3lb gain!!!!!.....Update Official 2 1/2lb gain

Millie09

Silver Member
My son is poorly today so I am weighing in at home :( Really upset 3lb gain!!!!!!!! (Scales are the same as class as I weighed exactly what I did at class at home last Tuesday)

This was last weeks food diary, I always do green being a veggie and my evening meal is usually free.

Wednesday 14th July

B - 28g Kelloggs Special K Sustain (Hxb) and Milk (HxA) and Banana
S - Grapefruit
L - Bean Soup
S - Melon, Strawberry and Hi Fi Bar (Hxb)
D - Noodles , Vegetable and Beansprout Stir Fry,Tesco Chinese stir fry Sauce (1/2 sachet) (3 syns), Quorn
P - Mullerlight, Banana and Cadbury Flake 26g multipack 7 syns

Total Syns 10
----------------------------------------------------
Thursday 15th July

S - Grapefruit
L - Bean Soup
S - Melon, orange and Hi Fi Bar (Hxb)
3 x Toy Story buns @ 3.5 syns = 10.5 syns!!!
D - Rice and Quorn Chilli (F)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 16th July

S - Grapefruit
L - Bean Soup
S - Melon, orange and Hi Fi Bar (Hxb)
D - Speghetti and Quorn Bolognese
Toy Story Bun - 3 1/2 syns
Tesco Light Choices, Dutch Melba Toast 20g pack - 4 syns

Total = 7 1/2 syns
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 17th July

B - 28g Kelloggs Special K Sustain (Hxb) and Milk (HxA) and orange
L - Roll (hxb), cheese (hxa), tomato, cucumber, salad
S- Melon
D - cottage pie (f)
S - Popcorn 5 1/2 syns
--------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 18th July

B - Weetabix x 2 (hxb) and milk (hxa) and banana
S - Alpen light x 2 (Hxb)
L - Sweet potato chips
S - White mice x 1, mini egg x 1 teeth x 1 ??????? and a small Amt of popcorn 4 syns
D - Roast Potatoes (Frylight) Carrots, Brocolli and Cauliflower and Gravy (1 syn)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Monday 19th July

B - Weetabix (hxb) and milk (hxa)
S - Banana
L - Roll (hxb) 1/2 fat cheese 42g (hxa) and tomato, cucumber and salad.
S - Melon
D - Jkt Pot, Peppered Steak, Salad, Cucumber, Tomato , Pepper (F),pickles onion, Onion and Baked Beans
S - Raspberries and Mullerlight yog
--------------------------------------------
Tuesday 20th July

B - 28g Mini wheat pillows (hxb) and milk (hxa)
L – Omlette, tomato and potato

As you can see by my diary I have been 100% good all week and put down everything that has passed my lips, it isn't star week or anything like that. I am really miffed - if I had pigged out I would understand. I don't really want to cut back my syns but should I? Is there something glaringly obvious in my diary that I can't see?

Any Advice welcome..........

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel - I had a 3 1/2 pound gain last week , but hadnt done anything wrong - was actually better then a lot of weeks I lost. (I've been doing this since Feb this year and have consistently lost every week since then, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing)

Is everthing of a similar circumstance when you weighed in? Time of day? What you had eaten before weighing? Clothes? (I put down some of my gain to wearing jeans when i had light trousers the previous week). Even if your home scales matched your class scales last week - there's no guarantee they will this week - home scales can be a bit flaky. Can you get yourself to another group just for weigh-in - you also wont have to pay back pay for not turning up at all - it will seem a bit less like throwing money away.

The only other thing I can say is that maybe its just one of those things that you cant explain - last week my consultant couldnt, asked a few people on here, and I just had to accept that's what it was and move on.

Of course - I'm hoping that it is some random blip, and I'll get a reverse and then some tonight - weigh-in at 7pm and I'm dreading it!!!

Thanks Mandy for taking the time to reply. If hubby gets home in time tonight I might run for a quick weigh in.

