4 Packs a Day/Sore Throat *food refs*

MR2_Owner

Doing Slimming World
Hi All,

I am doing ss+ at the mo - with the skimmed milk but since I have been on 4 packs I have had a sore throat pretty much constantly. I thought I might've picked up a bug but it's definately not as I'm fine. I make up shakes with at least the minimum amount of water and have also started putting more water in them to try and dilute a bit more. I've had porridge twice two days this week which I love tho!

I've done a couple of searches and know that this seems to be down to the concentration of the vits & mins but has anyone else suffered?

I've not been that good yesterday & today - sadly one of our Family Friends died, my Man was here for the weekend and I had some crisps and chocolate. I had a stressful day at work today, plus he's gone home (over the Channel) and I feel like I'm due on. I did get on the scales and think I have lost a few lbs, but then my scales are dirt cheap and not reliable much.

So I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, I really want some toast, I am freezing cold but also not actually hungry. I could sit here and bawl my eyes out as work is a 'mare at the moment, I won't see my Man again 'til 8th October - which isn't long, but it hurts, our Friend died and my throat kills.

Maybe I am still in ketosis, who knows - I don't have the ketostix so can only tell by the manky taste in my mouth, the coldness, the not feeling hungry and the specks in my wee.

Anyway sorry to rant here - please someone let me know I'm normal!

:cry:

You are normal :)

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a lousy time this week, hopefully things will look better for you soon.

Use the fact you won't see your guy for a week or so as encouragement; think about how, by the time you see him, you'll look even better than you already do! :)

If you just smile....

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Keep your chin up.

We are all human and have weaknesses, just remember that if we didn't we would all be skinny and this forum wouldn't exist!

Okay, so you had something you shouldn't, but tomorrow is another day...try to stay positive.
It will all be worth it in the end.

:grouphugg:

Blimey, you have so much going on in this post I don't know where to start, or what the main question is. You're feeling bad both physically and emotionally. Of course you're normal to want to rant. Did the chocolate and the crisps help......make you feel better or worse about things? Would the toast really make you feel better? If so, have the toast and start tomorrow afresh. I think whether you are in ketosis or not is the least of your problems right now, you just need to do what will make you feel better and help you get back on track in the morning. I'd say a hot bath and an early night, myself. Hope you are feeling better soon, and then reassess SS+ and whether the 4 shakes are causing the sore throat.

Sending lots of hugs. Hang in there.

Just realised I get a sore throat a few times a week. It has only started about a month ago and I kept thinking I was coming down with a cold but it never materialised. Usually late evening and it is gone in the morning.

I sometimes have 4 packs and skimmed milk, but today I only had 3 packs and a 200 cal meal, and I have a sore throat now, so it isn't like it is happening on the days I have 4 particularly. Think it must just be part of the course really -- one of the side effects?

Hi,I had a sore throat when I first started,and I had one last week for a few days,didnt put it down to anything other than things going around!!So maybe not!!Why dont you try splitting the packs if you think it is the concentration of them,that would stop you craving toast aswell,you wouldnt have time with 8 to get through!!
xx

Hi everyone

Thank you for letting me ramble on and your replies.

Feeling better today, had a lovely nights sleep too which also helps. I didnt give into the toast, I shut down my laptop and went to bed instead!

So lets hope today will be better - altho I have only had porridge, tea and water so far - soon to have a butterscotch shake and my throat is fine....:/ I might try splitting my two packs at home tonight to see if that does anything.

keep your chin up!!

what an awful time of it your having.. glad you got a good nights sleep, as my mam says, things always look better the next day!

good luck for the rest of the week chuck x

Back