30st 5lb Start Weight

Quite a high cal day today. Still not over my MFP amount so I'm all good :) Today's food: Toast and marmite Blt and crisps That yummy pork and salad Some crisp bread with houmous I hope to go for a walk on the beach tomorrow. Borrow the dog again :) x

My god I was so far over on MFP yesterday I didn't even bother entering it :-(

LOL poor Robert! :D

That jerk looks amazing - have you got time to pop in the recipe hun?

And enjoy your walk, it's blowy out there! :)

My god I was so far over on MFP yesterday I didn't even bother entering it :-(

Oh dear :/ why do weekends do this to us?! X

How was your day Hershey?

I'm a bit lost diet wise. Just weighed and am up 4lb. I did drink ALOT of water yesterday so it could be that.

Weighing Mondays now so it'll force me to have good weekends. I've done so well in January, I don't want it to fall apart.

Will keep drinking the water and keep to the plan x

I'm sure it will even out hun, weight goes up and down so much. So long as over a month it's gone down I reckon you are on track :) x

That is so strange! based on the food you've posted on here you deserved a lovely loss. I know you're not that active in terms of lots of steps a day or exercise but regardless, you have been eating so well.

You sound really upbeat which is great so hopefully this will correct itself over time. Having said that, I actually weigh 4-5lbs heavier on a Monday than any other day as I definitely eat more on the weekends and clearly have lots of bloating / water retention. So maybe there is some of that.

Stay strong lovely

I'm sure it will even itself out too. It's disappointing when you step on the scales and it happens tho, Just don't let it discourage you as you're doing so well.

I think the problem is that I'm not actually eating enough! I'm going to stick to around 1700-1800 cals a day and see how I get on x

That sounds like a very good idea. I think Tracy is a big advocate of sticking much closer to your actual BMR for slow and steady weightloss.

Some days in the last 2 weeks you've practically done a fast! Your body must have been freaking out I think :)

That sounds like a very good idea. I think Tracy is a big advocate of sticking much closer to your actual BMR for slow and steady weightloss. Some days in the last 2 weeks you've practically done a fast! Your body must have been freaking out I think :)

Oh definitely, you shouldn't eat below your BMR! That's what I've done all along. Unfortunately my BMR is now only about 1,350, from a starting point of over 2,000, so I can only eat around 1,400 in maintenance, lol. :) xx

When I lost in the past it was on around 1700-1800 and I felt in control and free to have a bit of what I fancy on treat days etc. Much better than 1200 although I could survive on that.

Tonight's tea was this:

image-2436594995.jpg

It was yum! And I had 2 yogs for pud. A coconut one and a lemon and lime.

I think this sounds like a really good approach, up the cals to lose - both Stackie and Tracy are strong advocates of that and it works, so I'm sure you'll see a fab result next Monday!

My bmr is 2655 !! Isn't that the amount I need to eat to stay as I am now?

Your BMR is your base metabolic rate which is basically the amount of calories you burn just staying alive. Think of it of you laid down all day long and didn't move at all - based on your current size that's what you'd burn. But most people don't stay absolutely paralysed all day, every time you move you burn calories. So if the average person burns a further say 500 from x number of steps walked, household chores, general running around you would lose 1lb a week (7 days * 500 calories).

I think that is the theory anyway!! It's so easy to get bogged down with it all. I have banned myself from MFP because I've just become obsessed with it!!

Your BMR is your base metabolic rate which is basically the amount of calories you burn just staying alive. Think of it of you laid down all day long and didn't move at all - based on your current size that's what you'd burn. But most people don't stay absolutely paralysed all day, every time you move you burn calories. So if the average person burns a further say 500 from x number of steps walked, household chores, general running around you would lose 1lb a week (7 days * 500 calories). I think that is the theory anyway!! It's so easy to get bogged down with it all. I have banned myself from MFP because I've just become obsessed with it!!

I pretty much do lay down all day at the moment! So if I eat around a 1000 less than that a day (approx 1600 cals) I'd lose 2lb a week.

I can do that :) x

I wouldn't go as low as 1,600 yet, Lou, it's too low for you. If you go on Google and find a TDEE calculator, it's that figure you need to be creating the deficit against, not your BMR. :) xx

I wouldn't go as low as 1,600 yet, Lou, it's too low for you. If you go on Google and find a TDEE calculator, it's that figure you need to be creating the deficit against, not your BMR. :) xx

I just checked, and your TDEE is 3,170, so if you eat 2,170 a day that gives you your deficit. Then as you lose just recalculate that figure and adjust accordingly. :) xx

Back