4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Morning Everyone. OH is so much better this morning - thank goodness - he really can be a bit of a baby :)
4 down this week according to the scales this morning. Hope you all have a good weigh in.

Nelli

Hey all, Well scales only 1ib down this week. I really thought that it would have moved much faster than this, but as CD08 said could be because I havn't been to the loo...Feeling a little down about it all today, and I am sure the constant rain this morning doesn't help! I really don't want it to have taken 2 weeks to lose the same 4 ibs all because of a 2 day break.

well i got 2lbs off this week... not great but hey ho!
just relieved i managed to get back on the wagon after my break.
feeling constipated so may indulge in a movicol later.
so week 8 everyone. can you bloody believe it???
4 more and we are at 12 weeks. now that will def have made an impact in all of our weight loss journeys whether we are at goal or not (not in my case).
we all ought to be very proud to have even got this far... 8 weeks is the longest i have managed in a very long time. you ladies have been great company on this journey and i look forward to posting daily and seeing how everyone else is getting on.
thanks all for your support xxx

Week 8 - who would have believed it. In some ways the weeks have flown and in others it seems like eternity :) but I guess you all feel a bit like that.

I agree with CD08 that it's been great having you all to look to for support / moan at and I think that when we all get to goal, we need to rename this thread "Jan 04 Maintainers" and keep it going.

Cheers to the next 4,5,6,7, whatever number of weeks we need and take - what matters is that we'll get there.

Nelli

Has anyone thought ahead to long term maintenance? I have looked at the GI diet, but think it might be a bit difficult to follow long term - though maybe it's just the books I've been reading. I also found a weight watchers cookery book which looks quite good and I was wondering if you can join them to maintain. Alternatively, I heard yesterday from a girl who I chatted to on another diet site who was also doing Lighter Life in 2007. Sadly, she also put weight back on, but has currently lost 2llb so far this year with Slimming World - which is great.

Of course there is also the age old method of simple calorie counting.

Nelli

Well 3 of the 4ibs gain is gone. Hoping for a few additional pounds this week. Actually what would be ideal is to be 13.8 on monday (i am 13.12 now) which would make 2 stone in 2 months! Not bad for 810!

Nelli - I have thought about this quite a bit and realise I am just unfortunately one of those people that has to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. However, I am not willing to spend anymore money on clubs after CD. I also have a WW recipe book that I will use. What I will mainly be doing in calorie counting, keeping up with the exercise, have my carbd earlier in the day and cut down wine intake from a glass a night like I use to, to just on a weekend. I will also not deny myself anything (within reason lol!). Everything is fine in moderation and this si a lifetime change so I have to be realistic!

One thing I am taking seriously though is going up the stages when I get to goal. I am not messing around with that becaus ethis is what I did last time - staright back to normal eating - and obviously I am back here again!

I just spent like 3 minutes composing a reply and lost it... grr! But I just wanted to see how everyone is doing! I am technically a Jan 4th re-starter but had to take a hiatus for an operation. I'm back in the swing of things and lost 3lb last week and am going for 7 more lb before the end of the month (lofty goals you see).

I've been thinking about going on the paleo diet + cottage cheese. Its basically eating what the cave men ate: meat, berries, nuts and vegetables. No processed foods, dairy, breads, salts and flour etc. That and I want to get much more physically active - martial arts or something like that. I think once I get back down to a healthy weight, I'll have so much more energy I'll be able to keep up in those highly active sports.

Have a great day all, and I look forward to hearing how you are on your journey!

Well done Amina - and welcome Aseyan

Amina, I so much agree with everything you say - I had another email today from the girl who I mentioned this morning. She reckons sticking completely to ss is where her downfall lay and that she set herself up for a fall after it was finished. I think that ties in with not completing the process properly.

I have always ss'd cause I can't really see the point otherwise, but I guess there is middle ground and I think that maybe in a few week (as I've said before) I might look at ss+ to complete.

However, for now, I'm off for a pack.

Incidentally, anyone seen the dinky little mixers (complete with a bag). Got one from my CDC today and tried it out at lunch time and it worked a treat.

Nelli

Well we're all doing really well --- big cheer all round!!! Can't believe how fast the weeks have flown since we started.

I'm quite enjoying this only getting weighed every 2 weeks, think that helps the time move more quickly as it still doesn't seem like anytime between weigh ins..... so am looking forward now to next Monday.

Really wish the toilet problem would (literally) relieve itself - Movicol doesn't seem to be doing anything and I really don't want to keep resorting to dulcolax for fear of messing up my innards in the long run..... though if nothing happens soon!

Keep going ladies xx

Hi guys, sorry forgot to post yesterday! Whoops...
Welcome back Aseyan! Hope you are ok and recovering well. Good luck with the new diet.
Amina great news about the lbs coming off, well done to you for jumping back on.
Katie, I so know what you mean! I had movicol day before yest and thought it had done the trick iykwim... But it appears there is a little more to shift so will have another 3 sachets today to top it up lol...
How many sachets did you take? I do 3 in a smallish glass of warm water. I find it really hard to drink but try to 'neck it' like a shot lol.
Nelli hey, how are you? I too will try ss+ nearer the end but not yet! Too scary to eat on a regular basis... might get carried away.
Where is Cappuchino? xxx

Indeed why is cappuchino?!

Well the 4ib gain has now been lost! Whoop whoop! Just took 4 days!! I don't know about anyone else but I hate the thought that I lost and gained and lost the same 4ib...seems like such a waste of time. More reason why March is going to be a 100% month for me! Just want to lose 3ib by monday now.....come on body!!!!

Have a good day everyone! xx

Amina, yes i totally agree! I felt like that about my 7lb gain, what a waste of 3 days. Could've potentially lost 4lbs instead of 2 last week ggrrrr.... deffo 100% from now! x

Hi All - glad you are all doing well this week and that everyone is back on track. I had another 1lb off this morning - that is the total for this week so far. Made another resolution to STAY OFF THE SCALES !!

Need to try movicol I think - though I cannot complain as I've been fairly lucky in that area up until now.

Was in the bath tonight rubbing baby oil into my really really dry skin (not sure if that is to do with the diet or the weather ) - when I suddenly noticed that my lower legs are much skinnier (and bonier) than I remember them being for many a year. As I wear trousers most of the time for work and usually with ankle boots I tried on some long boots to see if there really was a difference - and sure enough more space around the tops than before.

Can't help thinking I'd have preferred to lose it from my boobs (or maybe my middle), but hey, as long as it's going from somewhere !!!

Incidentally, just when I was considering taking a night off the diet (based on the fact you two were able to get straight back on), you guys put me off by saying it wasn't worth it - Thank You - Thank You - Thank You

Nelli

Last edited:
It was only a vagueish (think I made that word up) idea starting to form :) but the timing of both of you was superb.

So cold again in Glasgow this morning - I am so ready for some sun.

Have added a couple of additional goals. Getting brave :)

Have a good diet day all.

Nelli

Last edited:
Aaarrrgggghhhh no loss for 5 days... still constipated!
Took more movicol yesterday so hoping that plus strong coffee = some movement.
Feel so bloated and look 6 months preggers! but on a more positive point this time round these plateaus are not worrying me or leading me to give up. In the past if the scales didnt move for 5 days i would have given up!
I will continue with the movicol every day now so fingers crossed this gets things moving (literally lol).
Glad you decided not to bother with the planned day off Nelli, it really was not worth the hassle. Food was no where near as delicious as my deprived mind was remembering it!
Have a great Thursday all x

Back