46lbs - a journey with a small spoon !

Hi hun, just thought I would pop for a nose :) Love the name of your diary!!

Your trouser story did make me giggle (not the embarassment factor!!) but I can really relate - I was wondering round the supermarket on friday and spent most of my time pulling my trousers up - most attractive :8855:

You seem to be doing fantastic hun - keep up the good work!! x

thanks! you best be getting a belt by the sounds of it ...and quick !

xx

Had a blip last night with three thick slices of toast ( just sugar free marmalade, no butter ) but back on track today.

The snow delayed the flight of a friend of mine on sunday. She lives a fair distance from me but was stuck at her daughter's, which is only 7 miles away. We've just met for lunch and chatted for two hours! It made me realise that while Im really happy with my relocation to live with my other half, I can be a bit lonely and miss company during the day. Up to me to find ways to fix this!

I was a bit worried about finding something to eat, especially after yesterday's bread craving...but i had a lovely jacket potato with a huge salad and two pots of green tea. The tea did come with the cutest little heart shaped shortbread - about the size of a two pound coin but with the centre cut out . It was yummy and i'll just syn it.

there are also three jobs I can apply for, after 4 weeks of there being nothing really that was suitable. Two are with offenders and working with the secure estate, and the other is with Parkinsons UK. Just have to keep applying for anything I think i can turn my hand to and not get too despondent if Im not successful. Like losing weight, Im in it for the long game

hope you're all having a good day xx

Reached my first stone today , in just a calendar month ! Im very happy :D

I know things will slow down but if I can continue at a pound or two a week Im going to hit target long before I hoped to...who knows, I might not have to hide from cameras in the summer rather than christmas !!

xx

Off to London tonight for three days so Im a bit worried about being able to keep to plan while Im away. I guess all I can do is make the best possible choices when eating out and not see it as an excuse just to throw away the whole plan for the sake of it for the days Im away from home.

hope everyone's had a good weekend x

Hiya piX,

Hope you've had a great time in London and you have a successful WI today?

I'm sorry I've not been in touch in a while. It's all explained in my own thread. Anyhoo, I'm totally made up for you that you lost your first stone!! :0clapper:You must have been thrilled to see that on the scales? I'm sure I won't be too far behind you now. I've changed to a Friday WI myself now so I'll aim for a big loss next week.

Have a lovely day and a good weekend if I don't hear from you before.

Kev X

I gained a pound but that wasnt unexpected after a few days away. I tried to do the best i could but I enjoyed my evening meals and even with a salad for main I still had a creme brulee for dessert and a bottle of breton cider. I decided I wasnt going to stress and as long as i didnt throw the whole plan out of the window I wasnt going to put on a stone in three days and undo "all" the good work so far.

been a bit low yesterday and today and soooo wanted to comfort eat, but I recognised it and have tried not to though I did have a hot chocolate at hockey, which fended off the real craving which was for a big bag of chocolate buttons !

meeting my elder son in Sheffield tomorrow so that will cheer me up as I miss him and his brother a lot xx

One pound after a trip away is nothing to worry about piX although I see from your last post that you pretty much knew that anyway. I think as long as we stay switched on and careful, it's easy enough to follow the plan in most situations. For example, I went out for dinner with my family on Friday night and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful steak. I had potatoes instead of chips and roughly synned the sauce and walked away guilt free. It was a very pleasant feeling after having such a lovely meal.

Have a great time with your son in Sheffield today.

Kev X

thanks Kev, I appreciate the encouragement xx

I managed the same at Meadowhell today ..we went into Harvester and i had chicken breast with non buttered potatoes and loads of salad - just sinned the lovely bordelaise sauce ( only had half the little pot as it was so rich ) and added a few for the oil that was likely to be on the grill and came away feeling full and guilt free like you did. Cravings have lessened too which has helped ! x

I was out last night with my man and his dad...pulled out a skirt I've never worn as it was too small and it fitted! A little tight on the waist but an A line cut so it looked good and not so tight I was bulging over the top like a sausage in too small a skin !

that was pleasure enough, but when I got home and took it off I found it wasnt the size 16 I thought ...it was a 14 !! Hence it feeling a little tight, but it was a bloody size 14 !!!!

not made enough to think all 14s will suddenly fit but its a huge boost and Im still smiling :D:D

I can really do this :bliss:

finding it hard to stay on track at the mo, though not doing anything dreadful I know Im in danger of thinking " that little something wont hurt" when in fact its all the little somethings that got me to be a lard arse in the first place !

