50 shades of grey books

Well what can I say about these books!!!! I started the 1st one Tuesday last week, finished on Thursday and had to get the next one right away, finished that Saturday morning then got the 3rd.... Finished reading yesterday. I thought the 3rd was the best one, but did drag a little in places, I think I had read all the same old sex parts by then....... Mr grey and ana well what a couple, I really loved reading the books the sex parts didn't put me off. My friend popped over on Saturday and we were talking about the books as she is reading them as well, forgot our partners were not aware of the type of book we were reading..... Needless to say Darren (my partner) wondered why I had been a bit more "playfull" since reading....... I had to laugh as he was doing DIY yesterday I would keep saying "as he picked up the hammer it remaindered her of......." if you haven't read the books I recommend you do, but read with a open might! Enjoy x

MadameLaMinx said:
It reminds me of being 12 and getting my hands on a copy of Forever by Judy Blume. I can speed read at the best of times but I think I broke records that day.

I love Judy Blume.

I am originally from Seattle (live in the UK - have been in Europe for over 18 years) and find myself thinking if the protagonist is American why is she using words like bespoke? It's custom. EL should have hired an American proof reader. Of course, Ana did major in English Lit, so maybe she is just being pretentious. ;)

In chapter 14 of book one... Not shocked or educated, yet. What does that say about anSeattle upbringing?

I love Judy Blume.

I am originally from Seattle (live in the UK - have been in Europe for over 18 years) and find myself thinking if the protagonist is American why is she using words like bespoke? It's custom. EL should have hired an American proof reader. Of course, Ana did major in English Lit, so maybe she is just being pretentious. ;)

In chapter 14 of book one... Not shocked or educated, yet. What does that say about anSeattle upbringing?

I wasnt shocked or educated either, and I havent ever been to Seattle. I am a trollop, however :D

MadameLaMinx said:
I wasnt shocked or educated either, and I havent ever been to Seattle. I am a trollop, however :D

And proud of it!!! You go girl! In Seattle you wouldn't be a trollop, you'd just be a native! ;)

MadameLaMinx said:

Lol, when my friends appear shocked at the content I often wonder what they'd really think if they knew I wasn't ;)

Chapter 21 - getting a little shocked here.

Im a quarter the way thru the 3rd book & cant wait for it to end! Skim read thru the 'naughty' bits as Im so bored of reading 'Oh Ana, Oh Christian' & what position they've ended up in now! Just need to see if it has a decent conclusion!

Page 191 Book One -- and FINALLY a reference to Seattle's rainy climate. A little authenticity please - Seattlites are more on obsessed by the weather than Brits. They've been having a bad June and are calling it Junuary.

What the definition if a TRUE sadist?

When the masochist says, "Please, oh please, beat me!" A true sadist will say, "No!"

Finished the first .....quite enjoyed the novelty as not my usual
style of reading matter
After the ending thought the start of book two rather lacking
no clear explanations on how they got back together etc

Mumma K said:
Finished the first .....quite enjoyed the novelty as not my usual
style of reading matter
After the ending thought the start of book two rather lacking
no clear explanations on how they got back together etc

Did you miss the first chapter?? ;)

I think it covered it quite well? x

Mrs.S. said:
Did you miss the first chapter?? ;)

I think it covered it quite well? x

Lol I don't think I did but then again I might have
Im always missing bits out by accidentally hitting
the button on the kindle

Finished book one and made myself clean the downstairs loo and kitchen before taking a break (lol - been on a reading break most of the past day and a half) before starting book two.
Deleted Spoilers - MLM x

Last edited:
lollypop1985 said:
im a little upset people have given away what happens at the end of book one and beginning of book 2 please no more spoilers

Sorry about that, have deleted for other members benefit.

lollypop1985 said:
im a little upset people have given away what happens at the end of book one and beginning of book 2 please no more spoilers

Sorry about that - I should have PM'd the person asking. I'll be more thoughtful in the future.

Back