30st 5lb Start Weight

I have hot cross bun envy Hershey - one of my all time faves. I had 4 in 10 mins that other weekend I went on a massive sugar binge. I'm on day 4 no sugar so none for me for a while *rolls eyes*. Did dunc go on Tuesday? And welcome broadsbean x

4! I had 2 this morning and was stuffed! You must have a spare room in your tummy :p

Well done for the no sugar thing! Eventually the cravings will pass, I learned this when I did harcombe diet for a week.

Dunc did go on tues and after much moaning and huffing he actually enjoyed it!! And he went tonight and was excited and came home and said to me very matter of fact "I'm enjoying it"
I'm not used to this!! He really likes it :)

He's joined the royal marine cadets, it's very structured so im surprised he does like it but I'm happy he does!

And all this week we've been eating good food and he's had no crisps in his lunch box, just healthy options. I've come up with some great fillings for wraps that include salad that he usually complains about but he's been eating them!

I weighed him yesterday and he's already lost 2.6lb since Wednesday!!

He does weigh 13 stone which is a lot for his age but he is tall too, about 5ft 8 (he's 13) so he carries it well but he could stand to lose a stone or 2 to be fitter and healthier.

In a way, I'm glad we had the pop tart incident as in a week he seems to have turned his life around :)
It's inspiring me to keep going too!

My totm is looming , tomorrow or sat but I'm
Going to weigh as usual and hope for a loss despite it. Wanna get my losses back on track! X

I'm delighted that he enjoyed Tuesday night! It's so important for kids to have something like that to do. So much better than the computer. Yes he is a little heavy, but nothing too out of control. It sounds like finding his stash of pop tarts and talking about it came just at the right time, and clearly the changes you made to the food have helped if he's lost some weight already! Good on him and good on you because you had a difficult conversation, sounds like you didn't make a song and dance out of it and make him feel like crap and just made some little changes. End of. He's lucky to have a mum like you I think.

I'm not sure about my eating you know - I mean I can eat 4 hot cross buns and not even feel remotely full. And honestly my portion sizes when I'm having a "treat meal" are bigger than anyone I know. I think I must just have a really stretchy stomach!

I've got no sugar cravings any more, when I gave it up in January took about a week for them to stop and I lasted 21 days. This time on day 2 they had already subsided. I feel so much more in control when I'm not eating any refined sugar. Cuts out such a large, calorific food group which adds no nutritional value whatsoever. At some point though I really am going to have to figure out how I can eat it in moderation. I'm thinking I just choose one sweet treat that I love and have it every day. That way my brain wont feel the need to panic and eat every sweet treat in sight worrying that there might not be any more. I'm thinking stop depriving myself of it then it wont be such a big deal. But I'm not going to try this experiment until I'm back to my pre christmas lightest weight.

What day is weigh in for you now ? I've got a two week weigh in next friday when I'm back from Hong Kong - dreading it because of how bad I was for 4 days this past weekend :-(

Dunc has always been a bigger than average boy, when he was a baby i breastfed for 15 months and the midwives were amazed at how well he was growing in the first few weeks and that I was only 18 as teen mums usually bottle feed, do they asked me to give a demo at the pre natal classes. I had to go in and sit in a room full of strangers and get my boob out to feed him lol!!! Shows how different I was then!

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about his weight, coz he is tall but I do think for his own well being he could lose a bit as I think he would maybe feel a bit more confident and if he's eating better it should make him feel better too. I am very proud of him that he's embraced cadets :)
I just want my weight to come off at least a little so I can get out walking with him again. We had loads of fun last summer trying out new routes and coastpaths and picnics on the cliffs :)

See pic:

image-2363749573.jpg

Dunc resting after 2 miles of steep cliff walking :D

I can't believe that was only May last year! There's no way I could walk that path now! Makes me determined to aim for that again as I really loved being out and exploring :)

My totm started this morning, bummer. Was hoping for tomorrow but anyway, can't change it now. Will try to resist eating all the chocolate in the world over the next 5 days!!! I wonder if nakd bars have the same affect. Prob not.

Cat - I think a listen to Paul mckenna could help you. It really helps you realise your Full point. It's very clever how he helps your visualise it. I haven't listened for a while but I still remember all he said and very rarely get hungry and I get full very quickly even without thinking about it.

Xx

Hi there,

i have been reading through your thread and I think you are doing amazing. You have such a great positive attitude that I hope will rub off on me lol. I went to my doctor who suggested that a gastric band might help me but I just couldn't do that, the risk of the surgery scares me plus. I know deep down I can do this. In 2011 I lost 7stone and even though I need to lose almost double that, I want to do it, you know.
Also, what u r doing for your son is honestly so admirable. I wish my mum had set me on a better path as an overweight teen but I think didn't want to offend or upset me. He will thank you for it and won't be long til ur out on long walks again xxx

Hi there, i have been reading through your thread and I think you are doing amazing. You have such a great positive attitude that I hope will rub off on me lol. I went to my doctor who suggested that a gastric band might help me but I just couldn't do that, the risk of the surgery scares me plus. I know deep down I can do this. In 2011 I lost 7stone and even though I need to lose almost double that, I want to do it, you know. Also, what u r doing for your son is honestly so admirable. I wish my mum had set me on a better path as an overweight teen but I think didn't want to offend or upset me. He will thank you for it and won't be long til ur out on long walks again xxx

Hi :) thank you for you post. 7 stone is AMAZING! Well done!

