30st 5lb Start Weight

Do you know what struck me Lou as I read this thread?

it was :"wow! She seems like a really lovely person!"

im so proud of you for reaching out for support!

you've got what it takes to turn things around. I can see that in your posts.

Thank you! That's kind of you to say :)
I'm kinda of a b*tch too but I'm glad the nice side is showing!! It must be because I'm feeling so positive about it all. I'm boring my poor hubby senseless talking about diets, he says he's glad I'm in the zone and he's not bored but he's a man, he doesn't wanna listen to talk about calories !

Today is over now I'm in bed so day 3 - SUCCESS :) :)

We are running low on food but I'm taking the challenge in my stride. I have 2 bags of half Used quorn mince left in the freezer and a bit of cheese so using cupboard stuff (passata, herbs, garlic - but no onions) I'm going to make a lasagne and have it with some long forgotten potato wedges I found in the freezer.
For lunch in prob going to use the left over pork from yesterday and have that with cous cous that was hiding at the back of the cupboard.

It's good in 3 ways. 1. I'm making the effort to think of meals instead of ordering Chinese. 2. It's saving us money and 3. We are actually eating really well and my hubby said he feels healthier :)

As our other freezer is in the outhouse and I refuse to go in there for spiderous reasons, I don't know what we have in that freezer. But Joe (husb) found a huge pork joint (I don't eat poultry - long story) so I've got that out to defrost and I'm going to cook that on Saturday morning and that will go well in a jambalaya for tea :) then leftovers for Sunday din dins.

My life is very food focussed at the moment but I feel so much in control if I plan meals in advance.

Anyway, I'm going to try to sleep, if my excited mind will let me :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I've just found these pics from when I lost the 50lbs.... These are my new motivation

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1418960103.722233.jpg

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1418960124.050283.jpg

I am now my own inspiration

I've just found these pics from when I lost the 50lbs.... These are my new motivation

View attachment 161242

View attachment 161243

I am now my own inspiration

You can really see the difference there, definitely great motivation! I remember you putting a little video of yourself on here a while back, probably around that time, and it was really nice because it was the first (and only) time I'd heard anyone's voice on here. :)

Have you got a plan for tackling Christmas food? :) xx

Hello love!!! Nice to see you back. I feel your pain as I have gone up too, see to be stuck just under 25st again :( but it is so Inspiring to hear you so positive .

I have a very long term plan to lose half my weight over the next 18 months so I am not going crazy with big targets. If I lose more great I will be in it for the long haul with you love! I really do t want to look like the vicar of dibley (even though she is awesome) I wasn't people to see me!

I'm not sure how well I will do prior to xmas but bring on January and I am going to go for it.

I am sick of my size and aching all day. This has got to go, so let's do this chick :) xx

Aw hun you are doing so well and you can do this hun.

jambalaya sounds good might have to look up some slimming world recepies

you can defiantly notice the difference in your photos hun.

xxx

You can really see the difference there, definitely great motivation! I remember you putting a little video of yourself on here a while back, probably around that time, and it was really nice because it was the first (and only) time I'd heard anyone's voice on here. :) Have you got a plan for tackling Christmas food? :) xx

Ha ha I'd forgotten about the video!! Will have to see if I can find it on the old thread!

Christmas Day plans are to have bacon sarnie or something a bit extra filling to last me til the afternoon and then dinner will be the dinner and I'm not scrimping on that. I have enough cals in my allowance on mfp to allow for a slap up Christmas dinner which to be honest is mostly veg anyway. I have done or bought A cake but I didn't get a xmas pud and will have that with ice cream or cream. Got some Buck's Fizz for the meal but I won't be drinking much else and then tea will be left overs with cheeses and chutneys etc.

It'll be a normal day pretty much but with. Big roast dinner in the middle of it :) after 10 days of eating strictly it'll be most welcome!

What are your plans for the day? X

Hello love!!! Nice to see you back. I feel your pain as I have gone up too, see to be stuck just under 25st again :( but it is so Inspiring to hear you so positive . I have a very long term plan to lose half my weight over the next 18 months so I am not going crazy with big targets. If I lose more great I will be in it for the long haul with you love! I really do t want to look like the vicar of dibley (even though she is awesome) I wasn't people to see me! I'm not sure how well I will do prior to xmas but bring on January and I am going to go for it. I am sick of my size and aching all day. This has got to go, so let's do this chick :) xx

Yay hi Jayde :) good plan re the smaller targets, at least you know you can hit them.
I'm silly starting before xmas but I know if I can lose weight by the new year and over the festive period then I can do it anytime.

