5 packs in one day- whats the impact?

I wouldn't have thought there would be much - just don't make a regular habit of it! They are very low in calories - no big deal. But think hard about why you had to have another one, and try to learn from the experience.

Are you asking as a plan to have 5 a day everyday? or have u "lapsed" (wel i dont suppose its lapsing) but have you had 5 once or something??

wouldn't worry about it if it was a one off lapse.. i did that last week when I desperatey hungry.. and still lost 7lbs..

wouldn't make a habit of it.. but prob ok for the off occasion

Thanks to those that replied. I was struggling and considering another pack before bed. I thought about it for about 4 hours as I had all my packs and was still wanting 1 at bedtime.

After 4 hours of arguing with myself I came on here to "get permission" as was at wits end. In the end I decided I was lonely as DH at work and had a pint of water and went to bed! No extra pack yay me!

Go You! I guess in the past you'd have just headed for the fridge? I do that too when I'm lonely/bored. So once we are at goal we'll both be aware of that. Don't know about you, but I'm planning to drink a lot more water once I'm back on food, and use it just as you did.

Btw, were you up all night going to the loo?

Hey zombie! Yes I was up all night in a way!! When I drink water late I just know that I will be up about 3 times. It used to be more but now I find even if I chug 2 litres before bed I only need to wake up and go every 3 or 4 hours.

Its still broken sleep though and on the days I struggle to get the water in, I am rolling my eyes at bedtime going "right no sleep tonight!"

You are right when we get to goal we have to look out for that. it took me a while to realise it was company I wanted.

Hi CC, I didn't 'break' sole source at all for 20 weeks but I did take an extra pack sometimes when I was desperate! I don't think it made much difference and it got me through to the end without real food! Don't worry about it!

I did once - but never since - I didn't want to get into the habit! I tell myself that I'm perfectly happy with 4 every other day, so WHY do I feel differently now? What has changed?

However, if ever you are going to 'cheat' its better to 'cheat'' with a foodpack than a huge piece of cake!

It used to be more but now I find even if I chug 2 litres before bed I only need to wake up and go every 3 or 4 hours.

Its still broken sleep though and on the days I struggle to get the water in, I am rolling my eyes at bedtime going "right no sleep tonight!"

I know what you mean. Now I don't drink anything after 7pm, and that way I get a good night's sleep! I have my first litre with breakfast at 5am, second litre on way to school at 7.30am, third and fourth litre during the day at school and then whatever I want to drink between school end (3pm) and 7pm.

That way I know I have got the minimum 4 litres down, and don't spend all night on the loo. Particularly as we have a downstairs bathroom!:rolleyes:

I know that 40 minutes after drinking a pint of water it wants to come back out again, so I always have my last an hour before I plan to go to bed, but generally have most of my water before 7pm.

cheers Alin bongo and Deb G

Oh and I will bear your suggestion in mind that it it better to have the extra rather than go off the rails! Oh and ditto the downstairs bathroom- what a nightmare on this programme:sigh:

ditto the downstairs bathroom- what a nightmare on this programme:sigh:

Yep - but I try to be positive about it and think "look at all the extra calories I'll be burning off"!!!!!;)

my bathroom is on a floor of its own half way between upstairs and downstairs, so no matter where I am I always have to use the stairs to get to the loo :(

my bathroom is on a floor of its own half way between upstairs and downstairs, so no matter where I am I always have to use the stairs to get to the loo :(
My parents' house has a bathroom like that...and interestingly I was a lot lighter living at home..must have been all that running up and down the stairs.I live in a bungalow now and I confess I hate it.I much prefer a house with bedrooms upstairs.

ali I was going to ask if you have noticed how many extra steps you do just going to the loo. It must be loads lol!

Back