4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Hey everyone, just to say I'm still here - just v. busy so haven't had much time to come online! Am sticking to the diet - it's day 10 tomorrow :D am so pleased I've got this far. Will be my second WI before I know it :)

Well done everyone on your fab losses! My CDC official WI said I only lost 7lbs as opposed to my Wii fit reading of 9lbs (altho she weighed me last thing in the day after drinking loads and not going to the loo, whereas my wii fit reading was taken first thing, in the nuddy, having been to the loo and drunk nothing... so that sorta explains it!).

xx

My 1st restart WI was today and I have messed up big time - I had put on 2lb.

A bit to long to explain but have posted another thread about my confusion and problems!! called "Im so confused - protein and SS!!"

I feel so miserable and I was on such a high last week and feeling so confident - it is amazing what a rollercoaster ride this dieting lark is!!

I will get it right this week somehow!!!

Hi All - after the 9lb loss, I had two days with 0 and now 1 this morning. As this is only day 10 - I know that is good, but it is less than I lost when I did CD before. I am not cheating or doing anything different, but as I said earlier in the thread I don't have so much to lose so maybe that is the reason. Aiming to stay off the scales until next weigh in and try to drink more. Also going to do some exercise.
Incidentally, one good side effect of this diet for me is that I sleep much better than usual - anyone else find this?
Nelli

WBS --
"only lost 7lbs" I'd be sooooo pleased with that loss. Well done!

polar -- Great Can DO attitude. We can do this --

Nelli Duff -- I haven't shifted the weight as fast this time (I've heard your body has learned what you're doing and goes into conserve mode faster after the first time). But nine pounds is awesome. I suggest staying off the scale or getting one that gives you your water/fat ratios and then you can watch your water increase: as it will just before you show a loss in weight. Then the ratios reverse and the process repeats. In otherwords, the weight loss process is happening, you just do not see it with a basic scale.

MM

So day 10... so close to day 14 and w.i number 2!!!
Keep going lovely ladies.
I think we have got it sussed this time round. I am def in a positive mindset this time and with an 'i can do this' rather than 'poor poor me' attitude.
15lbs for me as at this morning. Looking for 18lbs total at w.i number 2. Then I would like 23lbs week 3 and 28lbs (2 stone) week 4.
I know this is asking alot of my body but this is how I lost it first time round so I know its not entirely impossible... eek!
On pint number 2 and one carton down.
Oh and I have a v special treat for lunch... I have managed to swindle a LL chilli con carne pack off of a friend!!!!!
oooo oooo oooh I am soooooo excited. bet its lush!
I will report back once tasted xxx

I've had the LL Chili Con Carne -- I loved it. You really feel like you've had a meal.

MM

Last edited:
aarrgghhh MM i want it now!!!! must wait til 2/3pm though. keep looking at the pack... thanks for letting me know! x

well the chilli was yuk!!!
a bad sign was when the dogs were not fussed by it, carried on sleeping and didnt beg to have any... hhmmmm...
anyway i binned it and had a tetra x

CD08, how are you losing so much so fast? And what am I doing wrong to have only lost 7lbs at my official WI - and I dont feel any slimmer either?! Can I ask how much you have to lose in lbs to get to BMI25?

xxx

Minnime - thanks for that - I have been afraid that it was just not going to be the same third time round. Maybe this time will also be different in that I CAN KEEP IT ALL OFF :)
Nelli

Wannab - I was wondering if you've had multiple attempts as I have. I am definately losing less that I did each time before (1st attempt 13, 3, 4 and 6 - the Second (on CD) was 13,3,5,2 so slightly less than the first). Whatever, don't be down about it - we'll all get there.

The Lighter Life website has a BMI calculator on it which is excellent.

Nellli

So Sorry!

well the chilli was yuk!!!
a bad sign was when the dogs were not fussed by it, carried on sleeping and didnt beg to have any... hhmmmm...
anyway i binned it and had a tetra x

So sorry CD08 --

We had some when I was on LL and we were sort of "test" people and I quite liked it. But, I am sure it is quorm or something -- but I used to be a vegetarian (for years -- ans was quite slim in those days... hummm?). So, maybe it is an acquired taste.

