3rd time lucky?

LittleMissPeacock

Well look at this....18 months and then some. I fell off the face of the earth. Seems i did it into some pizza.
I won't bore you with the details of why but on the 5th january 2012 i joined WW at the amazing weight of 19st 12.5lb. I had previously joined SW in the june of 2011 at about 19 st 9lb ish i think. Over the course of 2012 i lost over 3 stone but then have gained a lot back since october (went to Canada for a week and stuffed my face!) and i now weigh 17st 8lb so i guess i'm nearly 2 stone lighter then when i abandoned you all!
I can't do ww anymore though. Counting is driving me INSANE so i'm back to good old SW on thursday night. I'm going to have to be naughty though i think and just go once to get the books as i am now poor having moved house etc... in 2012. I'm a clerk at WW so will be able to weigh for free. I feel like i'm having an affair :candledinner:

So i hope you'll accept me back despite me naughtily just vanishing. Life got hard. The ex and his wife now have a shiny new baby too. I have been a mess.

How are you all? Just off to try and catch up with everything xx

Hi Goodluck with the weight loss! Sounds like you've done well losing the two stone tho!! Well done :)

Sorry about the ex he sounds an arse! You'll find someone better soon and make him Jelous with your new slim bod ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome back, my friend did the same for a while doing SW weighing at WW cos she helped out at the group.

Just wanted to say hello and good luck. I've recently just started also, having lost some and gained some and what not. Loving the nail blog too! Do you Pinterest? Some amazing ideas on there.

subscribing! :) youve done it before so you can do it again :D
i used to help at a ww meeting... and now im at goal at ww but not at slimming world classes, i didnt even think of using the weight watcher scales... might have to steal that idea off you :) xx

Hey Little Miss, just having a nosey and subscribing. Glad you have moved on and got you motivation back. I lost 1st 6.5lbs last year and I am back to the exact same weight now so I have drawn a line under it and starting again!!! Good luck and will keep noseying on in at you diary and food diary - will also have a look at the Nail Polish Blog when have a minute!!!

Hi hunni and thank you for commenting on my diary x

Welcome back to SW and to Minis x And you certainly don't need to ask for acceptance! You come here with your head held high Little Miss!!! We've all slipped up...we're all human...and it sounds as if you've had an awful lot to cope with recently. Time to stop looking backwards and start looking forward to an exciting year and a healthier, happier you! Xx

Good luck! Xxx

Totally not weight related but i feel really lonely tonight. Little one is staying at his dads and i've been sitting here all night on my own. No one to call, no one to go and see. Have cried about 3 stupid times. Been on the laptop all night, here, Facebook, MFP.
Just really fed up of being alone and feeling so down about things.
(and yes, i do have a man but he is in Canada, 3000 miles away :( We talk pretty much everyday but it's not the same as having him here)

Aww bless ya hunni x I'm so sorry you're having such an awful night. it's horrible when you're used to having lots going on and then suddenly you find yourself alone :( I spent many nights on my own after I left my ex husband and you really have my sympathy x

It will get better. It takes time but you'll get there. And in years to come you'll look back at times like tonight and wonder why you were so sad.

Does your partner live in Canada or is he over there working or visiting? Xx

Aww bless ya hunni x I'm so sorry you're having such an awful night. it's horrible when you're used to having lots going on and then suddenly you find yourself alone :( I spent many nights on my own after I left my ex husband and you really have my sympathy x

It will get better. It takes time but you'll get there. And in years to come you'll look back at times like tonight and wonder why you were so sad.

Does your partner live in Canada or is he over there working or visiting? Xx

Slightly strange story that gets strange reactions. We met online. not a dating thing or anything, just plain old chat room, nothing weird! Got talking, then e mailing, then MSN messenger then Skype. After the ex and i split (nothing to do with Mr Canada!) i realised i had feelings for him and vice versa. Talked online for years and last jan we finally organised a trip and i went over for a week on oct last year. We got on like a house on fire.
Going back this year again, in september. It would be more often but we both work, i have a 7 yr old boy and flights are about £700 a time!
People think i'm mad, that i should find a bloke here but i don't want to be with someone because they live near me! So yeah, that's about it. It's odd, i know. But days like today i wish i was back there with him carving pumpkins and watching tv and just being normal like we did that week. One day eh?

