4-5 stones to loose buddies

Pinkydoodles

Hi all

I am re-starting this thread because there was another similar thread which I had joined, but it seems to have totally disappeared???

It was for peeps who where around 15/16st mark and wanted to loose 4-5 stones... which includes me!

Would love some buddies to check in with each week for sharing successes and failures and getting ideas and support! And a bit of healthy competition with eachother so we can all hopefully celebrate getting to target around the same time!! Yeeeeoooo here we go......... skinny jeans & tight tops get ready....

Rachael

That sounds good to me. I'm just under 16 stone and would ideally like to get down to 10 stone although I will be happy with whatever weight I am when I can fit into a slinky size 12. I weigh in on Saturday mornings.

Hiya! I desperatley need a buddy too! I am 16st 6lbs. I am looking to fit.into size 12-14, around 12st.. :) or 11.6... So i defo need a buddy x weigh in Saturdays from home but thinking of joining a Tuesday group soon xx

Hi girls, good to have you's on board. We all seem to be about the same place with the same overall goal, which is great. Hopefully we can try to stick it out all together? I know there are other threads for when you move down to each stone, but I thought one like this would be helpful since we can stay together the whole way.

Well, I lost 1.5 this week but feel a bit fed-up with it because I was uber uber good and thought I was going to loose a bit more!

Iwant2basize12 - update your signature with your new goals and targets! I am glad I have the group to go to, I don't think I could do it on my own in the house, it helps when you hear that others are having ups and downs, like you're not alone. I guess if you are going to do it from home that's where this forum is a good support....

:)

Hi Can i join?

No idea what i weight until i go to group on tuesday - but am expecting to have at least 4 stones to lose to get to final target... Am currently somewhere around a size 16 depending on what i'm wearing and how bloated i am - am hoping to get to a 14 comfortably for a ball i have in 9 weeks and then to a comfortable 12 by v festival in mid august. Fingers crossed x

Hey all :)
I'm 14st 7 and would like to lose 4stone.
I started slimming world last Saturday after doing ww but failing bad lol
I hope Saturday will show a loss :) I've been very good this week and intend to carry on.
Xx

Hi girlies

welcome all :) I had WI last night and lost 1lb, but again feel annoyed! I was soooo good this week, I gave my leader my food diary which I keep 100% every day, she said it looked fine, as did last weeks, so perhaps I am one of those people who just looses slowly or something? She also mentioned that some people loose slowly on green days coz of all the carbs and throwing in a few red days helps - but one problem - I am vegetarian! lol. Oh well. This week I am going to try and eat less pasta, and swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes, see if that makes any difference. I am also going to try and stay at 10 syns per day, as I usually use all 15.

So how is everyone else doing this week?

Rachael

I know it doesnt seem like much but a lb is still a loss and still heading in the right direction. Ive really struggled to stay on plan lately and thats not helped by the fact I didnt make weigh in last week and cant this week either. Did reasonably well yesterday and am so far so good today but have to go somewhere later where there will be a buffet. Really hoping I can get on it cos ive been feeling quite down about my size and shape the last week or so. X

Hi girlies

welcome all :) I had WI last night and lost 1lb, but again feel annoyed! I was soooo good this week, I gave my leader my food diary which I keep 100% every day, she said it looked fine, as did last weeks, so perhaps I am one of those people who just looses slowly or something? She also mentioned that some people loose slowly on green days coz of all the carbs and throwing in a few red days helps - but one problem - I am vegetarian! lol. Oh well. This week I am going to try and eat less pasta, and swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes, see if that makes any difference. I am also going to try and stay at 10 syns per day, as I usually use all 15.

So how is everyone else doing this week?

Rachael

Still a loss though well done!! Try to lay off heavy carbs like potatoes and bread and see if that makes a difference. Do you eat fish? X

rkmriddle I don't eat fish no. I am going to try and lay off the pasta and bread, which I have very little of anyhoo! Will try some more quorn and beans/pulses/chickpeas/lentils etc.

