40 pounds in 5 months??

fillymum said:
Or a really good alternative for me is an options chocolate drink with a teaspoonful of coffee in it. Only 2 syns and the bonus is not only does it taste good but also makes me feel full.

I like highlights I am jus a choc synner lol, have u tried highlights mocha??I'm going to try adding coffe to my highlights tonight thanks, if I'm having skimmed milk as my HE then I usually add a little to my hot choc I know directions are just water but it makes it so much nicer, I'm wanting choc already now lol. WI tonight think I've lost, I have been better this week n have been making sure I do 10000 steps a day on pedometer x

I weigh in tomorrow yummymummy. :eek:

Lost 5.5lb last week and got Slimmer of the Month at my club. :D Not entirely sure how that worked .... :confused:

I hope I've lost again tomorrow. The scales here at home say I am but we'll see. I'm home all next week so a glass or 3 of wine in the evening will be a real temptation if the alarm isn't going off at half six as usual. Plus, mother has arranged a family get together on Wesdnesday. She's doing paella which could be great but I never quite know what she's put in it, despite introducing her to Fry Light. :D

Been walking more this week. We've moved offices and I'm now a 15 minute brisk walk from the station. We're also 6 floors up but the stairs are for another day I think. :eek::p

How are you getting on? :)

wow well done u!! I want an award lol. Dw bout wine n paella can burn it off with 6 flight of stairs ;) go on go for it, although I'm out of breath jus going up the stairs at home lol.

Maximus a loss it is all the same better than gaining. when are you going Florida n how much are u hoping to lose by then, I wish I was doing as well as u!! Sorry of this info is on ur profile can't see it on my phone.

i gained n still showing a gain a few days later don't understand I've been 100% :( makes me feel crappy I'm trying sooooo hard :(

xx

3lbs loss wooooo so happy :)

Sorry I missed this........that is just so good. Well done.

Hey u guys ok no1 posted on here fir a while, I've gained this week :( how everyone else done xx

This happens occasionally so don't beat yourself up over it. Just stick with it and if you want to shake things up try a fish week.

Lost half a pound only.

Never gonna lose the weight in time for Florida if I'm not careful:confused:

Listen Minimus, I call you minimus cos with your consistent weight losses there is nothing Maxi left of you.

You LOST !!!! You did not gain. You can not lose multiples of pounds every week. Half a pound is good and something to celebrate not despair over.

Florida is awaiting you, just think what fun you are going to have now you are fitter and more able to enjoy everything that is on offer there.

Thanks fillymum, n haha u tell him lol.

What is a fish week??

X

You do not eat any meat at all for a week. Just fish. I did a week of it and dropped an amazing 3lbs and that was after 2 weeks of STS. I was really pleased.

If you decide to go for it I found tuna in brine mixed with 0% fat fromage frei, finely chopped onion and cucumber and a few ryvitas was a tasty, cheap and cheerful, fish lunch. I bought A bag of Iceland's smoked haddock and used that in lots of recipes i.e. fish pie, haddock in a cheese sauce and the haddock just as it was. Salmon was another great dish and monk-fish was delicious.

Bulk out the fish with loads of free vegetables. I always used my spud allowance.

I was never hungry.

Good Luck !!!

198 grams of potatoes on a red day as an hexb and they are free on green days if they are not cooked with any fat or oil.

Check in your books and you will see it in the lists of foods allowed.

Good Luck Yummymummy.

hugs.

...tuna in brine mixed with 0% fat fromage frei, finely chopped onion and cucumber and a few ryvitas was a tasty, cheap and cheerful, fish lunch.

**makes notes** Thanks for that!! I am getting stuck for packed lunch ideas now they've taken the microwave away. Cold food or nothing. Meh!

Back from this week's weigh in...3.5lb down so 1 stone 5 lb in all since 6th Jan. I know next week will be a toughie so am counting it as lbs down in the bank if I have a grotty week.

Max - when are you off? Only 15lb to go. :) You've done amazingly well so far...a pound a week now is like 3-4lb a week at my level so don't knock it!!!

yummymummy - do you do green or red or EE days? I tend to go with EE as I'm lazy but I'm told chopping and changing works.

I don't do red days just green or EE.

Well done that's a big loss I been doing it over four weeks now n I've only lost a total 3lbs it's getting to me since yday I'm trying so hard just don't think I'll ever lose it

I don't do red days just green or EE.

Well done that's a big loss I been doing it over four weeks now n I've only lost a total 3lbs it's getting to me since yday I'm trying so hard just don't think I'll ever lose it

Just stick with it YM and one day when you get on those scales you will get the surprise of your life.

