46lbs - a journey with a small spoon !

Thanks Pix!! I think my losses are slowing down now though. I worked my ass of this week, stuck to plan 100%, ate speed soup for 3 days and everyday was around 5 syns as I wanted to lose 4lbs to get me into the 11's. No luck though as I had a sts! I knew it would eventually slow down but now it is, I'm gutted :p

Your looking very slinky on your pictures!!! :D Very jelous you met Jason Manford, there is something very sexy about him (or maybe thats just me). I saw him at channel 4's comedy gala last year which was a laugh but I didn't get to meet him. I'm a big fan of Lee Evans, he gives me belly ache too! He was at the comedy gala too but just repeated old material. Although we went to see him last October in Sheffield and he had new material and had me in fits of laugher!! (Sorry I'm rambling now haha)

Hope you have a lovely week :)

xxx

we saw Lee vans in nottingham...my younger son has autism and absolutely loves him so we got him tickets for his 16th birthday pressie. He was in stitches all evening!
Jason Manford is lovely, but Im old enough to be his mum really , ok Im 15 years older so thats a bit of a stretch, but not much! He was so warm and friendly with everyone..chatted to anyone who wanted to say hello, stayed in the bar chatting to people for hours after the show etc. I know its in his interest to do that, but he seems such a genuinely lovely man. He's fab at stand up too - we saw him in sheffield . He always stays afterwards so get to see him and you'll get your cuddle too !

fingers crossed we both get into the 11s this week !! xx

I might have to get tickets then! I think thats why I find him so attractive... he's good looking and a genuinely lovely guy (something thats usually hard to find!) Yes, fingers are crossed for the 11's. I'm going to do success express with the hope that the scales will be kind :) good luck for the 11's!!

xxxx

View attachment 46997View attachment 46999

check me out with my new best friends ;) The guy in the superman t-shirt is Rob Deering, a musical comedian - I had belly ache from laughing at him! He's coming to Nottingham next month so we'll definitely be going to see him again.
I have a huge loathing of having my picture taken but Im glad I was brave as these are lovely memories ! We had our picture taken with John Bishop too, but they club took those so we need to wait for them to appear on their website.

well worth a 200 mile trip on a whim !
Totally jealous of your pictures!! I'm a total comedy fan!! I have to admit that the one I'm most jealous about is the one which you've not posted yet. John Bishop is absolutely hilarious. Definitely one of my favourite comedians. There are so many good ones around at the moment though that it's a bit of a choice. Really like John Bishop, Rhod Gilbert, Michael McIntyre and Kevin Bridges. Probably my favourites of the moment but there are loads more I like.

Anyhoo, better stop that before I start sounding like some kind of fan-boy!! :rolleyes: I must say, your dosa looks lovely and incredibly substantial. I have no idea whatsoever what a dosa is though. I know I could probably Google it and I probably will but for the moment I'm typing. I hope you've had a good weekend and are looking forward to a successful week.

Kev X

kev, the dosa is a pancake made from rice/lentils rather than wheat flour. Its fermented overnight so it has a very slight taste like yoghurt does, but where its thin and crispy its sweet and yummy. they are often served filled, the traditional filling being a spicy mix of mashed potates and onions, sometimes peas. I guess its the Keralan fishermen's equivalent to the cornish pasty! in my picture, the paler bit of the dosa is where the filling is - the darker bits are "empty" so its not as huge a dish as it looks, though I still didnt finish it! Keralan cuisine seems to be having a bit of a trend at the mo, and thats brilliant for a mostly veggie, gluten avoiding person like me as it means I have lots of choice on a menu...and so do my meat eating friends.

I love comedy too - I used to manage services for people with challenging behaviour and learning disabilties, and the fortnightly comedy night was a guaranteed way to wind down. I love the intimacy of them and we saw people like jimmy Carr, Dara O Brien, Bill Bailey, Tim Vine etc in their very early days. I love comics who use music - TIm Minchin is awesome, will definitely be going to see rob Deering again, .... and i love good observational comedy. Tommy Tiernan has me in stitches, Micky Flanagan too ( esp as my great aunt and uncle were from the east end and I can relate to many of his anecdotes ). Im lucky to have a partner who is also a comedy lover and living close to London as i did, and the midlands now, we have easy reach of many venues. I think my favourite live show last year was Adam Hills ( aussie comedian ) . He had a show at the tiny Soho theatre where he had no actual material but engaged purely with the audience, pulling out stories from them. It was very different, very funny and much much better than someone who just stands up and delivers his material ( Andy Parsons style ). A very close second would be Nina Conti, who we saw at the Edinburgh festival on the way back from the highlands. She is a ventriloquist with a filthy mouthed monkey and a very funny Nan characters - her torture of a poor lad from the audience with the Nan was so funny I thikn the whole audience was crying with laughter!

Bish was very engaging and, even though Ive never thought it on the tv, he was bloody gorgeous in real life!! The venue still hasnt put up the pics but I'll let you know when they do xx

Love your photos and you can really see that you've lost weight. Wish I was able to see all the comedians too but even though I work in Edinburgh I never seem to find the time during the festival to see them any more. I used to go loads more when I was a student but work really gets in the way I find.