You enjoy your xmas and i'll be here ready to egg you on in jan :)
It's nice to have familiar faces to do this with, I appreciate all of your support, new faces and old.

Let's make 2015 OURS :) x

Aw hun you are doing so well and you can do this hun. jambalaya sounds good might have to look up some slimming world recepies you can defiantly notice the difference in your photos hun. xxx

I love jambalaya it's so easy to make as long as you have a good non stick pan. And it's very similar to biryani so you could interchange ingredients. I love rice so it's ideal for me :)

Finding them photos proves to myself that I can do it and I will do it again :) xx

You totally can do it I'm trying to be normal prior to xmas and plan to have what I want xmas day and new years eve/day but be normal the rest of the time. It's only a day for goodness sake and it's not about food anyway! The shops are manic out there with people cramming in so much stuff that they can't possibly eat, it is totally daft! So I've got a few nice things we really fancies like baileys, houmous and crisps and smoked salmon and one box chocs which won't be opened until xmas day. Mum will no doubt bring some nibbles but I'm going to be as good as poss without feeling deprived :)

You can definitely lose by xmas and I hope you get your target :) you are off to a fab start by the sound of it xx

That's a great plan jayde. I'm doing the same as you, New Year's Eve we may treat ourselves to a Chinese but i hardly drink so won't be adding to the intake of calories.

Once I get to xmas day I will see how much I've lost then set myself another little target for New Year's Eve and aim for that. At least it will keep me on the straight and narrow rather than a week of Pringles and chocolate!!

I'm so excited about losing again!! I couldn't sleep last night and was still awake this morning when my son and hubby left for school and work! Everytime in lay down in bed my mind races with planning and food ideas and how I'll look and how I'll feel. It's good to be obsessed but very bad if I'm not sleeping :(
I managed to get a few hours this morning but I'm so tired.

I was going to do lasagne for tea but now I'm going to make the pork and cous cous as I haven't had that for my lunch. I've only had 2 pieces of toast today. Tonight I'm going to try writing down all my thoughts before bed and hope I can actually get some sleep. Xx

Sounds like a plan :) sleep is essential for health and weight loss! I can't decide whether to stick with mfp or do something more formal after new year. I do like mfp but I'm never sure about what my loss will be like it's not as consistent as with other plans but with college I'm not sure I can do something like sw as it's not flexible enough.

Sounds like a plan :) sleep is essential for health and weight loss! I can't decide whether to stick with mfp or do something more formal after new year. I do like mfp but I'm never sure about what my loss will be like it's not as consistent as with other plans but with college I'm not sure I can do something like sw as it's not flexible enough.

I find mfp fab as you know what cals and if you set yourself a limit it does give results.
I'm 5 stone heavier than you and I'm having up to 1600 a day and if I have 4 pints of water a day and dont eat after tea then I get really good losses. Xx

If I ever get fed up with slimming world-cant see that happening while its working! But I am going to go on MFP and log my cals you girls are doing fab lets make 2015 OUR YEAR xxxx

hershey said:
Ha ha I'd forgotten about the video!! Will have to see if I can find it on the old thread!

Christmas Day plans are to have bacon sarnie or something a bit extra filling to last me til the afternoon and then dinner will be the dinner and I'm not scrimping on that. I have enough cals in my allowance on mfp to allow for a slap up Christmas dinner which to be honest is mostly veg anyway. I have done or bought A cake but I didn't get a xmas pud and will have that with ice cream or cream. Got some Buck's Fizz for the meal but I won't be drinking much else and then tea will be left overs with cheeses and chutneys etc.

It'll be a normal day pretty much but with. Big roast dinner in the middle of it :) after 10 days of eating strictly it'll be most welcome!