Something else which just dawned on me yesterday - would anti-biotics slow the weight-loss down any? I don't know, just a thought since I have been on a strong one the past 2 weeks for sinus probs [when I've had small losses despite sticking to plan 100%] its really the only thing I can think of. Well I am finished the course now so shall see next week at WI!

Although it is Easter weekend.... eek - are any of you girls/guys going to have an easter egg? I was going to until our leader did a table on the syns this week - its like 40+ syns for an egg alone!! Which seems crazy since a bar of galaxy/dairy milk is about 13 syns. I would have thought they weighed the same since the egg is hollow/bar is solid. Ah well. But a tube of mini eggs is only 18.5 syns - so I think I might get one of those and eat it over a few days :) And a creme egg is 9 which I suppose would be worth a seasonal indulgence lol.

Charmelz - have a wee sit down and a good chat with yourself - get yourself re-focused - why are you doing this diet? How much do you want to loose weight? What's the alternative ie not planning and eating whatever = weight gain - do you really wana go there? Is it worth it?

Buffets/parties/gatherings are a complete nightmare. I know the powers that be say it doesnt have to be, you can bring healthy snacks, fill up on free food before you go etc, but when you are in the situation, its never easy. I am going to stay at a friend's holiday home tomorrow night, I am nervous about it since they are all big drinkers/fry eaters and always force stuff on you - and you don't want to be rude refusing their hospitality either. It's certainly a tough one. Well I am going to give some thought as to what nibbles to bring and shall explain about my weight loss efforts and how much it means to me beforehand.

Has anyone else got any challenges this long [choco-filled] weekend?

Good luck girlies - keep the focus! xxx

Well girlies what is happening...? No-one has signed in this week! I know it has prob been an awkward week with easter n all, well I did fall off the wagon at the weekend, drank too much alco and ate crap - but the good thing is - it made me feel physically sick and I actually couldn't wait to get back to eating the SW way. I had terrible indigestion and stomach/bowel cramps - so my body must have gotten used to the healthy eating in just 6 weeks, good news.

Lost 0.5lb this week, surprised I didn't gain after the weekend shenanigans! Shouldn't speak too soon though, it might catch up on me next week...

Well i am the same at 16st...! I havent stuck to plan at allll in easter but i shall get back on it striaght away now! especially as im.going away to see my inlaws this christmas for five weeks and they havent seen me in three and half years!!! I need to be somewhat close to target for then!! so i Shall sign in Next Saturday! :) 4 & half stone to go still for my.target of 11st 10lb..!

I went off track last weekend and haven't got properly on it again since then. Some strict discipline is required I guess. That is an excellent motivation for you! I also want to be considerably closer to target by Christmas! We could make that a mutual goal...?

xxx

Well girls, how is everyone doing? I am finally back on track, I was terrible there for about 2 weeks - but at least I am back on it now! Hence I have changed my signature :) I am due WI tonight but I really don't actually want to do, I don't think I could face another gain demotivating me when I have just gotten my mojo back!!

What's the craic with ya'll?

Ps I have also started my own diary on here to try and motivate me more! Its over in the diary forum and its called "A diary of one girls struggle to change" - duno how to link to it, sorry!

Hi there ladies :) I started SW at home 5 weeks ago weighing in at 15st 2lb,I am now 14st 2lb. My initial goal was to lose 2st before my hol on 27th August with a final target of anything between 4/5st gone altogether,hopefully by Christmas. So this sounds perfect for me :p

Hi ladies, I started my SW journey last at 103kg weighed in at 99.2kg this week (roughly 15st 8lbs) would love to get some inspiration and motivation from you guys. I also have an under active thyroid and have been struggling to lose weight for years, this time I'm determined not to lose motivation and keep going even on those weeks I gain.
Well does with the losses on you journey so far :)

Back