MM

So sorry CD08 --

We had some when I was on LL and we were sort of "test" people and I quite liked it. But, I am sure it is quorm or something -- but I used to be a vegetarian (for years -- ans was quite slim in those days... hummm?). So, maybe it is an acquired taste.

MM

def an acquired taste!!! bleurgh... was the same consistency as dog meat. didnt look too diff either.

WBS and Nelli I am so far mirroring my initial losses from 2008. I managed 14lb week 1 first time round and then 2 stone in 4 weeks. 3 stone in 8wks and 4stone in 12wks. this took me to bmi 26.

I am now just under 3 stone off bmi 25. i would be happy with bmi 26 to be honest.

16lbs now in 11 days, i am sooo motivated at the moment. I am drinking so much warm water and this is really helping to get things going iykwim! I also drank buckets on my first time round.

Keep going girls x

Hi CD08 - Well done so far - you are doing great.

I think with me it is down to the water (or lack of it as I'm finding it difficult for some reason) - or, as has been suggested elsewhere, that since this is the third time for me maybe my body is getting used to my game and not playing along.

I lost 56lb in 12 weeks with LL , and then 54 with CD in the same timescale. The second time, most was weight I had put back on though I didn't start out as heavy as the first. This time I started at 2.5 stones lighter which could also be a factor. I guess it all contributes and realise that I shouldn't be doing this so often. This is the LAST :) :) :)

Incidentally I have been better with the water today, but I'm having to force myself. Now if it were wine :)
Nelli

Hi Nelliduff --

Our stories sound similar. About 5 stone with LL in 2008, did not complete management, slow regain of about 2 stone, tried LLL -- but wasn't "feeling it", switched to CD in November 2009 to avoid a Christmas blow up (kept it to 4.5 pounds), recommitted to CD on 04/01/2010 -- and have lost the Christmas gain, a bit more and that added with the pre-hol loss, leave me to 1.5 stone to lose.

And, like you... once I get to goal, I want to be one of those Minimins people who maintain and ticker showing how long I've been maintaining my weight!

We can do this...

MM

ok so weekend number 2 is looming...
what are we all doing to avoid the dreaded FOOD?
we are off the cinema tonight so will be taking my sweeteners and having a large black coffee.
my o/h will prob have a cd bar instead of popcorn/ sweets bless him. I LOVE PICK'N'MIX, its one of the major causes of my downfalls and he knows it!
Saturday a spot of shopping and stay in for sat pm. Sunday maybe a bit of painting and a long dog walk.
Hope I can stay busy enough!
My o/h is really helping by being on a health-trip too. He is naturally slim so can eat whatever and whenever and not gain weight so I think he finds it hard to be sympathetic but this time he is going out of his way to support me.
Well one carton down, on 2nd cup of tea and then 2nd pint of warm water is waiting in the wings!
Hope everyone else is still with me on this wagon!!!! x

Looks like im all alone on this thread, may change the name... :cry:
Another lb down (17 in 13 days). Am on track for 5lbs week 2. :rolleyes:
Still on 3 cartons a day, a few cups of tea and lots of warm water. no cheats/ food at all. not even a licked spoon!!!! :D
Feeling very chuffed as not lasted this long for a very long time. :)
All of last year was plagued by failed restarts and restarts with cheats/ nibbles/ days off hence not shifting the weight permanently as never got the chance to go up the plans just losing and gaining the same lbs. :confused:
This time is different, I am thinking long term not just ss'ing for a few weeks til a planned night out/ meal/ holiday etc.
This time round I have nowt planned for 12 weeks minimum and it will (hopefully) stay that way.
Roll on week 2 w.i and the start of week 3. Is there anyone out there????? :wave_cry:

When do u know that ur getting into ketosis?

you can use ketostix to test for ketones in your urine but most people dont bother. after being strict for a couple of days (3-5) you will generally go into ketosis. the hunger should subside, you will get bad breath and maybe have more energy. x

Back