480lb....what happened to me?!

Here to subscribe :) x

Hmmm well it's been a few months and I haven't got very far I'm afraid. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few weeks ago and I am very much struggling to get my head around that. I started going to Slimming World which was a massive step for me as I hadn't left the house for months other than for doctor's appointments. I only went to 3 meetings and then I stopped which was silly, but I have been in touch with the SW consultant and I am going to go to a much nearer meeting to me on Tuesday evening.
I am terribly nervous about going but I need the accountability of someone else weighing me. I hope it is a friendly group.

I have an appointment on Wednesday to meet with my diabetes nurse to have an assessment. I am hoping to avoid medication for now as I already have meds I need to take everyday for another chronic condition.

Diet wise I am trying a low carb approach but it is hard to fit it in with SW principles as their plan seems to be eat as many carbs as you like! I have heard of other diabetics doing really well on SW though so there must be a way to do it. I've bought myself a food diary from Ebay which will help me a lot as I am a person who loves making lists and writing things down.

Right, that's about it for now. I will come back and write again after I have been to my SW group. Take care and thanks for reading x

Just wanted to drop in and say hi :) my start weight is around 400lbs so you aren't alone! I hope your class went well x

Hello everyone, I am still battling with my weight but have lost a few pounds now. My last weigh in I was 423lb so it is coming down slowly. I am still flitting around all the various diets online and I am going to be trying an old Slimming World plan for a bit. Because of my diabetes I am going to be doing the old 'Red' plan as I have found some old books from a few years ago. I will be spending my evening drawing up some meal plans and I feel very positive still.

Hi there,
I just wanted to wish you well.
Like you I felt the need of some sort of accountability and came back here. I hope your class went well and I think that the Red plan is a great idea. Keep positive. You can do it. xx

Just wanted to drop in and say hi :) my start weight is around 400lbs so you aren't alone! I hope your class went well x

Looou - All the best to you too.

Hi Glitter,
Here to follow and provide support along the way. How are you getting on? Xx

Hi Glitter, I have been reading your journey and it is inspirational, well done. Glad to see you are getting back on track and working towards rackling the diabetes. Has your diabetes nurse given any food plan suggestions? I hope to come back an read more good news soon.

Hi Glitter, I have been reading your journey and it is inspirational, well done. Glad to see you are getting back on track and working towards rackling the diabetes. Has your diabetes nurse given any food plan suggestions? I hope to come back an read more good news soon.

Hi there, my nurse was lovely and very encouraging of my weight loss but she still thinks I should be having a third of my plate as carbs. I would normally avoid them as much as possible but have had a couple of naughty days. I did get down to the stone below bracket last week but have put on 2lb since then. I am knuckling down to it again though and want to comfortably be in the next stone down (29's) in the next couple of weeks.

Good morning, just a quick update, today I weighed 406lb or 29 stone exactly. I am so pleased. I've joined weight watchers as there is a new meeting near me and I much prefer to count points rather than syns. Since my last post my youngest daughter has become very ill so I really really need to get healthy so I can properly take care of her.

Ive clicked like on the post above but what I mean it you have my thoughts with you and I am sorry to hear about your daughter and know you will give hr the best care possible.
Take care

Brilliant weight loss GSP - but sorry to hear about your daughter, keep well and strong and I'm sure she will recover quickly xxx

Good morning, just a quick update, today I weighed 406lb or 29 stone exactly. I am so pleased. I've joined weight watchers as there is a new meeting near me and I much prefer to count points rather than syns. Since my last post my youngest daughter has become very ill so I really really need to get healthy so I can properly take care of her.
Wow glittermonster! That's great - just keep going on that downward path!
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter' illness. It's great that you're seeing it as something to spur you on to lose weight rather than to quit your weight loss efforts!! Way to go :0clapper:

You are doing great! It's such a good feeling when you get into a different stone bracket and even better when you hit a milestone like going from a weight starting with a 3 to one starting with 2. Well done. Sorry to hear your daughter hasn't been well, hope she recovers and you can both look forward to a healthier future xx

hey hun, you are doing fab and ww sounds good.

Hope your daughters ok hunny? I am also trying to loose weight so i can be about for my son. xxx

Back