50 shades of grey books

timtim said:
I may be the only person in the world who does not like these books :0 sorry to everyone who does but ana just gets on my nerves want to give her a good shake! Kind of want to know what happens but don't think I could read 2 more books of her lol

I'm with you. I think most of the success is down to pure hype. People 'feel obliged' to read them

I'd love a FB filter so I could have all references to the damn thing blocked

Personally I'd rather have sone real life fun than read about 2 imaginary characters.

I have loved these books. The jiggy gets boring. There could be a lot less of it and turned in to two books. I am skipping the rude bits but can't put it down, and dying to know what happens to these two characters. Think i'm the only one that doesn't think Christiam Grey is her type though.

I did rather enjoy the jiggy bits but they do get a bit tiresome! I actually preferred book 3 because there was less kinky f*****y!! and more of a story.

Still loved the books though and would read them again. I do hope she does a book from Christian's point of view.

I did rather enjoy the jiggy bits but they do get a bit tiresome! I actually preferred book 3 because there was less kinky f*****y!! and more of a story.

Still loved the books though and would read them again. I do hope she does a book from Christian's point of view.

I agree with you there! I enjoyed book 1 as it was a bit of a novelty with all the jiggy jig! Im on book 2 now & am rather bored with it all, so looking forward to book 3 to see what, if anything happens & it comes to a conclusion!!!

How bizarre! Have just looked on YouTube & seen 2 seperate trailers for the film with different actors. One with Matt Bomer & one with Ian Somerhalder playing Christian ......I know who my vote would go with.....Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon in Vampire Diaries! I wander if the film industry are putting out different trailers to hype the film up even more.....not that I'm cynical!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

You'll possibly find they're absolutely nothing to do with a 'real' film. If there was one it would be in the very early stages. A friend of mine knows an author who's fans are desperate for a film of her first book. The screenplay hasn't even been decided on because she won't settle on various things but there has been much speculation about who might play the lead despite the fact in reality they're a million miles from casting. There are also you tube adverts for the film again nothing to do with the reality

I read the first one and sorry ladies but they're utter tripe lol. Reminds of the those awful mills and boon books you used to sneak a quick read of as kids!! Not erotic in the slightest. I have a very good friend who's into the alternative scene (and a bit of BDSM lol) who says that some of the stuff is actually really badly researched. She thinks people will hurt themselves trying to copy these books rather than actually researching safe ways to enjoy the scene....... So no getting ideas and tying yourselves up in inventive ways ladies!!! It's terribly embarrassing when you need professional help to get back out ;)

I don''t think they have even started to make the films yet. There's still loads of hype about who will be picked to play Ana, so I'm not sure how they could have been made if she hasn't been decided! I hope they get a move on anyway!!

I've just downloaded, but I'm a terrible reader, I need to get a good start, then I'll be gripped. But I only ever enjoy reading in bed, can never relax downstairs and concentrate.

Legomom said:
I read the first one and sorry ladies but they're utter tripe lol. Reminds of the those awful mills and boon books you used to sneak a quick read of as kids!! Not erotic in the slightest. I have a very good friend who's into the alternative scene (and a bit of BDSM lol) who says that some of the stuff is actually really badly researched. She thinks people will hurt themselves trying to copy these books rather than actually researching safe ways to enjoy the scene....... So no getting ideas and tying yourselves up in inventive ways ladies!!! It's terribly embarrassing when you need professional help to get back out ;)

I lead such a sheltered childhood lol ;)

At our Community Centre all the girls rave about these books and enjoy giving "50 shades of Gray" to every male that comes into the office then tell them which pages to read!
I have downloaded it from Amazon to the Kindle and am 1/2 way through, good read but nothing as yet I haven't read or done!
Must remember to download the other 2 books.......

It reminds me of being 12 and getting my hands on a copy of Forever by Judy Blume. I can speed read at the best of times but I think I broke records that day.

MadameLaMinx said:
It reminds me of being 12 and getting my hands on a copy of Forever by Judy Blume. I can speed read at the best of times but I think I broke records that day.

Ha ha! I loved that book-I still have a copy I think lol

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Back