Thanks for replying xx

Oh I think that's so romantic! I'm not surprised you'd rather be there than here! And stuff what anyone else says!!!

I first met my husband Gwyn when I was 11 and he was my secondary form tutor. I actually developed a huge crush on him but it was a waste of time as he was very happily married! I left in the 6th form and married my first husband, only to divorce 8 years later. I'd kept in touch with Gwyn once a year with Xmas cards and about 8 years after my divorce, I popped a note in his card asking if he fancied meeting up for a meal and a catch up. So we met and got on very well, and I learned that Gwyns wife had sadly died 3 years earlier, and that like me he had 3 children (although his were all older than me lol!) Anyway we met up again 2 weeks later, and were married a year after that. It's our 9th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks.
So I'm a sucker for romantic stories! Don't give up on your dreams hunni, even when they seem impossible! Stranger things have happened!

Yes quite a long time... I'm 46 now and he's 73...although there was a big gap in the middle we still sent Xmas cards!
You just never know what life has in store for you x

Awww, both your stories are lovely :) As it happens I also met my hubby online (and an ex-boyfriend too!) So I completely understand what you're talking about, it's so nice to meet someone who knows what it's like! Also my starting weight is the same as yours now :) Two small things, but it's nice to have something in common!

Those r gr8 stories & jst shows wot we do 4 luv. My OH lived 200miles away (i no not 3000 but whrn couldnt b 2gether mite as well have bn!). I had jst come out a relationship wi some1 in army & was adament i did not want anothe long distance relationship but long story short wanted 2b 2gether so aft 3.5yrs tooing & froing i moved 2 b wi him. We have now bn 2gether 11yrs & living 2gether about 8. If things r meant 2b & u have the faith & patience then things will work out. I also get lonely as we live a fair distance from every1, i can honestly say i have no real friends so i am in all the time on my own. OH works offshore so can b wks on my own nof seeing any1 apart from work (we have no children). Feel free 2 contact if ever want 2 chat :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hey LMP,

Firstly, thanks for posting on my diary. It really did help and I'm going to try to get back on track today. It really helps knowing that others have been in the same position.

Secondly, welcome back to SW. Did you know that there's offers on in a few magazines just now to join for £4.95? Thought it might help to save some money if you're just going to get the books.

I wish you lots of luck this time around and I'm certain that 3 times will be a charm for you and you will succeed. Sorry you were feeling lonely lastnight. It must be hard having your partner living so far away. The story of how you met was lovely, and I think you're right. If he's the one for you and it's meant to be, the distance will work itself out in the end.

Will be subscribing to your diary and will check in to see how you're doing. Good luck x

Morning LMP x

You really set the ball rolling for some lovely stories last night!

How are you today? Hope you're feeling much happier and more positive about everything. When you're alone, it's always the nights that are the worst isn't it? But that's one of the good things about this site...there's usually someone around to listen x

So good luck for an excellent day today and keep in touch

Lots of love x

Hi Hun good luck losing the lbs ;-) I have just come back after a 3 month absence & managed to gain 34lb eeek am determined to get back to target again. I was going to rejoin a sw class but can't really afford to & what better help & support can we get anywhere other than Minimins, stick with it Hun it will all work out in the end, have a great day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello.. Just thought I'd drop a line to say I hope you're feeling less lonely and much better today..
Good luck with joining on Thursday.. I joined las night.. First time doing Slimming World.. been doing WW since Jan 2011 and losses have slowed/stopped so thought I'd shake things up a bit and hopefully get things moving again.. And SW gets some great talking up on here so I thought why not?!
So subscribing to hopefully pick you up when you're down and help you along your journey..
Will you keep a food diary on here too? (Selfish of me as I wana steel meal ideas lol)

Love a little romantic story.. You've all got one on this thread.. :D Nothing better than a happy every after eh?!

Back