4 stone to lose

SashaGeorge

I began a diary on Minimins in April last year, starting weight 14st 11Ib and was horrified to think that if I ate a few more portions of chips I'd top the 15stone mark - where it would end from there for me? I couldn't risk it. Then Minimins closed! It had become a real part of my journey and I didn't realise how much I relied on my daily posts to keep me on track. Needless to say (yes Minimins it was all your fault.!!!) :) I put the weight back on, although I don't think I'm quite to 14st 11Ib but not far off.

Anyway, I'll be weighing tomorrow and taking measurements and I'll post the damage then. Tomorrow will be day 1. I've started a new full time job and am only on my first week so early days, a new challenge will be shift work - I'll be working days, nights, long shifts. But I can use that as an excuse or an opportunity. I think I'll choose the opportunity option. What's the point in using excuses? There really isn't an excuse for my weight gain. I just use food for comfort, I eat too much and I need to stop!

Shake That Weight worked really well last year and I love the flavours so I know it works if I stick to it. Simple! Well, it would be simple if I was a robot with no hormones or life's little troubles that creep up and whack me on the backside when I'm least expecting were to get lost. I know it's going to be tough, but I am tougher. :)

Yet again I've become a bit of a recluse, running a mile if there's an invitation and it means seeing people I've not seen for a while (ooohh those knowing looks) she's gained all that weight back hasn't she?! Or having a breakdown if there's an unexpected visit from my bf's family which also entails hauling my huge frame out in to the light and smiling and pretending I haven't noticed either that I look like I've eaten my boyfriend whole....he's quite small, he got on the scales the other day and was 10st 10Ib. He is underweight at the moment and trying to put weight on - don't even go there! Don't you just hate that??!! Grrrr. no he's great and very supportive.

So, here we go. Roll on tomorrow!!
xx

Last edited:
Had my weigh in, starting weight is: 14st 1Ib (sigh) my ideal weight is 10stone. I know at that weight I feel great and as I'm a bit older I am not too thin so that I look ill. :) that would be the day!!
So, off I go. Finding it very hard today. I have so many sweets, crisps and goodies left over and I am trying to drink lots of water. I need to order bars as before they kept me going when I needed something urgently. I like the Slim & Save ones better than Shake That Weight...I'll go online and see if STW has any new ones for me to try.

I know once I get started I'll feel better and, certainly within the first week, I'll notice a difference. So that's not long to wait for feeling better. Why then can I not concentrate on anything but the mini milky way that's staring at me from across the room!!

Happy Friday x

Worked my first night shift Monday night. Didn't know what to eat and when and I've had terrible cystitis today so feeling quite weird and miserable! I have realised probably not the best time to begin a VLCD. I have had a few falls of the wagon (already!!) but am starting again tomorrow. I weighed myself Monday and was 13st 12Ib great to be back in the 13's. A girl I work with is doing weight watchers, she's lost 1 stone in 2 months and I just think to myself that the best thing about this diet is that - if I can kick myself up the backside and actually do it properly - I can get a stone off in 2 weeks let alone 2 months. I really admire people who can do a diet with a 1 or half pound a week weight loss.

Not an amazing start, not going to set the world on fire but I'll get there. I have to appreciate that I am just starting a new job, getting to grips with learning that, doing quite extreme shifts some 14 hours long and starting a VLCD all at once. Not to mention some issues at home which are quite stressful. Sometimes I don't give myself the understanding I should. I see every set back as a fail and issues that I am facing as excuses and not real problems.

I am waffling now, but I know I can do this. I also took my measurements and my thighs are the size of some people's waists - a great incentive to crack this weight loss once and for all. :)

x

Back