Think I might start to list what Im eating on here to see if that helps.. it's probably only me who reads it but its my head that needs keeping in the right place.

2lbs loss for me, so after a 1lb gain last week it takes me back under the stone mark again. Happy :)

2lbs loss for me, so after a 1lb gain last week it takes me back under the stone mark again. Happy :)
See now you're just making me jealous!! I fully intend to catch up with you next week though. Just thought I should warn you to watch out!! Lol.

Seriously though, I know how tempting the 'little something' temptations can be and within reason and under control they can still be allowed. When I think back to my own timw pre diet though, those little somethings weren't really all that little at all. I actually think the worst thing we can give ourselves is a loss after a week where we don't feel like we've really tried. That leads to complacency. The trick is to try and outdo yourself each week I reckon. I'm going out for a couple of beers with a mate tonight so I'm going to have to make up for it later in the week but it is going to make me try that much harder and give me something to push against almost. I think I might be better at playing catch up rather than maintaining a steady pace. Maybe that's just me though.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll let you get on.

Keep up the good effort.

Kev X

See now you're just making me jealous!! I fully intend to catch up with you next week though. Just thought I should warn you to watch out!! Lol.

Seriously though, I know how tempting the 'little something' temptations can be and within reason and under control they can still be allowed. When I think back to my own timw pre diet though, those little somethings weren't really all that little at all. I actually think the worst thing we can give ourselves is a loss after a week where we don't feel like we've really tried. That leads to complacency. The trick is to try and outdo yourself each week I reckon. I'm going out for a couple of beers with a mate tonight so I'm going to have to make up for it later in the week but it is going to make me try that much harder and give me something to push against almost. I think I might be better at playing catch up rather than maintaining a steady pace. Maybe that's just me though.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll let you get on.

Keep up the good effort.

Kev X

thanks Kev, that's exactly what I needed to read. I'm attempting to make soup from scratch today as we had roast chicken two days ago, I used the left over chicken for a spanish omlettey type thing last night and i usually just bin the rest.

I walked into the village earlier to get my eggs from the pet shop with 6 boxes to return! I think Im becoming a good customer :D

thanks again xx

thanks Kev, that's exactly what I needed to read. I'm attempting to make soup from scratch today as we had roast chicken two days ago, I used the left over chicken for a spanish omlettey type thing last night and i usually just bin the rest.

I walked into the village earlier to get my eggs from the pet shop with 6 boxes to return! I think Im becoming a good customer :D

thanks again xx
God, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I'm going through eggs like they're going out of fashion!! It's good that I really like them then I suppose. Lol. I must say though that I've never heard of someone going to a pet shop to buy eggs. I like the idea of that though. It does sound terribly country village like. It's quite sad in a way that even though I live in a fairly isolated part of the country with beautiful ragged coastlines and unspoiled nature spots I still buy my eggs from Tesco. Changing times I guess. Mind you, I don't suppose isolated means what it used to. I can get to London from Orkney in about 3 hours and that includes flight transfer time in a larger Scottish airport.

I'm just salivating at the idea of home made soup, leftover chicken and spanish omelette. It must be approaching lunch time!! I think I'm going to go for a baked potato today filled with cooked chicken and sweetcorn filling. I may even spice it up a bit with a splash of Tobasco or sprinkle of paprika. Ooh, now I really am feeling hungry. Only 30 minutes to go!!