Your dosa looks good to but I'm with Kev on never having heard of them till now. So I've learned something today. Those 11s wil be in the bag this week. Sorry to hear about your pain problems and I hope you get relief soon. :)

Well done on your fantastic achievemt so far. Sorry to hear about your pain. Your pictures definetly show how much weight you have lost. Have a good day.

Love your photos and you can really see that you've lost weight. Wish I was able to see all the comedians too but even though I work in Edinburgh I never seem to find the time during the festival to see them any more. I used to go loads more when I was a student but work really gets in the way I find.

Your dosa looks good to but I'm with Kev on never having heard of them till now. So I've learned something today. Those 11s wil be in the bag this week. Sorry to hear about your pain problems and I hope you get relief soon. :)

arghh i was sure I'd replied to this! technology fights back! xx

Hope you're having a good day today piX. :)

yesterday was a good da...a few hours with the ladies in the village craft group always lifts my spirits, they are all a lot older but make me giggle!

today I'm off to the local childrens hospice where I'm starting as a volunteer...nervous but excited too Have a good day xxx

Well done on your fantastic achievemt so far. Sorry to hear about your pain. Your pictures definetly show how much weight you have lost. Have a good day.

thanks rosie...I'm starting to see it now too! I'm determined to get to those elusive 11's this friday :D
have a lovely day xx

I might have to get tickets then! I think thats why I find him so attractive... he's good looking and a genuinely lovely guy (something thats usually hard to find!) Yes, fingers are crossed for the 11's. I'm going to do success express with the hope that the scales will be kind :) good luck for the 11's!!

xxxx
fingers crossed for you too !! xx

blossom2.jpg morning xx it's still hammering down here so I've been editing some pictures I took in march! I have some serious catching up to do.

hoping the rain will stop soon as I want some bluebell shots ! Hope youre all ok xx

View attachment 47389 morning xx it's still hammering down here so I've been editing some pictures I took in march! I have some serious catching up to do.

hoping the rain will stop soon as I want some bluebell shots ! Hope youre all ok xx
Good Morning!!

That's a nice picture. I look forward to seeing some more.

It seems that this drought you're having down in England is a bit of a damp one? Luckily, we've not been hit by the torrential rain yet. It's just normal for us at the moment. The odd shower and a bit breezy. Fingers crossed we'll see an improvement next month. I'm hoping the rain holds off for today as well cos I'm expecting a concrete delivery this evening. I'd rather I wasn't pouring my foundation in a downpour!!

So, a day indoors today is it? I'm a bit jealous. I had serious thoughts about pulling a sickie this morning. I managed to drag myself out of bed though. I can't see me achieving greatness at work today though. My heart's not really in it.

I hope you have a lovely day and also hope the rain lessens for you soon.

Kev X

morning Kev...its done nothing but rain for days, though we still have a drought. some of the rivers here are full to bursting and there are some small areas of flooding. I was hoping to get out with the camera today but it might be another inside!

hard to stay motivated when youre leaving a job isnt it! I remember that feeling well lol. I had my first volunteering session at the hospice on wednesday and really enjoyed it, though i was more than a bit nervous too. Im in the reception so its a busy place with lots of variety, and the full time person is canadian and an ice hockey fan - result! IVe got applications in with Ofsted and the English Cricket board at the mo, and the volunteer co-ordinator at the hospice emailed another potential one through to me yesterday. He said he thought of me having interviewed me last week. Fingers crossed that eventually one of them will want me!

even mor fingers crossed for weigh in later this morning. going out for a meal last night probably hasnt helped but it was gormet night at a great place in nottingham - 6 courses for £30 and they were all lovely!! I think my favourite was the peach sorbet with white balsamic ( like a sauce thing over the sorbet ). It was delicious!! I'd have happily missed the main course to have more of that lol . The portions werent enormous, but not tiny either...though I only ate one of the mini desserts as all the others had chocolate or wheat in them. So, damage limitation hopefully..but if not then I'll just get to the 11's next week!!

fingers crossed for both of us ! xx

Hope you've had some let up in the rain today. :) Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)

morning Patsy , no its still raining!! hope youre ok xx

Good morning to you M. Sorry to hear you're still at the mercy of the rain. It started making its way up here last night (right when I was concreting my wall foundations!!:mad:) and it even came with some snow I think. It was definitely cold enough when it was driving against my face. It's slightly better this morning but was still bitterly cold. Still, it's Friday and I've got a reasonably easy day to look forward to.

Your meal last night sounds like quite the deal. I actually went out for dinner last night too. After moving a few tonnes of concrete from the front to the back of the house in wheel barrows, I didn't feel much like cooking. Plus it was getting on for 8pm so we just went for a bar supper. Nothing healthy but everything tasty. I put on a couple of lbs this morning but I'm not going to let it get me down. I had a good loss last week which may have been a fluke and I'm still less than I was 2 weeks ago so that's a bonus!

Good luck with your WI this morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed too.

Kev X

grrr at those pesky pounds .... bet they are gone in a couple of days again though :D

Ive lost 2lbs this week so Im not only down into the 11's ... im also over halfway to my target ( which is a very ambitious one! ) .... very pleased this morning !!!!

Have a good day and avoid that snow lol xx

Back