3littlerascals paleo adventure!

Hi all

I have been a serial dieter for most of my adult life and at the age of 30 it is time to take control once and for all!
I have been trying to find a new way of eating for a while and after alot of research I have decided to give Paleo my full attention, I like the look of the diet and am going to give it a fair go.

For the past few weeks I have been struggling with what to have for breakfast as I have gone off bread and cereals so Paleo should definately help with that ;)

I am going to start tomorrow once I have had time to go shopping and do a meal plan so will start posting my food each day and would really appreciate any help or advice you more experienced Paleo dieters could give me :cool:

Welcome to the Paleo/Primal way of eating.It's the only way I have been able to eat without falling off the wagon.

Good luck on your journey and any questions just ask.

You may be interested in reading Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

Thanks Getting fit, Im hoping it works for me too! I am fed up of dieting and want a new way of life that is actually manageable and this does seem like it :)

Thanks for the link have downloaded a few ebooks and am currently trying to decide how paleo I want to go! I think I am going to start off with no dairy though but dont think I am extreme enough as too not cook any of the food :eek:

Doing a bit of planning and my menu for tomorrow is as follows would love feedback on if its ok

Breakfast
2egg omlette filled with mushrooms, onions and peppers

Lunch
Salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and apple tossed in olive oil and topped with tuna

Dinner
salad of lettuce, cucumber and spring onions topped with a grilled chicken breast and cashew nuts

Snack
Fresh fruit

Does that sound about right?

Welcome to the Paleo/Primal way of eating.It's the only way I have been able to eat without falling off the wagon.

Good luck on your journey and any questions just ask.

You may be interested in reading Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

Thank you :)

Am hoping it works for me too as I am fed up of dieting and just want to be able to learn how to eat a good and healthy way.
Have got a few ebooks so am reading through and trying to decide which variation to do, think I will go with no dairy to start and see how I go :)

Well day 1 of my new life is here :D

Just about to go and make myself breakfast which will be omlette with mushrooms, onions and peppers then afterwards I am gonna take the kids out for a walk and play while my Husband paints the dining room :D

Thanks x

Keeps trying to rain here too :cry:

Just had lunch I got some mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red onion, and grated carrot and topped it with a tin of tuna in olive oil and a few walnuts it was lovely :D

Will be having similar for dinner but will grill a chicken breast, am working so will box it up and take it with me but wont get to eat it till around 9pm as will be too busy until then!

Well day 1 went really well :)
Had a bit of a carb/caffeine withdrawal headache but nothing major.

Day 2

Food wasnt brilliant as had too many nuts

Breakfast
Mixed berry smoothie made with coconut milk

Lunch
Black farmers gluten free sausage, mushrooms, peppers , onions and rocket

Dinner
100g roasted hazelnuts (didnt get chance to make dinner to take to work :( )

Snacks
100g macadamia nuts

Last edited:
3littlerascals said:
Well day 1 of my new life is here :D

All sounds fantastic and I love that ...here's to your new life hun x

Day 2 was ok but not perfect! I ate the Paleo way but ate way to many nuts :(

Oh well day 3 is here and the food plan is

Breakfast
Melon and strawberries and then bacon and mushrooms

Lunch
Black farmers sausages, eggs and salad

Dinner
Chicken with carrots and broccoli

Snacks
45g cashew nuts
10 walnut halves

Last edited:
So day 3 was a bit better but still quite a few nuts! Need to go shopping today so that I can start being a bit more creative with my food :)

Day 4 plan is

Breakfast
Bacon, 2 eggs and mushrooms

Lunch
probably salad as going out with my Mum and the kids

Dinner
Thai spiced turkey burgers with a big salad

Aww I found it hard with portions etc! Using too many nuts as a snack but not using other fats like oils in my meals!!

Food looks good though :)

Aww I found it hard with portions etc! Using too many nuts as a snack but not using other fats like oils in my meals!!

Food looks good though :)

Thanks am starting to get the hang of it now I think lol

Food for today has been

Breakfast
Bacon, 2 fried eggs and mushrooms

Lunch
Macdonalds grilled chicken salad (this was so bland and horrid but much better than having a quaterpounder meal I suppose lol)

Dinner
Thai spiced turkey burgers with roasted veg and cucumber

Snacks
3 plums

Just eaten dinner and I am stuffed so doubt I will need anything else tonight :)

I had a terrible nights sleep last night :( I woke up about 1am and then couldnt get back to sleep till gone 3am! Its because I am worrying about a silly work thing that should be resolved by tonight so hopefully it wont happen again!

Todays food plan is

Breakfast
Paleo porridge and berries

Lunch
Roasted belly pork with a salad

Dinner
Tuna salad with pecan nuts

Snacks
Apple and plums

Last edited:
The one in breakfast recipes on here, it was nice but I put a little too much coconut milk in so it was quite sloppy lol

Thanks I Shouldnt have problems sleeping tonight as I am working 6pm until about midnight and am on my feet all shift so will be shattered!

I am loving this way of eating but I am finding that I get hungry alot, maybe I need to up portion size (although I do eat decent size already) or maybe I need to think about eating primal rather than paleo?

The only thing I am really missing is the odd cup of tea, I didnt drink it all that much before but I did enjoy a cup every now and then :( I tried making one last night with coconut milk but I dont like it without sugar so couldnt drink it! I have tried green tea but I dont really like that either lol.

Todays plan is

Breakfast
breakfast smoothie (coconut milk, banana,pear and pecan nuts)

Lunch
Bacon, black farmers sausages , mushrooms and salad

Dinner
Prawn and egg salad

Last edited:
Well I have to weigh in a day early this week as I am off to London in an hour to see some of the Paralympics and wont be back until monday evening.
I have just jumped on the scales and the result is a loss of 7 1/2lbs :D

Gonna try my absolute best to keep up the paleo/primal way while away and think I will be ok.

Back