40lb in 12 weeks

Java1975

Hi All

On day 5 and just writing down some of my goals. My first one is 40lb in 12 weeks, do you think this is possible ? I did lose 60 lbs in 12 weeks when I did LL 2 years ago and kept fully abstained from foods which I intend to do this time, just this time im doing it myself with extante and I am lighter than last time what do you think guys:confused: xx

Hi Jane,

I'm also on D5, of course it is possible, but don't set yourself up to fail, set more achievable goals/targets each month and anything else is a brucie bonus!!

Good luck!!

Also...

On WI day try to measure your neck, upper arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh and calf. That way if you haven't lost as much weight as you would have liked, you can still see the changes in body shape (especially if your exercising).

When I was going to the gym 3 times a week. I only did cardio (bike, treadmill and xtrainer) plus abs+core and I stayed at 16 1/2 stone for 6 months (yes six months) but my body changed shape.

It's all too easy to rely on just the scales alone and beat yourself up when they don't read what you want them too.

I've been there :)

Hi I lurvedecake
Your so right no point in setting myself up for failure. The reason for the 12 weeks is that im due to go on hols Sep 2011 so would love to be that lighter :) . How is your week going ? do u feel u are in ketosis yet ? Good Luck :)

Hi Jane,

I'm on holiday at butlins (it's for the kids, honest! :D) 9 weeks Monday and have set myself a goal of 2 stone over the 10 weeks (that way anything else will be fandabbydozy). I'm feeling pretty good so far (apart from seeming to have go for a wee every hour :)), not sure if I'm in ketosis, but i've been 100% so I must be by now.

My week has been ok, I won't lie, a couple of times I have had to remind myself of why i'm on the diet (when the kids leave fish fingers or chicken on their plate) but I feel better after I've put it in the bin :)

If you've done LL, the impression I get from these forums is that you'll find TS much nicer.

I add pepper to the veg & mush soups, cayenne chili pepper to tom & thai soups, a spoon of espesso to the banana/choc/vanilla shakes and I enjoy every last drop :D

i start tommorow im excited but think i will struggle the first few days as i have kids and have to cook for them, how did everyone else get through the first few days ?

Hi AmZie,

I've cooked the kids tea every night this week and the worse thing of all is the smell, be strong and try to make sure you don't pick (I'll admit it did cross my mind :))

If you can, get them to clear their own plates and if they're too young, do it after having your bar/shake/soup, that way the temptation won't be as great ;)

Forgot to mention, I'm on Week 1, Day 5 and I cooked my son one of my favorite foods for tea tonight (Hot and Spicy Chicken). But it was kinda nice being able to smell it tbh, lol how sad am I (no comments on the above plz :D)

Brilliant mine will easy clear up themselves how do you feel with the tiredness etc x

I've been lucky, might be a male thing, I've not felt tired or dizzy at all so far. All I know is that I'm feeling pretty good now and W1D5 is almost over :D

How you feeling now Jane?

Hi Amzie

Welcome and good luck :)
My first few days just had what I could in bars and shakes, drank as much as I could and locked myself up stairs with my laptop. Had a few baths aswell lol. As for leftovers theres only me and my boyfriend so he is clearing everything away and cooking most things so not so bad with been tempted. Im on D5 and feel great I do have ups and downs of energy but find if I drink more it seems to level it out. Im starting back at swimming tomorrow so might start feeling a bit tried but will hopefully not. Good Luck with your first day keep with the postitive mental attitude lol xx

PS - Ilurvdecakes - Promise i wont chuckle at your smelling habits lol x

Hi Ilurvdecakes

Im feeling good today. Im loving the fact of a cheeky coke zero, never did this with LL so feels really good. I have been weeing on the sticks all day to check the coke is not causing me to go out of ketosis and its not which is brill. Im starting to go swimming tomorrow so hope my energy levels keep up lol. How are you ? Hope your ok, just think it will be soon the end of our first week lol. Cant wait to see what the scales say xxx

I'm feeling good too, I'm sure I must be in ketosis by now. I'm going to start cycling to work next week, probably just Tuesday and Thursday to begin with. It's a 7 mile round trip, with some hilly bits, so it should give me a good work out :)

I'm at a football tournament all day tomorrow with my son. So I might struggle a bit as we will be leaving the house at 07:45. I'll have my shake literally just before we leave and I'm taking a 500ml bottle of coke zero, 2.5ltrs of water and two bars. (2nd one is just in case we're not home by 17:30).

But I can't wait until Monday to jump on the scales, and with any luck, this time they won't tell me "one person at a time please!" :D

I'll be on here as soon as I can to find out how you've done. GL with the swimming, excellent exercise as it's totally non weight bearing.

Well done have you had good losses and what keeps you going when you feel hungry x

Hi Amzie
No sure on the weight loss yet but will know on Monday im hoping its good lol. Good look with your start :)

Good Luck folks! Im on Week 1 Day 3. Ive done this before on Lipotrim and lost 3st 10lb in 3 months but Im giving this a second shot. Ill let you know how I fare out on Thursday when I weigh in. Been 100% so hoping its good ;)

so far day one is going ok, i feel starving now but just been looking at them lovely dresses a size less than what i am so that has boost me into remembering why im here, i will be in a 16 in 9 weeks (im an 18 now) so i am hoping.

I'm sure you will, if you can hold that thought, it will help drive you to your goal.

Remember, the first fews days are the hardest, get through them and you'll be laughing :D

Back