What are your plans for the day? X

I'm not sure what we'll do on Christmas Day, to be honest. I won't be cooking this year, as I can only stand for a few minutes, so we'll just have something easy to do, like pizza. But I won't restrict my eating, lol. We're having a Christmas dinner tomorrow at my sister's, then a family buffet on Christmas Eve - lots of calories!! I usually have 3 or 4 days off plan over Christmas, then get straight back on it around the 27th - it's worked so far, fingers crossed! :) xx

I've just added a boost to my efforts and set up a sponsorship page to raise money for cat charities while I lose weight :) Me and a friend (met her on here, we only know each other online) have pledged to give £10 per stone we lose towards the charities. The link is here if anyone would care to give :)

Don't feel obliged of course, me and Jen will hopefully raise at least £200 with our losses.
If anyone wants to join in and choose a charity then let me know and I can add you :) x

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/u...JenLoseForKitties&isTeam=true&un_jtt_redirect

Last edited:
I'm not sure what we'll do on Christmas Day, to be honest. I won't be cooking this year, as I can only stand for a few minutes, so we'll just have something easy to do, like pizza. But I won't restrict my eating, lol. We're having a Christmas dinner tomorrow at my sister's, then a family buffet on Christmas Eve - lots of calories!! I usually have 3 or 4 days off plan over Christmas, then get straight back on it around the 27th - it's worked so far, fingers crossed! :) xx

I feel sad that you will only have pizza on xmas day but glad you are having a dinner with your sister tomorrow and the buffet :)

I hope your knee doesn't cause you pain for too long xx

Day 4 is over but I'm not going to bed yet. Going to watch a film with joe as my son is away for the night.

Today's food:

At 4am I had some toast as I was so hungry!!

Then I went back to bed at about 8:30am and woke at 2pm!!

Then I had my breakfast of toast and tea.

And for tea I had the pork with cous cous and salad

And then I had some crisps and an options hot choc

I'm hoping that by eating a bit later I won't be hungry in the night.

So day 4: SUCCESS :)

Oh look it's 3 am and I'm awake :/

Watched the film then decided I'd have a shower and hope that would make me feel more comfortable for bed. Hmmm we shall see.

I'm so excited about losing weight and now making it extra special by doing it for charity :)

I have 4 cats and so wish I could have more but they get very upset if another cat wanders in so I don't want to stress them. If I could have my way I would take on all cats that people don't want etc but I can't so raising money for places that can is the next best thing :)

Even if no one donates me and Jen are going to so if we ever get to target it's going to be about £260.
It definitely Spurs me on already knowing that each stone I lose is £10 for the charities.

Soooooo happy that I'm here and I'm doing this and I can only hope this feeling lasts xxx

Hun you are certainly on a roll! Just don't burn out! Slow and steady wins the race :) you must be getting exhausted. I have to say though it's great to read so wine so up for it, there is not loads of that on here at the moment and it's good. It gives it a buzzing feel like it used to have so I hope this encourages people to get on a post and encourage each other.

You have inspired me to think about getting sponsored for losing weight, I am scared of failure though! How ridiculous! ! But maybe it would help me keep on track? ? How are you getting word out so people know you are doing it and and you telling them your weight? I might die if I have to do that! But you have certainly given me something to think about! Xx

Hun you are certainly on a roll! Just don't burn out! Slow and steady wins the race :) you must be getting exhausted. I have to say though it's great to read so wine so up for it, there is not loads of that on here at the moment and it's good. It gives it a buzzing feel like it used to have so I hope this encourages people to get on a post and encourage each other. You have inspired me to think about getting sponsored for losing weight, I am scared of failure though! How ridiculous! ! But maybe it would help me keep on track? ? How are you getting word out so people know you are doing it and and you telling them your weight? I might die if I have to do that! But you have certainly given me something to think about! Xx

I'm so glad I'm inspiring you :)

I'm not telling anyone my weight, only on here. That's bad enough :/
I've just said I'll donate money for each stone I lose, eventually people will work out how much I've lost but by then I won't care as I will have lost it :)

If you want to jump on our sponsorship let me know! I can add your name and your chosen charity and then if you want you can pledge to donate whatever you want per stone and share on FB the link and just say you are doing it for a good cause. I've shared on Twitter too and contacted the charities to let them know so they may share it too. My pic isn't on there or my weight, just that I'm losing weight :) x

Back