5:2 Newbie!

MissLala

Banned
Heya guys, just recently decided to try out 5:2 after hearing my sons auntie and some of her friends were doing so well on it. I decided to start yesterday but am having my fast days on a Monday and Thursday so it gave me a couple of days to get into the habit of logging my calories on mfp. I'm trying to stick to around 1200 cals on feast days coz I have alot that I want to lose. (well 2 or 3 stone to start) but because of the fasting aspect I'm not gonna be too concerned if I go over slightly. I've actually found it quite difficult to eat the whole 1200 cals... I was slightly under yesterday and still have 178 to play with for a wee cuppa and a cheeky wee bicky later and I actually haven't felt that hungry either! I suppose the true test will be the fast days so we'll see how I get on

Would be nice to be in contact with other people doing this diet and can all support each other :)

Lisa x

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Lisa! I'm quite new to 5:2 too but enjoying it so far. I'm aiming for 1400 on my feast days and 400 on my fast days. So far so good with the fast days but I've found it pretty tricky keeping the feast day count down lol. I'll get there though. I had 1425 today and I'm fasting tomorrow and looking forward to it. Good luck!

Welcome and good luck, I've just started tracking my feast day cals and lowered mine to around 1200 (well trying..)as I'd stalled & had a loss this week :) so your plan sounds good!

I decided to order the Fast Diet book by Michael Mosley and didn't want to properly start the diet before finishing reading the book. So I had a sort of trial run at a fast day on Monday. I decided to try and fast ALL day and have a meal in the evening and use my calories up from then. Was JUST over the 500 cals which I thought wasn't bad for a first attempt. The book came yesterday and I managed to get through it quickly so first official fast day is going to be today! Trying to fast for the full 24 hours will be difficult today coz I last ate around 8pm last night which is late for me. But I'm aiming for between 20-22 hours and will have an evening meal around 5-6pm. I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow but weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and the scale showed -4lbs so hopefully stick around there or maybe a bit more when i weigh in tomorrow! It's only 11am but when I think that I've been fasting for 15 hours already, I think i'm managing okay. Made myself drink a pint of water when I got up this morning so not feeling hungry at all yet :) Hope everyone else is getting on okay :)

Lisa x

I decided to order the Fast Diet book by Michael Mosley and didn't want to properly start the diet before finishing reading the book. So I had a sort of trial run at a fast day on Monday. I decided to try and fast ALL day and have a meal in the evening and use my calories up from then. Was JUST over the 500 cals which I thought wasn't bad for a first attempt. The book came yesterday and I managed to get through it quickly so first official fast day is going to be today! Trying to fast for the full 24 hours will be difficult today coz I last ate around 8pm last night which is late for me. But I'm aiming for between 20-22 hours and will have an evening meal around 5-6pm. I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow but weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and the scale showed -4lbs so hopefully stick around there or maybe a bit more when i weigh in tomorrow! It's only 11am but when I think that I've been fasting for 15 hours already, I think i'm managing okay. Made myself drink a pint of water when I got up this morning so not feeling hungry at all yet :) Hope everyone else is getting on okay :)

Lisa x

Well done on your fast day :) hoe has your week gone? X im starting officially tomorrow :)

Back