3rd time lucky?

MilliesMummyx

Hi, This will be my 3rd attempt at weight loss with SW since my daughter was born in 2012. Attended slimming world classes twice before and managed to lose slowly up to around 7lbs then holidays ruined it twice. This time though I am gonna try from home mostly because of shift pattern. I weighed myself last night and was close to tears. (I tried various locations on the floor cause I had genuine disbelief!) So this is the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed in at 13st 3lbs which on my 5ft 4 frame makes me a size 16. Would like to get to around 10 st and take it from there whether I feel comfortable or not. So here goes my 3 stone battle... :(:1461::banghead:

Welcome MilliesMummyx and good luck with Slimming World.

I find the best time to weigh from home is when you get up in the morning after the toilet and naked as this will give you a very accurate consistent account of your weight loss as you will naturally fluctuate up and down through out the day.

You have done well on Slimming World before and finding what works for you is half the battle.

Week 1 weigh in this morning. 12st 11lb! So that's a loss of 6lbs!! Hoping it's gonna continue to come off at a steady pace. I've managed to watch my OH eat mods, kebab, chocolate etc all week. So I'm proud I've stuck to it. Hope everyone else has good weigh ins this week! I'm delighted :woohoo:

Week 1 weigh in this morning. 12st 11lb! So that's a loss of 6lbs!! Hoping it's gonna continue to come off at a steady pace. I've managed to watch my OH eat mods, kebab, chocolate etc all week. So I'm proud I've stuck to it. Hope everyone else has good weigh ins this week! I'm delighted :woohoo:
Well done xx that's a fantastic first week weight loss xx

6lb! Well done:0clapper:

It brings you down into the twelves and out of the thirteens!:worthy:

Thank you both! I was so chuffed this morning. Spurs you on to continue. OH is about to sit down to cookie dough and ice cream and I had melon chunks haha. Between him and my 3yo temptation is everywhere!! :mad: But I'm more determined than ever :) x

Thank you both! I was so chuffed this morning. Spurs you on to continue. OH is about to sit down to cookie dough and ice cream and I had melon chunks haha. Between him and my 3yo temptation is everywhere!! :mad: But I'm more determined than ever :) x
My hubby used to be same but now he's joined up with me so he's worse than me for eating properly lol its like a competition on weigh in day now lol

He kept offering me a bit and I refused. Think he is shocked at my will power this time. I did want to storm off in a huff but I decided to sit proud lol. Baby steps! Just looked out my old fake away book to try get some inspiration for dinners this week. A competition sounds fun though. My OH is such a fussy eater though! X

Reaching weekend and I'm having a 'I want everything in sight' kinda day.:eatdrink051: I'm at work so there is chocolates EVERYWHERE. I ate three yesterday and they weren't worth my syns :( so today I have fruit all over my desk lol. Went to canteen and had a brown roll (HEB) Bacon (grilled and all fat removed) and then 2 satsumas. So I am definately not hungry. Last week I did so well I don't want to fall into the 'cocky' mindset where I think I can have a wee bit extra and still lose. I'm writing down everything I eat so I don't. Hope everyone else is having a good week! I know I am doing well. I just hope scales show it on Monday! Nat x

You did a powerful weigh in last Monday and fingers crossed for another good result this one coming.

Weekends are tough but if you have a plan to get through it and stick with it, it really helps and to have healthy nibbles in the fridge.

Enjoy your weekend:)

I do my main food shop on a Saturday. If I'm honest I'm doing better when I'm off work then at work. We get aprox 5 boxes of chocolates a day handed in. Crazy crazy! I have a home made chicken salad and a muller light for lunch. And last night I made a beef curry for tonight, mayflower powder. I made it in two portions so I know exact syns (2) and mine has loads more veg in it to bulk it up. I've realised preparation really is key! I also just printed loads of recipes for inspiration. Really fancy the veg pakora so gonna try make that tomorrow for snacks I can grab in house.

Have a good weekend!

OMG! 5 boxes of chocolate a day!
Whatever service you are providing obviously people are grateful:)

I am all or nothing when it comes to chocolate... It is my downfall :(

Your food sound delicious...well done on the preparation.

I'm a nurse in a cancer treatment centre so people are very grateful. I am too, my scales aren't :( gone are the days of eating what I want when I want and not gaining a lb! :mad:

Nurses do a tremendous job in general and I know cancer nurses go that extra mile and it's nice to be appreciated:)

It must be an age thing...I find every carb sticks to me:oops::eek::(

It's a hard job but I love it. Worked in a hecrucial (my phone loves a typo.. hectic**)unit prior to this job and I loved the buzz but eventually patients became a number and it wasn't nursing anymore it was get them in and out as quick as. I moved constantly though so I've noticed the weight pile on in this new job which is why I've restarted!

It feels good though knowing you've made an unbearable time more bearable :)

What day do others weigh in? I'm weighing Monday mornings. Went out to frankie and bennys last night for 'cheat meal' and I ended up ordering grilled chicken, veg and cheeky chips (which I actually only ate a few). But normally I'd half wolfed a pizza or a bowl of pasta and chips:oops: so I felt my mindset has definitely changed. I went our to be naughty and actually ended up ordering more healthy anyway. It did hurt me not pick a pudding though... maybe it genuinely is 3rd time lucky :):D

Hope you all had good weekend xx

4lbs off this week!! :thankyouthankyou: feeling like I could actually do it this time!
:sw007:

Thank you :D feeling proud. I'm off today and my little one is snack happy. So I'm struggling to keep my mouth closed. I just keep drinking water every time I think about it. So much easier at work after all lol X

At the rate you are shifting your weight you will be at goal before you know...

Small frequent snacks of protein help keep hunger at bay...also, I like that saying, "If you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not hungry"!

Back