5 Factor diet

katona

Has anyone on here tried this diet. I read an article on it in a magazine and it seemed quite doable. Five meals of about 300cals and two snacks 200cals 25 mins of exercise and one day off a week. Could not find a book on it though. Would be interested to know more.
Katona

I'm very unsure about this one. It's not just a case of eating 300 calories per meal as you have to include the 5 elements in each one. I'm thinking that would take a fair amount of creativity to keep the interest up.

It would be easier with the recipe book, but I've found in the past, many US cookery books difficult to follow because of the different ingredients available and the cup size measurements.

Same goes for the exercise programme. Again, not just 25 minutes of exercise but a set programme. I could see people struggling with this unless they belonged to a gym.

The off day is also supposed to be controlled eating not just eating everything;)

Sorry, bit of a party pooper on this one. Guess it's a case of try it and see.

Thanks for your reponse. It's a new diet to me so I might be able to keep up interest in it for a while. Where did you find your info on it, any I found has been really limited to celeb success, not specifically the diet itself.

Where did you find your info on it, any I found has been really limited to celeb success, not specifically the diet itself.

It was a while ago when I did a review of it for someone else. Can't remember exactly, but I rarely review unless I can find at least 10 different sites with various points of view....then make up my own mind :D

I take it you've googled "5 factor" diet? Also try the following

"5 factor" forum (not necessarily for the 5 factor forum, just other forums that might be discussing it,

"5 factor" protein
"5 factor" exercise

etc :)

Just ordered the books on this and am planning to start it when i get back from holiday on 7th september.

its not far off the body-for-life plan but its not as body builderish.

the 5 meals are supposed to be balanced and the books give loads of recipe/meal ideas apparently.

the exercise is 1 x 5 mins cardio 3 x 3 mins of 3 different weights exercises and then another 5 minutes of cardio.

i'll let you know how i get on.

Back