4 Slim Fast shakes a day???

TUBBYTASHA

Has anyone else tried having 4 Slim Fast shakes per day and no evening meal instead of having the 3 shakes and the meal

This will give you a calorie intake of 440 cals per day. This is exactly the same amount of calories taken in a day as on Sole Soursce on the Cambridge Diet.

I figured that if it is safe to do it on CD it must be safe to do it on Slim Fast too???

CD say that 440 cals per day is completely safe as a VLCD for 12 weeks at a time, after which you must have a week of at least 880 cals then back to the 440 cals.

I plan to do exactly that, and spoke to my GP on the phone who said the CD VLCD is safe.

I just wondered if anyone else on Slim Fast had tried this or was planning to?

I am 34 years old, 5ft 3in and exactly 17st.

Each ready made Vanilla slim fast shake has 230 calories so if you drank 4 of those a day you would consume 920 calories per day and I'm not sure they are as nutritionally balanced as CD/LL as you are supposed to have a balanced meal with 2 shakes/bars a day. The Slim Fast plan is actually based on an approximate 1200-1400 cal diet with 3 snacks, 2 shakes/bars and 1 meal.

Did you tell your GP that you plan to used Slim Fast as a VLCD? Have you looked into any other VLCD's? I don't think it would be healthy to drink THAT many shakes per day! Plus they are quite high in sugar :)

Each ready made Vanilla slim fast shake has 230 calories so if you drank 4 of those a day you would consume 920 calories per day and I'm not sure they are as nutritionally balanced as CD/LL as you are supposed to have a balanced meal with 2 shakes/bars a day. The Slim Fast plan is actually based on an approximate 1200-1400 cal diet with 3 snacks, 2 shakes/bars and 1 meal.

Did you tell your GP that you plan to used Slim Fast as a VLCD? Have you looked into any other VLCD's? I don't think it would be healthy to drink THAT many shakes per day! Plus they are quite high in sugar :)

Agree.... :) took the words out of my mouth x

Back