40 and slim plan in 4 stages

Thanks for subscribing! So far so good....

I had a bit of time to have fun in the kitchen today and attempted to make some home made protein bars similar to Snickers. They were made up of a base peanut-butter-y layer then topped by sugar free caramel sauce then peanuts and finally dark 75% chocolate. I messed up one layer - caramel sauce - it got too hard and more like boiled sweet than sauce consistency. Not sure why, it didn't even reach the 250F required by the recipe. I had to turn it off earlier as it already looked very gooey and now my beautiful chocolate bars are too hard to chew! Put them in the fridge for now as can't bring myself to bin them just yet...

Might have to try again another day.

What happened with minimins earlier? I couldn't get the website up or was it just me?

Anyway here I am on my weigh in day and unfortunately I can only report a 0.7lbs loss. And although I have had a couple of nights out including last night I was still trying hard and feel that I deserved a bigger loss. Sigh..

I will add the unused decimals to this number and round up to 1lbs loss. My total loss so far is actually 11.3lbs. Really need to do well next week for my own sanity!

Haven't felt particularly great this week. Most days I was up before 5am and restless with lots of aches and muscle soreness. Thinking back I am starting to wonder if I am sensitive to wheat. I had bread twice this week - didn't really plan to but first on Monday we were out watching Eric Clapton!! and didn't leave enough time to sit down for a meal beforehand. The fast food option was sandwiches and I had a nice salmon and cream cheese at 550 calories. Then again last night we were at my friends and they make their own bread so I couldn't really say no to a tiny slice though.

I will stay off it now and see if it makes any difference.

Back