You can do this, it's a great group on here and we can all help each other along xx

The thought of hubby in a dress and lipstick has me rolling around the floor lol :8855:He wanted to lose a few st so he has joined, i do the majority of the cooking and meal planning he gets weighed:) win win.
The trend in the past has been for him to lose weight and then once he is happy he gets bored and old bad habits drift back. he is going for life membership and has promised me that when i am ready to join he will stay with me. This is my secret weapon this time :)
I am the type of person who needs to be helping someone and helping him helps me, the draw back is that i think i will take a poor week for him to be my fault, but for now it keeps me focused.

I understand your concerns for your son, i have 2 children, all grown up now and living away from home, i have always worried about their weight and have tried to instill good habits into them, my daughter has gained weight since leaving home and now has a problem and i am trying to get her to address it early. I am hoping that both her dad and I losing weight will inspire her :eek: My son is tall and was very active so could eat junk and get away with it, he recently went from a push bike to a motorbike and gained a couple of stones, but he appears to have his head on straight and is already addressing it of which i am quite proud. he calorie counts useing MFP also, and he is now useing his pushbike for leisure.

hope you have had a good day xx

I weighed and have lost 3.2lb :)

I had put on over my bday so this just about sets me even.

Now aiming for 2stone total by end of feb. 10 more lbs to go! X

I weighed and have lost 3.2lb :) I had put on over my bday so this just about sets me even. Now aiming for 2stone total by end of feb. 10 more lbs to go! X

Well done lovely - a great place to be xx

Well done hun you are doing great x

Hi Hershy. Just wanted to congratulate you on your success so far and wish you all the best in the future. I remembered you had posted on the PMKHGB thread and was gonna ask did you still listen to it but saw in a previous post you do occasionally. Do/did you follow the golden rules as well? I'm still trying to get my head around that, it's hard changing the habits of a lifetime lol. My biggest problem is having to eat in front of the tv. My kitchen is too small for table and chairs so I have gotten used to eating in front of tv in sitting room and thinking ooh what am I gonna watch while eating this? :crazy:

Hi :) thank you for you post. 7 stone is AMAZING! Well done!

You can do this, it's a great group on here and we can all help each other along xx

thanks, I was on a mission back then to get to a healthy weight whilst ttc due to pcos and did manage to have my wee miracle daughter. Would love another baby so think that will spur me on again. Plus I want to be fit at 30, maybe do something crazy like bungee jumping or something lol. Well done on your loss!! X

How are you trims? X

How are you trims? X

Hey Hun. I'm ok thanks, how are you? I've had a lot going on in my personal life so I'm afraid I haven't been as good as I could have been and I haven't been on here in what feels like ages! But I hope that's all behind me know and I'm back on track now.

Hood you're ok? Have I missed much? X

Hey Hun. I'm ok thanks, how are you? I've had a lot going on in my personal life so I'm afraid I haven't been as good as I could have been and I haven't been on here in what feels like ages! But I hope that's all behind me know and I'm back on track now. Hood you're ok? Have I missed much? X

Sorry to hear that trims, but sounds like onwards and upwards now?

I'm still in Hong Kong on biz, eating everything in sight ... Home sick now. Traveling back tomorrow night :)

Look at the size of this apple, so big you can't see my hand!!

image-492649144.jpg

Don't honestly think I'm going to weigh in on Friday, it's not going to do my mental state any good esp if I get back on it when I get home

We'll see!!

Hi all. I'm in totm hell but choosing wisely. We have no crisps or chocs in the house so last nights scoff sesh was baked square wraps ( they go hard like giant crackers) with houmous.

I'm so very proud of Duncan! He lost 3.6lbs in his first week :) im trying not to focus on the numbers with him as I don't want him to become obsessed by them, just want him to feel healthier. But it's a good number :) and it's crazy but I can't really see a difference already! He had on a tshirt that his tummy used to stretch out but it was hanging off him! I asked him to lift it up and his whole tummy and chest is so much less!! I don't know if he's had a growth spurt but it just seems like he's lost a lot more than 3.6lbs!

I think he's missing junk food but he is getting used to having the nakd bars and popcorn instead and even me and joe are enjoying them!

On val day me and joe treated ourselves to a tesco finest meal deal and I let dunc choose a takeaway meal from tesco too, he had chicken with cashews and egg fried rice. It was 700 cals but he had been out for a long walk with my sis that afternoon and at least we knew how many cals it was as opposed to an actual takeaway where it's just a guess and everything's fried!

Hi all. I'm in totm hell but choosing wisely. We have no crisps or chocs in the house so last nights scoff sesh was baked square wraps ( they go hard like giant crackers) with houmous. I'm so very proud of Duncan! He lost 3.6lbs in his first week :) im trying not to focus on the numbers with him as I don't want him to become obsessed by them, just want him to feel healthier. But it's a good number :) and it's crazy but I can't really see a difference already! He had on a tshirt that his tummy used to stretch out but it was hanging off him! I asked him to lift it up and his whole tummy and chest is so much less!! I don't know if he's had a growth spurt but it just seems like he's lost a lot more than 3.6lbs! I think he's missing junk food but he is getting used to having the nakd bars and popcorn instead and even me and joe are enjoying them! On val day me and joe treated ourselves to a tesco finest meal deal and I let dunc choose a takeaway meal from tesco too, he had chicken with cashews and egg fried rice. It was 700 cals but he had been out for a long walk with my sis that afternoon and at least we knew how many cals it was as opposed to an actual takeaway where it's just a guess and everything's fried!

Go dunc!! What a star. And you're right, Chinese takeaway would be way more than 700! Less portion control for a start!

Sounds like you're doing really well too :)

Back