50 Shades of Grey

Downloaded it after all the hype and read 100 pages - bored silly! I really don't get it!

Headline today, woman gets caught reading it by her boyfriend, he tells her to stop reading it, she says no so he covers her in brown sauce!!

ITS A BLOODY LOVE STORY!!!

I find it quite hillarious really

Downloaded it after all the hype and read 100 pages - bored silly! I really don't get it!

100 pages and you were still bored! :sigh::(

I have endured and manged to get to page 60...:zz:

I did! Just really didn't do it for me!

Sent from my HTC

Am I reading right ya's didn't like it my god I laughed I got got under th collar and I just couldn't put it down only need to read th last 1 nd i'm not getting it til tuesday :-( lol x

Most of my friends loved it but I couldn't get into it! Was all a bit mills and boon meets Jackie Collins! LOL ;)

Sent from my HTC

Haha only read 1 mills and boon think thats child's play compared to mr grey must admit I nearly didn't buy them coz I think a lot of books dont live up to th hype hope ya didn't spend too much x

I downloaded it on kindle for £2.97! LOL maybe I'll finish it one day! :)

Sent from my HTC

Ah never hopefully ya will I like my kindle on my phone for all th freebie's lol

I loved it, but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't, and I'm not too sure whether I'll bother with volumes 2 and 3...
What bugged me most was the fact that the heroine was called Ana with one n..... was I the only one who associated this with pro-ana (pro-anorexia) websites?? Plus the lady spent far too much time biting her lip and looking at her hands...:D

I think th 2nd is better haven't read th 3rd yet 2nd one is more romantic in my opinion nd I bite my lip all th time lol

Alderica said:
I loved it, but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't, and I'm not too sure whether I'll bother with volumes 2 and 3...
What bugged me most was the fact that the heroine was called Ana with one n..... was I the only one who associated this with pro-ana (pro-anorexia) websites?? Plus the lady spent far too much time biting her lip and looking at her hands...:D

It was just short for ANastasia, which Ive only ever been known to be spelt with one N

I know, but for me the association was unfortunate. Well, no-one ever claimed it was a work of literary merit :) I enjoyed it all the same...

Yes, I read "The Story of O" a long time ago. People who were uncomfortable with "Shades of Grey" would be horrified by "The Story of O" though...

Alderica said:
Yes, I read "The Story of O" a long time ago. People who were uncomfortable with "Shades of Grey" would be horrified by "The Story of O" though...

Maybe that's why I wasn't so horrified. I kept thinking it was similar to a CSI episode.

lilbabyfish said:
I'm seriously thinking about just giving up on it now!

Don't do it!!! I thought it was crap after the first one, bt the second and third are much better, the sex side isn't as a big a deal and a story develops. I finished the two books in a day, hooked, just really wanted to know what happened right to the end!!

I'm half way through the first book. Like a few comments I have seen, the writing is not brilliant but I'm enjoying it and it has sucked me in. Also quite captivated by Mr Grey (if only.....but without a few of his ideas!) x

Back