5 days in

anja1

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the posts on here so just wanted to drop by and let you know how i'v been finding it! I quit smoking a year ago and put on 18lbs which isn't much but after smoking and not being overweight for 9 years its made me uncomfortable in my skin to suddenly not have clothes fitting!

Day 1 (bank holiday monday)I was really motivated reading everyones posts and everyone seems to have done really well which really spurs you on so you ignore the hunger cos you know it'l do you good!

Day 2 I was back to work, I work outside doing quite a physical job so I was worried that i would be constantly hungry.....say no more

Day 3 same problem, maybe a little less hungry but more mad thoughts of eating ginormous sandwiches or plates of pasta!

Day 4 I was insisting that its fine for me to have subway at the weekend as long as its white bread cos you burn it quicker,(im desperate) then I decided it would be fine to have small amounts of pasta/bread/cake/biscuits! very hard day just thinking of food constantly!

Today was the hardest day by a long mile, i woke up feeling like i'd run a marathon in the night and then maybe someone dropped an anchor on my head! The up side to this is that im not hungry!WOOOOOO! seems like the rest of the week was worth it now! We'll see at the weigh in!

I havent fallen off the wagon yet (she says drinking a pint of wine) but food wise I haven't, and this is the only day I've had a drink!(so far, 2moro doesnt count yet!)

I manage to drink 4 litres of water a day and have just got atkins snack bars as my mid morning and afternoon snacks so hopefully they'll keep me full until dinner and tea!

Hows everyone else getting on?!Is my hunger gone now after a day without it?!am i dreaming?! keep posting everyone it keeps us going!

Hi hun, and welcome, sounds like you are in ketosis, but you shouldn't be drinking alcohol while in ketosis - it can be dangerous x

yeah the hunger comes and goes, keep at it you'll see the reward on weigh in day

Back