5 packs in one day- whats the impact?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by cc28, 14 December 2007 Social URL.

1. cc28

cc28 Full Member

The title says it really. any info/ input will be very much appreciated. thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

I wouldn't have thought there would be much - just don't make a regular habit of it! They are very low in calories - no big deal. But think hard about why you had to have another one, and try to learn from the experience.

4. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Are you asking as a plan to have 5 a day everyday? or have u "lapsed" (wel i dont suppose its lapsing) but have you had 5 once or something??

5. Size10wannabe

Size10wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.74%)
    wouldn't worry about it if it was a one off lapse.. i did that last week when I desperatey hungry.. and still lost 7lbs..

wouldn't make a habit of it.. but prob ok for the off occasion

6. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Thanks to those that replied. I was struggling and considering another pack before bed. I thought about it for about 4 hours as I had all my packs and was still wanting 1 at bedtime.

After 4 hours of arguing with myself I came on here to "get permission" as was at wits end. In the end I decided I was lonely as DH at work and had a pint of water and went to bed! No extra pack yay me!

7. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Go You! I guess in the past you'd have just headed for the fridge? I do that too when I'm lonely/bored. So once we are at goal we'll both be aware of that. Don't know about you, but I'm planning to drink a lot more water once I'm back on food, and use it just as you did.

Btw, were you up all night going to the loo?

8. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Hey zombie! Yes I was up all night in a way!! When I drink water late I just know that I will be up about 3 times. It used to be more but now I find even if I chug 2 litres before bed I only need to wake up and go every 3 or 4 hours.

Its still broken sleep though and on the days I struggle to get the water in, I am rolling my eyes at bedtime going "right no sleep tonight!"

You are right when we get to goal we have to look out for that. it took me a while to realise it was company I wanted.

9. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi CC, I didn't 'break' sole source at all for 20 weeks but I did take an extra pack sometimes when I was desperate! I don't think it made much difference and it got me through to the end without real food! Don't worry about it!

10. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Frejja, thanks for that!

11. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I did once - but never since - I didn't want to get into the habit! I tell myself that I'm perfectly happy with 4 every other day, so WHY do I feel differently now? What has changed?

However, if ever you are going to 'cheat' its better to 'cheat'' with a foodpack than a huge piece of cake!

12. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know what you mean. Now I don't drink anything after 7pm, and that way I get a good night's sleep! I have my first litre with breakfast at 5am, second litre on way to school at 7.30am, third and fourth litre during the day at school and then whatever I want to drink between school end (3pm) and 7pm.

That way I know I have got the minimum 4 litres down, and don't spend all night on the loo. Particularly as we have a downstairs bathroom!:rolleyes:

13. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I know that 40 minutes after drinking a pint of water it wants to come back out again, so I always have my last an hour before I plan to go to bed, but generally have most of my water before 7pm.

14. cc28

cc28 Full Member

cheers Alin bongo and Deb G

Oh and I will bear your suggestion in mind that it it better to have the extra rather than go off the rails! Oh and ditto the downstairs bathroom- what a nightmare on this programme:sigh:

15. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yep - but I try to be positive about it and think "look at all the extra calories I'll be burning off"!!!!!;)

16. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    my bathroom is on a floor of its own half way between upstairs and downstairs, so no matter where I am I always have to use the stairs to get to the loo :(

17. cc28

cc28 Full Member

alibongo do you wear your pedometer?!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    not all the time.
    What was it you wanted to know?
    I am open to experimentation :D

20. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    My parents' house has a bathroom like that...and interestingly I was a lot lighter living at home..must have been all that running up and down the stairs.I live in a bungalow now and I confess I hate it.I much prefer a house with bedrooms upstairs.

21. cc28

cc28 Full Member

ali I was going to ask if you have noticed how many extra steps you do just going to the loo. It must be loads lol!

22. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    And how much extra loo roll you have to buy :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.