Are you doing your food diary yet?? What is a rough idea of what you eat each day ??

I find keeping a pan of free soup and a bowl of chopped fruit in the fridge are my salvation. Even keeping a couple of hard boiled eggs in the fridge to nibble on is a great help. If you enjoy celery that is another goody to chomp on and think of the calories you will burn whilst chomping away on it. A fresh, tasty snack is an apple sliced into segments and dipped into a free yogurt.

SW does work . Do you go to group and do you have all the info??

Good morning fillymum,

Thanks I just don't know why I'm not losing, everyone else are losing regularly. Was hoping to lose half stone in first month but it didn't happen not even a quarter stone. I attend group I filled the forms got the book, but she hasn't discussed anything with me, it's a really big group she doesn't get enough time, I approached her bout something last week n she just walked away :( everything I learn is from you guys on here.

this week I have tried green days too not jus EE, n had lots of SS foods so I really want at least 3lbs off on WI mon.

Mon tues I had green day n pretty much same food-

Breakfast- banana 2 w/meal toast with baked beans

Lunch- w/wheat (mon-rice, tues-pasta)with canned toms, onions, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, sweetcorn and peas. (More veg than pasta)

Snack- fat free cherry activia, fruit bowl- mon- mixed melon, tues- tropical mango pineapple melon. 2 w/meal cheese on toast (hex a and b)

Dinner-same as lunch.

Plenty of water, n diet drink.

12 syns all towards choc

Wed extra easy

Breakfast banana, 2 w/meal toast with bacon n egg

Lunch- tuna in brine boiled eggs cheese salad toms cucumber lettuce carrots

Snacks- FF cherry activia, veg medley mushrooms onions peas sweetcorn tomatoes. Pineapple. Mushy peas.

Dinner- roast chicken with sw chips rest of salad and green beans.

Syns again chocs 12.

Water n diet drink

I've eaten lots of melon peas cos they have the SS oh n every morning I've had warm water with fresh lemon juice (SS) first thing. If I get hungry I normally jus eat a raw carrot lol helps my iron too.

I really want to do this but getting disheartened and I keep seeing my big tyres n think it's never going to happen.

Is my diary ok??

xx

That looks OK to me :confused: ... but I'm not an old hat at this.

Looking at what I've eaten this week I think I've eaten more than that yummymummy. Are you eating enough? And I have a LOT to lose ... I don't expect to eat as much and lose as much as I get nearer target. How much do you want to lose?

This is what I had Mon- Wed of this week to compare:

Breakfast (about 7.45am) - 2 rashers bacon, egg, mushrooms and small amount fried potato

Lunch (about 12.30pm) - huge bowl of rocket, cucumber, peppers, cold new pots, boiled egg, prawns or chicken, balsamic vinegar with ML yogurt

Supper (about 7pm) spag bol (all free) with teaspoon parmesan or chicken stir fry with noodles or lean pork steaks with veg and gravy (from granules)

Snacks - fruit, slices of ham and a daily hi fi bar or 2 finger kit kat.

hey medusa

although i put it as lunch and dinner i have 6 meals a day n not small either im always hungry. LO was ill so was less time for cooking n kept delaying shopping. done big shop today.

this week im going to make few little changes and see what happens, for example no fizzy drink after WI mon i know we're allowed diet fizzy but i just want to see and I'm going to drink plenty of water have set alarm on my phone every hour so i cant forget. and hex a im going to try skimmed milk instead of cheese.

i really jus want to lose even if it a pound a week atm i feel im trying so hard n still gaining, before i started sw i did go docs cos i was worried i had thyroid as my nan had it and for no reason kept gaining weight, but no excuse im jus gaining :(

want to lose 40lbs, so far in 5 weeks just lost 3 of that.

thanks for listening and helping.

xx

Doh!! What an idiot I am. :D The thread title is a dead giveaway and I completely forgot it. :eek:

I know from my class the usual advice for those who hit a glitch is to mix it up a bit and eat other things. Your body does get used to certain types of food I think and you might have to surprise it. ;)

Hi Yummy Mummy, I think you are well on track and doing everything you can to lose weight.

It will happen, I promise you.

Thanks guys and ha ha I'm so dopey I started the thread n forgot the answer in the title!! Lol. Yh think I have to spice it up a bit lol, its not the only thing that needs spicing up in my life :eek:

Hope ur all having a lovely weekend :)

xx

Back