and salad with a sprinkling of cheese and ham and I couldn't finish it!!! I felt so full and each time I thought about eating more All I could think about was a time when I was so full I felt sick , and that's from the Paul McKenna app. So I stopped eating and had a 15 minute respite and managed somehow to fit in a thin sliver of lemon meringue cheese cake but boy does my tummy feel full. Wow!!!! I'm not sure it's meant to work this quickly but I really cannot eat any more. At all. I have a cup of tea to have now but I don't know if I can even get that down!! If I keep going like this I'm definitely going to lose 2 stone by my bday in feb!!!

It worked that quickly for my friend Hershey. Literally the first time she listened to it. I eat way more than her now! I'm actually thinking of downloading it!

And Paul Mk is right that a lot of naturally thin people eat whatever they like, they just never overeat. Portion control is something outside of my understanding.

I'm delighted this seems to be working for you (although I'm now dreaming of lemon meringue cheesecake !!)

Wow that's brilliant going Hershey!

Keep the greens up, won't you, for all the lovely vits and minerals that should be, but sadly aren't, in hula hoops :D

It worked that quickly for my friend Hershey. Literally the first time she listened to it. I eat way more than her now! I'm actually thinking of downloading it! And Paul Mk is right that a lot of naturally thin people eat whatever they like, they just never overeat. Portion control is something outside of my understanding. I'm delighted this seems to be working for you (although I'm now dreaming of lemon meringue cheesecake !!)

Haha :) it was nice lol :)

I'm not going mad then, it must be working straight away!! Yay! X

Wow that's brilliant going Hershey! Keep the greens up, won't you, for all the lovely vits and minerals that should be, but sadly aren't, in hula hoops :D
Lol at hula hoops!! I know they aren't ideal but crisps are my down fall, and I'm actually weird about fruit and veg but I'm trying. At tea time 99% of the time I'll have salad or veg with it but lunches I struggle with. I want to eat fresh fruit and veg more often but at the moment I don't think I'm ready to conquer that hurdle. I'm a very very picky eater, I have food phobias, I haven't eaten poultry or eggs for years and fruit's texture makes me gag :( I do like all the greens but I don't like stuff like squash and courgette and peppers etc, the texture gets me :/

I have food phobias, I haven't eaten poultry or eggs for years and fruit's texture makes me gag :( I do like all the greens but I don't like stuff like squash and courgette and peppers etc, the texture gets me :/

Oh you poor love, that must make things tough (she says, stating the obvious...)! I completely get you on the texture thing, I'm allergic to all shellfish and most fish, and it really doesn't help when someone waves a stinky prawn or revoltingly chewy oyster under my nose and say they don't understand how I can't love them (while I head straight off to do some of this!!! :9529::sick0019:

Oh you poor love, that must make things tough (she says, stating the obvious...)! I completely get you on the texture thing, I'm allergic to all shellfish and most fish, and it really doesn't help when someone waves a stinky prawn or revoltingly chewy oyster under my nose and say they don't understand how I can't love them (while I head straight off to do some of this!!! :9529::sick0019:

Yep I can't eat fish either, it's the texture and taste. Ack!

So I'm left with certain veges, pork and beef and brown pasta, brown rice and brown bread! It's lucky I'm a competent cook or I'd starve! X

I'm not quite in bed, im on it after my shower but I though I'd recap my day as usual :)

It's been great :) I feel so much more positive and I'm not hungry and I've even managed to do something's round the house more than I have been lately.
I think it's a combination of the anti depressants and the positive outlook on the weight loss front that's making me feel so happy! I haven't felt like this for a LOOOONG time.

I'm still not able to leave the house but 4th feb is my day! Look out world, I'm coming to get you :D

I'm so excited for Friday WI, I can't wait to see what I've lost.

It feels so different this time. I love coming on here and seeing how everyone's day has been and reading other's opinions on stuff and ideas etc.

I did my food in a post above so won't do it again. I was going to do jacket pots from scratch but this week I bought them new frozen ones from tesco to try out for lunches when I'm
Home alone as they only take 5 mins in the mic but my son was STARVING (he wasn't, just impatient) so instead of baking raw potatoes I made the frozen ones and they weren't terrible and they weren't wonderful. I can see how it's handy for busy people Etc and I might get some in for my next totm when I'm totally flaming useless and bed bound for 5 days and joe has to cook! I get in things like pizzas, oven chips, beans, pasta bake, sausages... Because the only things he can cook well are roast dinners and mashed potato. And as much as I love those 2 things, having it Everyday is a bit much!!
I have taught him how to make basic sauces like cheese or parsley, a good curry base or Italian sauces so occasionally I'll get a meal from scratch but mostly it's cupboard or freezer food and one roast dinner :D

I love the bones of him but bless him when I first met him and he tried making Spag bol he chopped the garlic and left the papery skin on and cooked it!

In his defence though he does work very very hard as lead climber for a tree surgery company and after a day up a tree in the rain I'm
Sure it's not nice coming home to me crying and bleeding everywhere laying in bed in a menstrual heap :D :D x

I went off on one then, anyway, jan 4th: GREAT DAY :)

Fab day hun :) awesome x

Woohoo here's to jumping for joy at the good days, they need celebrating :D

I'm feeling that way today too, I feel content and excited about what's coming - :wee:

Back