46lbs - a journey with a small spoon !

feeling worse this morning so I dragged my sorry arse to the doctors in the village. Bloods taken there and then - nearly keeled over as I was already feeling rough :(

can't really worry about the plan at the mo, though that's more about not eating nearly enough rather than the wrong things. Will probably cause my body to feel starved and hang on to everything !

Get well soon.

Kev X

hello you...hows things?

a 1lb loss for me . As its * week (starting this morning) and I'm unwell and on anti-b's and not eaten hardly anything for 3 days it Might mean for a bigger loss next week though :) but I really just need to get well this week.

I'm a bit disappointed in how slow its been over the past few weeks compared to the first month, but I did chase a few pounds to london and back and I know the first few weeks are always highest ...a pound a week will still get me to where I want to be. I'm at 12 and a half stone this morning and that's a good marker psychologically as I'll be closer to 11 stone than 13 stones by next week ! :D

xx

hello you...hows things?

a 1lb loss for me . As its * week (starting this morning) and I'm unwell and on anti-b's and not eaten hardly anything for 3 days it Might mean for a bigger loss next week though :) but I really just need to get well this week.

I'm a bit disappointed in how slow its been over the past few weeks compared to the first month, but I did chase a few pounds to london and back and I know the first few weeks are always highest ...a pound a week will still get me to where I want to be. I'm at 12 and a half stone this morning and that's a good marker psychologically as I'll be closer to 11 stone than 13 stones by next week ! :D

xx
Excellent news on the 1lb loss!! I hate the fact that Tesco has pinched the phrase, 'Every little helps' cos it would be so apt in so many of these threads!! Lol. I just don't want to sound like I'm endorsing them or anything!!

Kev X

thanks Kev, I'd be moaning if I'd put a pound on, so I'll appreciate the loss !

Hoping for results of blood tests soon, but not hoping they will find what they suspect though it will make sense of the three years of poor health and neurological problems I've had. Bit of a double edged sword.

feeling a bit brighter today and much more comfortable so I might venture out and get some fresh air. Didnt even make the hockey on saturday - unheard of!

xxx

Hi piX,

Sorry to hear you missed the hockey. Can't be doing that too often lass!

I hope your blood tests come back the way you want. My bloods that were taken a few weeks ago came back negative but the doctor is convinced I have epilepsy so is supposed to be making me an appointment with a neurologist. So, I have to wait until that comes through before going away for yet more tests. I can sort of see what you're going through even though I've only been ill for a short period of time. I really, really don't want to have epilepsy but I also don't want to keep getting these funny 'seizures' either. They don't cause me too much stress but I was sort of hoping I was just tired or something. Time will tell though I guess.

Anyhoo, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the best possible outcome whatever that may be. Just try to keep smiling.

Kev X

have sent a private message.

as for the hockey .. I know! only a couple of home games left and then the play offs . I hate the off season..roll on september ;-)

Morning piX, how are you this morning? I hope all is well and rosy!!

Thanks for the PM. I think I replied and the icon says that your message is a replied to message but I have nothing in my sent box and I can't seem to find any way to see what I've sent. did you get a reply? If not, I'll have to send another reply.

Have you always been a hockey fan? I got in to it many years ago when I was at school and would follow the NHL but sort of stopped following it a few years later. I always thought it would be a game I'd enjoy playing because I could skate quite well and I never really liked football (and still don't). Unfortunately though there's no ice rink here so I never got to find out if I'd enjoy it or not. In fact, it's been many years since I've even skated. I wonder if I can still even do it (excuse the delay as I drift off in nostalgic thought! Lol). I'll definitely have to get the wee fella skating sometime. He's bound to want a pair of Rollerblades soon enough. All children want them at some point I'm sure. I was determined to get my first pair after watching a god-awful film called Prayer of Rollerboys starring Corey Haim. I say god-awful but I did find it amazing at the time!! Lol. Ah, memories!!

Anyhoo, I need to stop waffling and get back to work. Have a lovely day! X

Hi Kev, thanks for the reply .. we both learnt how to use messages yesterday!

I've been out for most of the day here, realising that Im actually quite lonely at the mo ( all together now, Aaaah ! ). I saw a notice in the library for a craft and chat group... so I went, even though I nearly bottled out as I got to the door lol . I was the youngest by about 20 years but they were really friendly and it was nice to have some company. I also stuck my camera in the car and drove to a privately owned tudor house which was having an open afternoon. The owner was a real sweetie and had lots of interesting stories and information. I walked down the long drive with another lady and we ended up looking round together, so more company. As G's been working away for a couple of days it really lifted my spirits.

I hope you've had a good day and work wasnt too bad xx

Hi Kev, thanks for the reply .. we both learnt how to use messages yesterday!

I've been out for most of the day here, realising that Im actually quite lonely at the mo ( all together now, Aaaah ! ). I saw a notice in the library for a craft and chat group... so I went, even though I nearly bottled out as I got to the door lol . I was the youngest by about 20 years but they were really friendly and it was nice to have some company. I also stuck my camera in the car and drove to a privately owned tudor house which was having an open afternoon. The owner was a real sweetie and had lots of interesting stories and information. I walked down the long drive with another lady and we ended up looking round together, so more company. As G's been working away for a couple of days it really lifted my spirits.

I hope you've had a good day and work wasnt too bad xx
Morning piX

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I can't for the life of me even remember what I did last night. Little Ninjas got cancelled for the wee fella :( so it wasn't that. Let me think.......