I was in the same clothes I wore last week :(

I wish you loads of luck for a good loss this week.

I know you say your scales have agreed with the WI ones previously, but I'd still wager that THAT was a fluke, and there IS a discrepency, so I wouldn't worry too much about this weeks unofficial WI ((hugs))

The only thing that jumps out at me, and I'm no expert, is that your diary looks like that of a dieter :) Are you eating plenty? Like, where you have strawberries, is it a handful, or a punnet? I know you've got a few syns in there, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to cut back, either. Some of your meals are repeated a bit...do you think you're maybe in a bit of a rut, food wise?

Not sure, hun. But unless you're on the WI scales, I really wouldn't take it to heart. best of luck for next week xx

I have to agree with Mojomcl. Just because your scales weighed you in as the same last week as class, does not mean that it will do the same again this week Hun, so panic not!
Just stay on track and you will be fine. I hope your little one gets better soon.
x

I'd agree with everyone else. You HAVE to weigh on the same scales in the same place every week to get an accurate reading. Even if they said the same last week.
And i'm with Mojo - it 'looks' like you're trying to lose weight, if you get what i mean. The fab thing with SW is that your food diary shouldn't look like that of a dieter - it should be FULL of lovely super free & free foods! Have you been on the diet a while? Could you subconsciously be cutting back on the amount you're eating in order to boost losses? Because i've found, and so have several friends, that when they're not eating enough of the free stuff and making the most of their HE and syns, their weight loss slows right down or stops. xx

I put 3lb on this week too!!! Absolutely gutted.

Thank you guys so much for chipping in on this - to be honest I am close to tears about it :(

Hubby is home so I am going to nip out and get weighed later.

mojomcl - do you think I am not eating enough? When I say strawberries I mean about 1/2 punnet, orange = 3 satsuma's, Melon = 1/2 a melon and Grapefruit = whole.

TIA :)

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it - once you have been to class you may (& i'll keep my fingers crossed!!), feel much happier as you may weigh in better than you expect.

The only thing i'd say about your food diary is that alot of the meals were the same like breakfast same every day & lunch bean soup alot! BUT again - I always have 28g porridge for my brecki so am a fine one to talk! haha

Hope WI goes well x

You're eating enough if you are GENUINELY satisfied/comfortably full.

I can't say if what you're having is enough for YOU, but remember you really can't eat too many superfree foods, so if you would like to have more, really don't limit yourself xx

***Update***

Went to class this evening It was a 2 1/2 lb gain. I stayed and all the girls were supportive and kind (Just like you guys :) )

I am going to keep doing what I have been doing, this week I will not weigh at home.

Gettingthinnerbytheday - I will vary my breakfasts, I am a bit stuck with my lunch on Wed, Thur and Fri as soup fits in well with work.

mojomcl - I will have a look at my superfree foods this week.

Thanks again one and all for being supportive.

3 n half pound gain

hiya everyone, i had a real rotten week also, i knew i would have gained but not that much, i got back on track this morning and writing everything down again, i will shift that gain next week PROMISE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just a thought - I know you said it isn't * week, but maybe your * week affects you before/after???

I have read before that its not always the actual time that * strikes that people have an gain, so maybe if you keep an eye on your diary, you may see a pattern form & it could possibly be down to the * afterall :)

Hi Millie,
The only other thing I noticed about your food diary was that you eat quite a few bananas. I have seen some other posts regarding bananas and gain/slow loss. Maybe it is worth trying cutting back on them for a week and see how you go? Just a suggestion.

Don't be too hard on yourself re: WI tonight. It is a gain and I know that must feel really hard to take especially when you have been careful with your food all week. But stick with it, hopefully next week that 2.5lb and some more will be off. Good luck hun x

I had a 3 1/2 lb gain last week, just got back from WI and had 4lb loss.

Sometimes I think our bodies just like to play cruel tricks on us. Wait and see what happens to next weeks WI before you start to worry too much, I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Back