5 stones off in 3 years

tasi

Silver Member
I know it seems a slow old job, but as I lose the weight I do it in a way that is for good. I don't lose it quickly, I take it a bit at a time. Fall off the 'being good' wagon now and again, but get straight back on with no guilt feelings... I enjoyed it! I gained a bit... so what? it comes off again. At the moment I am not losing just maintaining. The scales seem to have stuck. They'll start up again no fear.
The main forum I belong to and have done for quite a few years now, is a Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle' one. No diets on there, just good healthy tips and exercises. I have made good friends and never short of a laugh.
I really loved the old minimins and missed it dreadfully when it gave up the ghost. I'm so pleased this is back, just like the old minimins with a face-lift.

5 stone off is fantastic and you have found a way of doing it that suits you and is obviously working.

Keep up the good work and welcome back tasi:)

I know it seems a slow old job, but as I lose the weight I do it in a way that is for good. I don't lose it quickly, I take it a bit at a time. Fall off the 'being good' wagon now and again, but get straight back on with no guilt feelings... I enjoyed it! I gained a bit... so what? it comes off again. At the moment I am not losing just maintaining. The scales seem to have stuck. They'll start up again no fear.
The main forum I belong to and have done for quite a few years now, is a Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle' one. No diets on there, just good healthy tips and exercises. I have made good friends and never short of a laugh.
I really loved the old minimins and missed it dreadfully when it gave up the ghost. I'm so pleased this is back, just like the old minimins with a face-lift.

Major Congrats! I have got half way through a 4 st weight loss over 2.5 years i hope - i don't expect to get to goal in 2016 but if I do it will be through being too good and starving too much!

I've lost 34 lbs of 54 lbs goal and I relate to every thing you said.

I have programed in a 150 kcal per day leeway, so the more days i stick to the 150 kcal down (500 deficit) the better prepared I will have programmed in any cheats.

Bad days there will be - 2016 i've been 320 kcal down on caloric needs every day for a year (average - i've fasted / binged and got back to no sugars except veg and fruit)

programing in a 1600:1800:1300:2200:1500:1800:500 split for the year which could get boring to calculate but i'm going to replace some of my liquid meals with real food and eat oily fish 3 x a week and grill a bit more. :)

This should be fine.
I am with you all the way for a diet that is a permanent way of life - in other words - over a year - i have cracked it - i really believe that a life long plan never hooked me before because I wanted to lose weight and keep it off so much but didn't really make it a lifestyle - I don't know what has changed to make me accept that it's life long and that I can do it.

maybe i'm just noticing how brainless eating has become and maybe I scared myself stupid with unsustainable 5 - 7 puddings a day

Think it's giving up a true addiction to food

always felt i should be on a sugar drip but never lost control till the last ten / few years 3 biscuits and a couple of chocolates was a binge!

Don't think i bothered going through it even once! Just very mindless (at the time of major binging - 16 lbs gained in 6 weeks)
Worked out that eating was a good remedy for stress until people were commenting on how much i was eating I didn't even become aware.

just had to be full at all times.

learning to be empty at all times ( or only just satisfied? / nearly satisfied? )

Don't think i bothered going through it even once! Just very mindless (at the time of major binging - 16 lbs gained in 6 weeks)
Worked out that eating was a good remedy for stress until people were commenting on how much i was eating I didn't even become aware.

just had to be full at all times.

learning to be empty at all times ( or only just satisfied? / nearly satisfied? )

Very, very wise words Tigress. What a sensible lady you are

Back