50 Shades of Grey

Starzz

For my works leaving present I got vouchers so got myself a Kindle (which I love). Number 1 on the bestseller list was 50 shades of grey by E.L James.So I thought I would see what all the fuss was about despite some of the terrible reviews on Amazon!

Well I'm hooked, it certainly will not win any literary awards but it is very entertaining!!
I thought I would see if anyone else has read them ?

I have seen lots written about it in the newspaper etc is it worth a read ,?

I think it is like Twilight in that you will either love it or hate it. It is in the erotic fiction genre, I have enjoyed it as much as the twilight series because its light, ive found it entertaining and romantic. HOWEVER, as I said it is erotic fiction so its not suitable for the younger age groups. xx

Love the twilight saga, I had a look for the book in wh smiths today but they didn't have I can you only download it

Will give this a go but have soooo many books to read first very OCD when it comes to reading!

I like it! Just finished first one - started Fifty shades darker today.

Definitely not the best written but I like it - Love Mr. Grey! (More than I should I fear! Lol)

I think its definitely a guilty pleasure !! xx

Took three days to read first book and read fifty shades darker today started at 2 and finished by 10pm!! Hooked....love it. I need a Mr.Grey.

I sure wouldn't turn him away !! ;-)

I'm on the last book...anyone else too embarrassed to read them in public :D

Im sneaky I've been reading them on my kindle, i did see someone reading it in the canteen yesterday :)

Ha ha, when I bought the first one I was on the bus home and made sure I kept the cover facing my lap when I was skimming the first page...oh the shame :D :D

I keep hearing about these but I'm a bit scared they will just be sort of like mills and boon for the modern woman....... Less heaving bosoms and more cracking of whips....... ;)

I nearly got put off reading these by the literary snobs on Amazon, but I decided I needed to see what all the fuss was about for myself. Most of the rubbish reviews seem to come from people who read half the first book, decide it is rubbish and don't bother with the rest.

This is where they make the mistake. You need to read all three and follow the story to it's conclusion before you can really decide. I haven't read or seen anything Twilight so didn't have the comparison to draw on but I think that helped me appreciate the trilogy on its own merits.

Admittedly, it is never going to sit alongside what previous generations have decided are literary classics, but it would be out of place there anyway. However, in the right frame of mind and with the patience to see it through to the end is a more than worthwhile investment of your time, if you like that sort of stuff anyway. I have read some utterly rubbish erotica in my time, but this is definitely at the better end of the genre. I don't really get on with visual adult material because movies have ridiculously ropey plot lines and it leaves nothing to the imagination. This however, has a pretty solid plot line, that gets nicely tied up by the end (pardon the pun), and is an engaging read, if you can make it past the first few chapters.

Like many people I bought this as I always do with best sellers.

I thought it was rubbish, I kept thinking well something major and brilliant must happen at the end so I kept reading.

I'm in no way a snob and I love all different kinds of books but its definitely not for me :) x

everyone seems to be obsessed with this at the moment! no.1 in all the charts i've seen.

Saw it for £3 in Morrisons so thought, why not? :D

Back