Extra Easy 4 days in and GAINED weight

sophieann

I'm 4 days into EE. Have followed to the letter, not overdone the free food but have gained 1.5 pounds since starting. Am gutted. Any ideas?

sophieann said:
I'm 4 days into EE. Have followed to the letter, not overdone the free food but have gained 1.5 pounds since starting. Am gutted. Any ideas?

Firstly- only weigh on your official weigh in day. Everyone's weight naturally fluctuates during the day/week and therefore you should ignore the mid week weigh in and not do it next week!
Have you recently changed from another diet? You can gain in the first couple of weeks if you have previously been on a very low calorie plan.
If not and you are remembering your 1/3 superfree at every meal and first choice for snacks, you will be fine! Stick with it and don't weigh midweek, only causes panic! If you do a search you will find there are loads of people who have done the same and panicked, then gone on to have a great loss- our bodies are weird things and fluctuation is very normal. Stick with it and good luck!

Thanks for your reassurance!! I guess that because it's my first week I'm constantly looking for that sign of weight loss! I need to be strict with myself. So others have panicked too then?! Not just me - ha ha - and that in itself makes me feel a little better. Should wait till official weigh in day ((slaps own wrist)). Thanks for your reply - only joined these boards half an hour ago so all new to me. A bit scared to be honest! :)

Hahah, I understand the desire to weigh in early. I'm actually only two days in but just had a sneaky weigh that reads 2lbs down. I know now I'm going to be devastated if I don't continue to lose at the same rate before next week's proper weigh-in :lol:

Everyone worries about their weigh in, how it will go, especially the first week, when you cant quite believe it is possible to lose weight and eat all that stuff. Try not to worry! If you follow the plan accurately, and stick to it properly, there is no way in the world that you would gain body fat AT ALL. If you are worried whether you are getting it right, start a food diary in the food diary section and post the stuff you have been eating the last couple of days so we can check it out for you an iron out any minor issues or things you may have overlooked.

Lots of things can cause temporary gains, none of which are "because you are following Slimming World properly". Are you doing this with a group or at home? Even just using two different sets of scales can make a big difference. Good luck!

Hi! Certain I'm doing it right as my dada and step mum have both lost over two stones each since January and are helping. I am very bloated this week - possibly I need to get used to the carbs as I usually avoid them. For example, spaghetti Bol I normally have extra Bol with no spaghetti! I have PCOS too so never know when to expect my period...it may be that my period is on its way. And yes, my scales are not 'professional'. If I go on Monday and haven't lost any I shall post a food diary as you suggest so I can get your help. Thanks so much. I am starting to feel a bit foolish for worrying so much :-D xx

Well, if your family are doing it then thats great - and it may, as you suggest, simply be that this is a hormonal gain which will sort itself out. Don't ever feel foolish about asking or worrying, we all go through the exact same anxieties of "Will it work for me?" - and if you have been low carbing till now, then yes, it may be that you do feel a little more bloaty than normal. Make sure and drink plenty of fluids, that will help with any water retention issues you are having. :)

Hi sophieann. Am struggling a little too and did a day 3 sneaky weigh in and found I'm at the same weight but got some reassurance from others. I'm feeling really bloated too and think it must just be all the carbs cos I tend to avoid them too am hoping it calms down but keep posting so can hear how you get on.

Thanks for your messages. More water for bloating? I didn't realised that it helped. I must admit I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day and that's my whole liquid intake :-O

Peacelily- let's hope we have at least 1/2 pound loss next week, or even no change! My first weigh in I deliberately didn't have my tea. I wish I had now as now I feel I'll have to go without my tea again to get a representative weight ;-)

I gained half a pound in my first week, stuck with it though and have lost every week since, think my body was just adjusting. I suffered really badly with bloating but it's gone away since as Im drinking more fluids. Good luck with the WI, I'm sure you will be fine x

Water / liquid is vital to dieting sounds very bizare but stops water retention !!! X

I mid-week weighed last week and it said 2 lb gain I was anxious and upset for the rest of the week and on weighed day I was 1 lb down! I was so pleased!!!
I'm never mid week weighing again :/)

nothing tastes as good as being slim feels

I never realised drinking more fluids would help, will try to add more glasses of water, I really dislike the bloated feeling, so uncomfortable!.

I am 3 days in and have been feeling really tempted to do a sneaky mid week weigh in as I feel so bloated and full all the time but after reading this I think I will give it a miss and drink lots more water, I thought it was me being stupid or not following SW properly, I feel a bit silly asking as im not going to a group, I'm just doing it at home and there isn't really anyone to ask without making a fool of myself, thanks :)

Don't worry you're not alone. I do actually think that this forum will prove more helpful than going to a group as there are so many topics to explore and so much help from helpful peeps. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Back