Kev X

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I'm going through eggs like they're going out of fashion!! It's good that I really like them then I suppose. Lol. I must say though that I've never heard of someone going to a pet shop to buy eggs. I like the idea of that though. It does sound terribly country village like. It's quite sad in a way that even though I live in a fairly isolated part of the country with beautiful ragged coastlines and unspoiled nature spots I still buy my eggs from Tesco. Changing times I guess. Mind you, I don't suppose isolated means what it used to. I can get to London from Orkney in about 3 hours and that includes flight transfer time in a larger Scottish airport.

I'm just salivating at the idea of home made soup, leftover chicken and spanish omelette. It must be approaching lunch time!! I think I'm going to go for a baked potato today filled with cooked chicken and sweetcorn filling. I may even spice it up a bit with a splash of Tobasco or sprinkle of paprika. Ooh, now I really am feeling hungry. Only 30 minutes to go!!

Kev X

hope you enjoyed your lunch :) The village I'm in isn't tiny, well not in comparison to some of the others around here. It's got a proper village centre with everything you need. We're househunting now I've moved up full time and I think I'd find it hard to live somewhere where there is nothing at all except houses. The pet shop does it's own free range eggs so I prefer there to the Co-op next door :)

I'm feeling really hungry today, maybe hormone related, so Ive just chopped up a huge bowl of fruit salad so that I can dip into that instead of being tempted by anything else - well I can only try lol xx

hope you enjoyed your lunch :) The village I'm in isn't tiny, well not in comparison to some of the others around here. It's got a proper village centre with everything you need. We're househunting now I've moved up full time and I think I'd find it hard to live somewhere where there is nothing at all except houses. The pet shop does it's own free range eggs so I prefer there to the Co-op next door :)

I'm feeling really hungry today, maybe hormone related, so Ive just chopped up a huge bowl of fruit salad so that I can dip into that instead of being tempted by anything else - well I can only try lol xx
To be honest, I bet your village would be classed as a small town here! The house hunting sounds very exciting. My GF and I did moved in together about a year and a half ago after deciding while on holiday that we both wanted a nicer house. I loved looking round all the houses and trying to picture our stuff in each one. In the end we never found something perfect so we made the decision to build our own. We started it last February and moved in to it in August. This is why I had the mini digger last weekend. The garden is still a building site and I really want it to be a lot more. Outside entertaining is what I'm looking for so we can take advantage of both sunny days we get in Orkney each year!! Lol. Best of luck on your hunting though. I hope you find something amazing.

Well done on the fruit salad by the way. I would definitely have gone for something worse if I'd had so much hunger. I ended up having a couple of wraps for lunch instead of a baked potato so I'll need to Syn them but it was nice for a change.

Kev X

Today's food - Green day

Breakfast - 2x weetabix (HexB)
milk ( HexA )
2 x gala apples

Snack - 10 cal jelly with fresh rasberries (0.5 syn )

Lunch : 2 fried eggs in FryLight
2/3 tin baked beans
apple

Snack : cola chuppa chups lolly ( my new best friend as it lasted ages for 2.5 syns! )

Dinner: Homemade chicken and vegetable soup - 2 large bowls as having one for supper later ( HexB for chicken )
Crusty roll ( 6 syns? )
Huge bowl of fresh fruit salad with sugar free 7-up on it

total 9 syns
didnt use all my milk so probably have a hot choc later for another couple of syns

Homemade soup was delicious but I must remember to wear an apron next time I use the hand blender though :eek:

as usual I didnt eat as well with it being the weekend. I didn't eat badly, but i tend not to eat enough as we tend to eat around going into town for the ice hockey. I certainly didnt get my Hex's .

green day

-late Breakfast - bowl fruit salad
-4pm meal - red pepper risotto and salad
-10.30 - small bowl of risotto and bowl of fruit salad

2 x hobnob creams 7 syns
hot choc - milk from my HexA + 3.5 syns

total syns 10.5

not been 100% for a few days now but just made myself eat a bowl of salad with some egg and a banana / apple. Pain levels are really high which kills my appetite :-(

Back