50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

to finally stop thinking of what life would be like if i lost the weight and actually live that life.
to care about how i look, by putting make up on, having different hair styles, being fashionable, rather than looking plain as not wanting to draw attention to myself!

couldn't agree more couldn't have put it better myself

Love this thread, just want to add a couple of my own.

• To be happy to have my photo taken, instead of being the one offering to take all the photo's.
  • To know that the reason I haven't met Mr. Right yet isn't because I'm fat, it's because I'm picky.
  • To not feel like my weight is to blame for whatever illness takes me to the doctors (am sure this one is all in my head but there we are).

Brilliant thread!

To live the dream xx

To look like the true ME on the outside ....that matches the inside I already know. :)

ditto that Isis......

Debz

to be able to go horse riding with my daughter and not feel that its too cruel for a horse to have so much weight on its back.

To accept an invitation to go out for a pub lunch/night out and not make excuses not to go because you dont want to be the biggest there.

To not weigh more than my hubby!

To wear a low back dress and not worry about 'fat back'

To wake up and not have back ache.

To bend down without my knees hurting.

Last edited:
To not be fat and 30!!! (Only 5 months to go til the big 3-0).

To be able to go out with the girls and wear a dress like them and not black trousers
To buy a wonderbra (i know i know but i want one again)
To buy underwear that is comfy and sexy
To show everyone who said i couldnt that i can
To not be known as the fat one when blokes are chatting to my mates

to learn how to have a healthy relationship with food.
to enjoy it like i should and not let it run my life.

These posts are my life line!
It helps me when i get the urge to eat, i sit and read every one of them and i suddenly dont feel so hungry! :party0048:

Brilliant thread. I also want to look great in my wedding dress, although I have to admit the thought of me sitting on the beach in a bikini is more of an incentive.

I agree with everything - I'd like to add one which came to mind this morning....I want to get out the shower and know that the towel will fit around me comfortably!!

This is such a great thread, i agree with all of them ..my one is to not always pull/tug my top down to cover the belly that hangs on my knees :( and to look forward to an occassion and not say i will try loose so much weight for that etc and still b the same if not bigger again the date comes around!
God what do skinny people miss out on , wouldn't it be interesting to read ?!?!?

i could read this all day (",) i like to post above..to not relate to them all hahaha...

to not have to take a deep breath for courage as I get out of the swimming pool.

To be light enough not to worry about my pony coping with me when I back him this summer!

To reduce my back pain..

To be able to buy a Karate 'gi' (suit) that fits me in length.. rather than the one I have now that fits my WIDTH and therefore DROWNS my length! :eek:

To stand next to my best friend, who is 1 inch shorter than me, and know I'm not nearly twice her size!

To lie in the bath - and only have my boobs float to the surface to make islands...

This thread is lovely. Some of the entries had me laughing out loud: breaking the toilet seat and flapping bingo wings.:8855:

I have a disability toilet seat that is designed to take up to 30st. Since the bathroom was renovated there have been three new toilet seats. Would have been more but always soldiered on until we couldn't stand falling off the toilet anymore.:D:D:D

Here is what I have to motivate me:

• My health will improve.
  • I will enjoy my life better.
  • I will recover from sleep apnoea.
  • I will no longer have to use a CPAP machine.
  • There will be less strain on my heart.
  • I will be more active.
  • I will have less pain in my joints and body.
  • I will sleep better.
  • I will have more energy.
  • I will be able to run in Race for Life rather than just walk.
  • I will be able to run a 10K again.
  • No swelling ankles anymore. If they do, I'll know it's a health issue and not a fat issue.
  • I will be able to buy clothes in bargain places like Oxfam (other charity shops) and Primark. That way I'll save a lot to spend on the occassional special expensive items.

This might just be in my head (was that a pun :confused:) but I swear my singing and my memory are better for losing a stone!

As for wanting to buy some clothes in Oxfam; I think a little clarification is needed. A few years back I did some voluntary work there, and amongst all the ordinary stuff were some real gems. Some with the labels still on suggesting never been worn. I had to let it all go (except a pair of fancy Reebok trainers) because nothing would fit me.:cry::cry::cry:

Great thread: lets keep it going.

Bee

Hi all,

This thread is great... i laughed lots of times thinking 'thats me/my life'

I'll share my two main reasons to lose weight, although they have been mentioned before.

- Come the summer i want to go to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers, i want to be able to go on all the rides, without fearing not fitting, or having the embarrasment of having two people push the over head harness down!

- I'm going on holiday in September, I want to be able to move in my seat on the airplane and my lap tray to sit above my lap rather than rest on my belly!

Lou xx

Back