40 pounds in 5 months??

It is totally doable im doing extra easy and cannot believe the loses ive had over the last 4 weeks and loving it good luck hun xxx

Awww thanks medusa lol, why that name if u don't mind me asking..

That's just me being tongue in cheek Ymmymummy. :D In mytholgy Medusa was once a very beautiful woman. She was turned into an ugly monster by Athena who envied her beauty. Some historians think the story is a metaphor and Medusa represents the old pagan female/nature religion and turning her into a monster reflects spin doctoring by the new male dominated religions.

It just seemed appropriate ... not that I'm suggesting I was THAT gorgeous of course but looking back at pics of me I wasn't too bad at all. Wish I'd have realised it back then. :eek:

10st10lbs - I must pluck up the courage to have a photograph taken. And I'll dig out the tape measure later as well. :)

That's just me being tongue in cheek Ymmymummy. :D In mytholgy Medusa was once a very beautiful woman. She was turned into an ugly monster by Athena who envied her beauty. Some historians think the story is a metaphor and Medusa represents the old pagan female/nature religion and turning her into a monster reflects spin doctoring by the new male dominated religions.

It just seemed appropriate ... not that I'm suggesting I was THAT gorgeous of course but looking back at pics of me I wasn't too bad at all. Wish I'd have realised it back then. :eek:

10st10lbs - I must pluck up the courage to have a photograph taken. And I'll dig out the tape measure later as well. :)

ha ha yes i know the fable, she also turned people to stone lol, and had snakes as hair been a while but im pretty sure thats right??

yeah same i never felt pretty i used to get complimeted alot and would not know how to take it i would just shy away but since lo n ex going really lost myself n now wish i was back the way i was.

i will post my measurements tonight or tomorrow hope this encourages me xx

Kittykat -those losses are amazing. I must get more active too. My job is deskbound. Swimming is my thing but I'm too embarrassed at the moment to risk it. :eek:

Yummy - if it helps it took me a while but these days I do not recognise the person I was back in 2002. Years of living with someone determined to put me down in so many ways had totally smothered the person he'd been attracted to in the first place. :confused: I suspect it was fear on his part that the independent vibrant woman he met wouldn't stay with him so he had to make sure I didn't. I dunno. But being on my own and being solely responsible for raising our children (he is very much about for them but not on a day to day basis) made me even more independent and assertive than I have ever been. I'm useless at standing up for myself but for anyone else I am a complete witch!

So stick with it ... you will get stronger and stronger. One day at a time yes? :)

Ha ha yes, me too (a witch for others)..and think the way u described it us spot on my ex somehow me bein stupid n gullible made me give up my friends fam social life even made me change jobs.

I am independent and assertive nobody other than on here sees my hurt or weaknesses, I'm always smiling as my son needs a happy strong mum and this weight is going for me n my son.. My WI on mon, 3rd one do fai I lost 2 gained to so haven't really list anything yet hopin mon is a booster :)

Thank u Hun seriously means a lot (pushing the chocs away) lol

I can't see awards losses all the time as i use my iPhone rather than laptop 90% of time xx

kittykat said:
It is totally doable im doing extra easy and cannot believe the loses ive had over the last 4 weeks and loving it good luck hun xxx

Sorry I missed this Hun, thanks Hun i need it, hope doable for me, hope mon WI motivates me more as do give in to evil chocs at time!! X

Morning all,

Well I measured myself doesn't seem right n also guess the fact it was TOM means I've gone slightly smaller...

All in inches
Bust- 32
Waist-32
Hips-38.5
Thigh- 22
Upper arm- 11
Calves- 13.5
Height- 159cm
Weight- 11.5 1/2 stone

My hips n ass are my downfall n my face with 3 chins :( here goes thou I'm excited when should I measure again?? Anyone joinin me?? xx

I'll measure but I'm not posting anything!

Maybe when I'm down a few inches. ;)

On the plus side I have finally lost my star week weight - my morning weigh was 2lb down. It's given me a real boost. Even though I knew what was causing it, it's still so dispiriting to stay put.

Lol I have lost inches already as jus had my measurements done after Xmas n they wasn't that!! That's y I think I've done it wrong may get it done to make sure, a lot of people mentioned 30 day shred I'm just too lazy

WI 2moro for me I'll be gutted if no loss

X

I might just make it a monthly thing or even wait until every half stone.

I have until Thursday to shift some more. :D I'd better make a good job of it - we're moving offices next weekend and Friday evening is the "Drink The Cellar Dry" session where everything must go.:break_diet:

When lost...not if!

And that's not me in my avatar btw. All hail Ms Dawn French. :D

Sorry I missed this Hun, thanks Hun i need it, hope doable for me, hope mon WI motivates me more as do give in to evil chocs at time!! X

if choc is your thing have it but go for curly wurlys 7 syns finger of fudge 6 syns and little dairy milk bars 6 or 7 syns theres always a stock in my fridge !!

Kittykat -those losses are amazing. I must get more active too. My job is deskbound. Swimming is my thing but I'm too embarrassed at the moment to risk it. :eek:

Medus my job is deskbound too :eek: I love swimming did a 5k swimathon last yr not really bothered what i look like in a cossie coz the way i see if when your in the water who sees !!!! can you go at a quiet time ???

At the moment im going to a local gym that is not filled with wannabe models so feel more relaxed and im there for a reason FFS do i care what they think NO !!!!!!

My local pool is a bit of a dive but they do have adult sessions after 8 or 9pm I think. I'm OK once I'm in the water .. it's just the thnought of the walk of shame in and out that freaks me. :eek:

Swimming properly was out of the question until recently as I couldn't leave the kids home alone that late - daughter would have freaked, even with her older brother about.

We used to be members of a local gym (well me in the gym, them £45 a month for the kids club :rolleyes:) but it got way too expensive for me and the kids so we had to leave. They have a gorgeous pool - on one occasion I ended up sharing the jacuzzi with Ryan Giggs and the rest of the Welsh footie squad in the tiniest red speedos you can imagine. :D

Happy days... :p

They have a gorgeous pool - on one occasion I ended up sharing the jacuzzi with Ryan Giggs and the rest of the Welsh footie squad in the tiniest red speedos you can imagine. :D

Happy days... :p[/QUOTE]

Wow lucky u!! Totally understand what u mean I'm too shy now, went every week til uni, loved it. Isn't there anything other swimming u may like?? xx

kittykat said:
if choc is your thing have it but go for curly wurlys 7 syns finger of fudge 6 syns and little dairy milk bars 6 or 7 syns theres always a stock in my fridge !!

Thanks, Not big fan if curly wurly like pure chic have now discovered cadburys treat size pure choc collection, yum, total bliss :) have bought treat size packs now but can't let what I already got go to waste?

You have had lots of losses how have you been with ur syns I've completed 3 weeks of sw now, in that I think I've had 5 really bad days but this is the longest I've stuck to any diet, (although I don't really see sw as diet) n I'm improving as I go along..

X

Or a really good alternative for me is an options chocolate drink with a teaspoonful of coffee in it. Only 2 syns and the bonus is not only does it taste good but also makes me feel full.

Back