Right, I got home from work, cooked dinner (risotto), ate dinner, tidied kitchen a bit, played with Lego :D, bathed wee fella, played with Lego :D, read bed time stories, sang bedtime songs, made shadows in night light, stripped and changed bed, finished tidying kitchen, took dog for a power walk, watched about half an hour of TV, went to bed! That was my evening in a nutshell really!!

Well done for having the balls to go to the craft group. I'm terrible at joining groups. It can't be easy living in a new place when your OH is working away. Sounds like you're doing all the right things though. My GF isn't from here and immediately tried to join in with things when she moved up. Turns out she now has a far busier social life than me with all the groups and things she attends.

So, we're now half way through the week and I'm thinking what I still have to achieve at work this week. I just noticed that I've been in half an hour this morning already and haven't actually done any work but I guess that's one of the perks of having a quiet office out of the boss's way! Lol. Not feeling a whole lot of motivation so far but I figure it will come eventually.

So, have a lovely day and see what enjoyable things you can get up to.

Kev X

negelected here a bit ! I liked the idea of playing with lego...took me back to my two being small, and even further to my brother being small - he was a real whizz with lego! A friend of mine helped do a bit of the enormous lego christmas tree that was at St Pancras station this year. Im not sure she could identify "her" branch though!

been to manchester all day today as G was working there. Wandered about with the camera, got some cracking graffiti in the northern quarter..and stuff a huge lunch at Harvester before attacking the Imperial War museum. So now my legs ache but it's been a good day :)

not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, the meds Im on have really messed with my eating ( all or nothing ) but Im feeling a lot better so that's what I have to focus on. Still no results from the blood tests yet and Im impatient. Tempted to stuff myself with things I know I might not be able to eat too !

hope youve had a good day xx

negelected here a bit ! I liked the idea of playing with lego...took me back to my two being small, and even further to my brother being small - he was a real whizz with lego! A friend of mine helped do a bit of the enormous lego christmas tree that was at St Pancras station this year. Im not sure she could identify "her" branch though!

been to manchester all day today as G was working there. Wandered about with the camera, got some cracking graffiti in the northern quarter..and stuff a huge lunch at Harvester before attacking the Imperial War museum. So now my legs ache but it's been a good day :)

not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, the meds Im on have really messed with my eating ( all or nothing ) but Im feeling a lot better so that's what I have to focus on. Still no results from the blood tests yet and Im impatient. Tempted to stuff myself with things I know I might not be able to eat too !

hope youve had a good day xx
Sounds like you had a busy day? Hope it was a blast.

I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you regarding your results. I think you need to resist that temptation though! Man up and say no to those treats!!! Lol, that's my motivational bit coming out for when I lose 5 stone and become a SW consultant in Orkney! Aye right!

I hope you get some good news at WI today. I know my loss has given me a real spring in my step today. You can't be letting me catch up on your loss though! Make sure you stay in the lead. You beat me to a stone, you can beat me to 1.5 stones!!

Kev X

a pound lost again this week...slow and steady I guess this past few weeks which is frustrating but understandable.

I can see you've hit your stone..great stuff!! I'll pop to your thread and congratulate you properly :D xx

a pound lost again this week...slow and steady I guess this past few weeks which is frustrating but understandable.

I can see you've hit your stone..great stuff!! I'll pop to your thread and congratulate you properly :D xx
Congratulations!! Slow and steady is the way to go. Have you read the article which Arctic_Blonde_Not_Grey posted on my thread yesterday? It's quite a good wee read and helped set my mind at rest about the small losses I was having. We'll both get there in the end. XX

yes, I just did ..very helpful xx

also I looked at my BMI..I started at 29, right on the cusp of overweight and obese, and now I'm at 26.5 so sitting much better in the overweight band and closer to the healthy band, though I'm aiming for the middle of that (around 22/23).

yes, I just did ..very helpful xx

also I looked at my BMI..I started at 29, right on the cusp of overweight and obese, and now I'm at 26.5 so sitting much better in the overweight band and closer to the healthy band, though I'm aiming for the middle of that (around 22/23).
There's a scary thought! My goal BMI is more than your start one!! Lol. I don't like or agree with BMI though so I'm not really worried about it. I'll be the first person to admit that I am overweight and I'm prepared to work hard to get that weight down. What I refuse to believe though is that I should be 10 stone!! I would look ill if I got down that low. I read an interesting article a few months ago that showed what a crock BMI actually was. The cusp of it is that it's a mathematical formula based on a theoretical average. It has no relation to weight or health at all. We have the technology to measure body fat content. Surely that's a better indicator? As an example, all of the sprinters in the olympics this year will have BMI's putting them in the obsese category.

Please now accept my apologies for ranting on your thread. Lol. I'll be quiet now! :D X

Before I let it go completely, I typed 'BMI is wrong' in to Google and this was the first hit:

Top 10 Reasons Why The BMI Is Bogus : NPR

I've not seen this article before but it completely agrees with how I feel and makes for an interesting read. X

hi Rosie, thanks so much for the welcome. Like you Im not working due to some health issues - life loves it's challenges doesn't it! I figure typing on here will stop me reaching for food too...or the Jeremy Kyle show !

Read the bit about JK and felt compelled to reply, no-one should be so desperate that they are reduced to watching Jeremy, mr Been there done that knows best.:D

Right I'll carry on and read the rest of your diary now that;s done, BBS;)

lol Kev, you rant away ! x

hi sherlann - glad Im not alone thinking that ..see you soon on here, I hope x

Back