4 shakes instead of 3. Will this affect ketosis ?

PinkyJay

Needs more willpower
Does anyone know if by having 4 shakes instead of 3 ( have to have due to my height) will affect me going into ketosis or take me out of it if already in it:confused:

Hi Pinky, I personally don't think it will take you out of ketosis, as it's basically the same calories as SS+. Might be worth just having a chat to your CDC about it, if you're worried. Good luck. :)

nope it won't knock you out of ketosis, as they are protein based. I do 4 shakes a day as i'm *just* 5'8. My CDC recommended this, she had 4 a day and she's short and still lost loads of weight quickly.

You're more likely to stick to the diet if you're not hungry right?

No, the diet is designed to keep you in ketosis, you are given the best programme for you, if an extra pack would take you out of it, you wouldnt be put on it.

Best of luck

:D You will be fine on four shakes, men tend to lose the weight quicker i started on four shakes then reduced it to three after a couple of weeks and the results were just as good :D

Pinkyjay... well done on your losses so far, looking positive! Especially with a week on holiday in the middle! Thats brilliant!!!!

If the CDC suggested it then it must be needed for your body as your taller you would need more for the energy i am guessing? Even with WW and other tried and tested diets, they go by height according to peoples allowances i suppose...

So do you think it would hurt (in times of crisis) when i am really climbing the walls to have an extra pack in the evening even though i am only 5ft?! Dont plan on doing this every day but just in case... so i know i have back up...

It won't knock you out of ketosis. If you feel that you realy need to, have 4 meals per day (or maybe every other day) for a couple of weeks and then see if you can drop down to 3. I'm on 3 meals per day, because I find the porridge and shakes really filling and I don't think I could handle a 4th one.

I have 3 'meals' a day and initially when I first tried CD, I had all shakes or soups - sometimes I was really hungry... but the last 2 times I have done it, I have gone for tetras...

Yes they are a little more expensive, and yes they are a smaller amount but they are very thick and really fill me up...

Tetras could be a choice for you ..

T
x

If the CDC suggested it then it must be needed for your body as your taller you would need more for the energy i am guessing? Even with WW and other tried and tested diets, they go by height according to peoples allowances i suppose... So do you think it would hurt (in times of
crisis) when i am really climbing the walls to have an extra pack in the evening even though i am only 5ft?! Dont plan on doing this every day but just in case... so i know i have back up...
Not sure the answer hence why I'm asking myself sorry. In similar position to you :(

I am only supposed to have 3 shakes/soups/bars as i am only 5ft 2 inches but I sometimes need to have 4 as
am struggling a bit on 3, especially when at
work. CDC said it may slow me down going into ketosis as on day 6 of 100% and still hungry. Don't think I've gone into it yet.

First 5 weeks I kept having days when I had
the odd nibble. Not sure if having 4 is stopping me from ketosis .

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my first post.

Last edited:
As far as I am aware, and any CDCs out there please feel free to correct me... you do not need to be in ketosis for CWP to work.... Ketosis just makes it easier for some people to cope with not having anything to eat .... some people can lose all their weight and have never been anywhere near ketosis... and some people are in ketosis and still feel hungry - it is an individual thing..

There used to be a post at the top of the forums about ketosis and why we all want it - might be worth giving it a read

Hope that this helps

T
x

Yes, you will lose weight with a calorie deficit, regardless of being in ketosis or not. But the fat burning is more effective when you are in it. We can all follow Sole Source and all be at a different level of ketosis though, which is why we don't all lose the same amount of weight each week. Having an extra meal per day may prevent you from going as deep in to ketosis as you would without it, which is why it could affect your losses over time. It will just mean taking slightly longer to lose the weight.

I agree with madferret, acheive ketosis is more about the feelings of welbeing it offers, and therefore assists with staying on the program.

Basically 4 packs is better than 3 packs and some nibbles no matter what height you are.

If you feel that taking 4 will stop you from sneaking a nibble then you should do it.

Thanx for all of your input guys and chicks. I shall try the 4 th instead of picking and hope I still lose good weight x

Thanx for all of your input guys and chicks. I shall try the 4 th instead of picking and hope I still lose good weight x

Think i will do the exact same :D

Good luck to you pinkyjay and keep me posted on how your getting on!

xx

Back