40th Birthday Cake I Made - WARNING PICS!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
So here as some people have asked are the pics of the 40th birthday cake i have made. Am a bit aprehensive of posting these but ya know what it's something i love to do and something im getting pretty good at (even if i do say so myself) so i shouldnt be scared about posting them but hey ho!

She is mad about shopping - hence the little shopping bags on the side of the cake.

Only going to put a couple up otherwise i might endear an ear bashing :sigh: (although i've put a warning in the title)

So please, dont earbash me! There is a warning pics in the title so if you didnt want to see pics of cake you needn't have.

Hope you all like - my own design - im pretty happy with it! lol :cool:

Attachments

• DSC04412.jpg
    DSC04412.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 14,194
  • DSC04419.jpg
    DSC04419.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 5,290
Reactions: Taz
You are just brill, Summergurl.

Wow, it looks really professional! you'll be able to set up your own cake business with all the practice you're getting on LT!

Ah thanks girls!

dd - duno about proffessional looking - its nowhere near that stage yet! lol Aslong as it tastes good im happy - have to wait untill tomorrow for the real judgement - the birthday girl! lol

Cool - thanks :)

They are done with a little stamp that you press lightly onto the icing once its on the cake and then they are dusted with ediable dust. Its actually gold but the camera is crap lol

Looks really good well done you, sorry you've had a few negative comments, if baking and being creative is getting you through this diet then why not share it , Your always 100% supportive to all the threads, and you've given some brilliant adviceYour not condoning cheating or offering ways to cheat so you go for it!.
Your cakes look amazing and my mouth has been watering lol, For some people it may prove a temptation but i'm looking at it as motivation, you've done so well and proving life still goes on On LT...xx

I agree with dd26 it does look professional. Absolutely fab!

Aw thanks yumyum - i was aprehensive about posting this but then i thought no, what the heck! im proud that ive found something i LOVE to do and i love it that much i want to share:)

I also agree with yumyum. Your cakes do look delish but it makes me want to learn how to bake not to go to the fridge and stuff me face.

Yup - ya know i love to bake and cook but this is all teaching me that you CAN do these things and NOT pick whilst doing so!!!! Those are bad habits i had that no longer exist and will no longer exist - its a learning curve that i LOVE!!

p.s - have i mentioned i love it?!!!! hahaha

Lovely ! You've got a talent !

Aw thanks yumyum - i was aprehensive about posting this but then i thought no, what the heck! im proud that ive found something i LOVE to do and i love it that much i want to share:)

Ohh ignore them hun. I know everyone has a right to their opinion, fair enough, but they don't have to look at threads mentioning food or showing food if they don't want to. Just look at Jan..she's always posting messages on threads, being 100% supportive and giving great advice, but shes just made it clear in a perfectly nice way that she won't read threads involving cheating or eating etc as she finds it easier not to. No harm in that is there!

I have to say i'm with you...if anyone thinks they can take their mind off food then they are crazy and unrealistic. Food is everywhere, all the time, 24/7 and you have to learn to deal with it. I started off on Lt the first time trying to avoid it, but it's impossible. Credit where its due though to those who try to or who have been able to for exactly that reason! To be able to look at your pictures of cakes or see food in general and say to yourself "ohh that looks lovely, could just do with a piece!" is fine! It's normal and healthy to want nice things! If you look at pictures or see actual food and it starts to make you angry, annoyed, depressed, or hard done to then you know there are underlying issues to start to deal with. Perfect example of what Lipotrim teaches you to do! Retrain your thinking about food. This is a supportive forum and for you, myself and many others, baking and cooking is a sort of therapy for this diet and so for many it's a form of support :D xx

Ah i couldnt of put it better myself louize - thanks :)

That looks amazing, well done! xx

they look sooo yummy. i wish i was allowed cake.;)

Cool - thanks :)

They are done with a little stamp that you press lightly onto the icing once its on the cake and then they are dusted with ediable dust. Its actually gold but the camera is crap lol

Hey Summer
Your cake looks lovely and yummy and very well made, and I'm with you that you can still bake and cook lovely food and just NOT pick because you are doing LT for yourself but doesn't mean anyone else must suffer because of it and you can still cook for the family and friends.
I'm exactly the same and if my hubby and I go out and he wants to say eat in a cafe I tell him to do it because why should he suffer because of my weight problem
Sorry ..... a bit of a rant there lol :):)
Anyway keep posting those pics so us strong ones can drool if we want to :drool::drool:

Lol caterpillar thanks for yer words :)

Back